Skip to main content

Survivor Australia 2016!

Anyone but Rove as host, I've watched U.S. Survivor since Season 1 and wouldn't want the new Aussie version turned into some sort of vehicle for his lame jokes. I wouldn't mind Gretel or Commando to take the job.

Looked pretty good. Got the impression that it will have the same theme song as the US version.

No indication of when though.

I think at the Ten 2016 programming release they indicated Survivor would be on in the second half of the year

I think at the Ten 2016 programming release they indicated Survivor would be on in the second half of the year

It's taking over the biggest loser's gap. So we can expect it the same time big brother was usually on channle nine. August/September-October/Novembe

Has it 'officially' been confirmed where it is to be filmed? with NZ also doing Survivor this year I would think they would perhaps use the same location as soon as Australia is done with it.

Report: Australian Survivor set for Samoa
March 22nd, 2016 By David Knox 8 commentsFiled under: News,

Australian Survivor will film in Samoa according to media reports.

Samoa was the site of the US Survivor seasons Samoa (2009), Heroes & Villains (2009), South Pacific (2011) and One World (2012), with the show has filming consecutive seasons at single locations. An earthquake and tsunami also struck the island in 2009 after filming had concluded, but destroying the resort where crew had been based.

Previous rumour suggested it would be based on the Malaysian island of Pulau Tiga, where the first US season was filmed in 2000.

“It’s really important that the location is both exotic and confronting for an Australian audience,” TEN’s Head of Factual and Entertainment Stephen Tate recently told TV Tonight.

“We took I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here in Africa when we could have made it in the English site here in Australia. We just felt Australian celebrities wouldn’t be afraid of the bush. It’s the same with Survivor, we really need to take people out of their comfort zone.”

TEN has been inundated with applications with over 15,000 submissions, but is yet to announce a host.

They still haven't announced the host yet? They promised that they would after "I'm A Celebrity" finished.

Don't take this as anything gospel but I have a feeling that the host could be Daniel MacPherson. Or even Lincoln Lewis though I am surprised Lincoln has not been a contestant on "I'm A Celebrity" yet!

Back