Skip to main content

Survivor 27: Blood vs Water

Colton & Kat are both good to watch

Colton is horrid but good for a laugh or two. I'm trying to remember more of Kat - was she the dippy one on the all female team that Colton liked to spend time with, over the all male team he was on?

She did one of the redemption islands I think.
she's good at challenges and feisty

Colton is horrid but good for a laugh or two. I'm trying to remember more of Kat - was she the dippy one on the all female team that Colton liked to spend time with, over the all male team he was on?

Yes she was in One World - the girl alliance in that season remained pretty strong throughout the season. I think something happened with a reward challenge that Kat won, she didn't take the people everyone thought she should take, ended up getting blindsided at tribal council. She was alright but in that season I kind of wish she had the guts to turn on Kim & Chelsea because I didn't like Kim's cockiness. Kim Spradlin went on to win it

Well they certainly don't get along anymore. His threat of hitting her in the face with an oar certainly revealed his true colours.

Yes she was in One World - the girl alliance in that season remained pretty strong throughout the season. I think something happened with a reward challenge that Kat won, she didn't take the people everyone thought she should take, ended up getting blindsided at tribal council. She was alright but in that season I kind of wish she had the guts to turn on Kim & Chelsea because I didn't like Kim's cockiness. Kim Spradlin went on to win it

Kat had one chance - to take Troyzan up on his offer - and instead she chose to help Kim win. Iam excited about Hayden, though, so I am glad she came back.

Okay. Umm, there will be spoilers in this post for the first episode. SPOILERS

Redemption Island has never really worked for me, but in this specific Blood vs Water context, I think it will be good. It gives the potential for, let's saw, next week they trot down to the arena, and Gervase sees Marissa, she says 'Thanks a lot, Turkey,' and he turns, shocked, to the Loved Ones, and 'Culpepper' says 'That is how you do it, bitch.'

Then, Gervase should feel guilty, take her place, lose, go home, and let the sassy promising Marissa join the returnees, and help them destroy the tribe that rejected her, just to make a point about her lovable moron of an uncle. I think this is not your father's Survivor, but it should be interesting.

Culpepper, and what did he do to get that nickname so early?, seems like he will be a liability down the line, but his taking the lead and go with the bro alliance seems like a decent enough plan for now. Mr Candice will probably take the number two position, because he is such a big bro, but Vytas is the interesting one. He already has worked almostt everyone on that tribe. Aligned with the bros. Bonded with Ciera, strategized with Katie and Marissa, so far. Good night for Vytas, he is in my top three.

Hayden I am curious to see, but it all seems a bit overwhelming for him still. He should relax into it once they have shelter, water, fish etc. And Caleb is promising too. I predict these three, Caleb, Vytas and Hayden, will cut Brad and John loose as soon as is convenient, but maintain the illusion of the bro alliance until then. But, they will be looking for recruits. Maybe Rachel? I had thought Marissa until they evicted her - but that was mostly Brad, and she had called him out in the first 5 minutes.) Let Brad feel in charge, but look to the future.

After the merge, Aras, who has probably hooked up with Tyson could join. Tina tends to like a Colby around, so she may align with Aras too.Caleb could bring in Colton, but there is no way Colton will help a broliance make it to the end, which will test Caleb..

OOh, I think this will be good. They booted just the right two people at the start - and it was funny how Rupert thought they picked her to get to him, and not because evryone else on the team was buff and build for speed.Why would anyone work with Candice ever, and they made the right choice their. Her husband, however, will never hear the end of this.

Good premier.

Love Survivor, but get tired of seeing the same people over and over again. :p Would rather watch a whole new cast. Definitely, will be rooting for the new blood.

I know sucks so much!! I have a friend in the states that got as far as meeting jeff probst in person amongst the producers of the show and was so close to being casted, and then they decided to go with "Blood vs. Water" instead....

To me I find the only "all star" seasons they should do is Heroes vs. Villians

I hate how gervase (probably wrong) got his niece evicted just because he is a sore winner. Poor girl, she showed alot of promise.

I know sucks so much!! I have a friend in the states that got as far as meeting jeff probst in person amongst the producers of the show and was so close to being casted, and then they decided to go with "Blood vs. Water" instead....

To me I find the only "all star" seasons they should do is Heroes vs. Villians
Fans vs Favourites 1 was awesome - Parvati and her with her witch, 'this is a stick', Eric Riekenbach.. Great season. Last year was good after the merge. The first All Stars was horrible, I agree, but this year looks good, at least, interesting.

Heroes vs Villains is probably the 'best' season, but what is wrong with FvF? Of course, it is biased for the avourites to win, but that is addressed this season, because no way will the jury vote for a returnee over a loved one.

I hate how gervase (probably wrong) got his niece evicted just because he is a sore winner. Poor girl, she showed alot of promise.

I agree on both counts. Maybe he will redeem himself by swapping out next week, but the two of them actually don't seemto like each other too much.

me and mrs. riddim are big survivor fans. so you'll probably find me in this thread a bit... so let me just say, this thread should have "spoiler alert" all over it...

random thoughts...

- really like the blood vs. water concept. one of the biggest weaknesses of the survivor game is that the early alliances tend to become calcified. doing things like tribe swapping once or twice before the merge helps, but largely, except for the "one big move", the game gets pretty predictable through the middle. the merge this time should be very interesting

- really underwhelmed with the cast. this bunch feels like most of the returning players are returning just for the sake of bringing back players - few of them were memorable for any good reason (game-wise) and mostly they were forgettable. in general, I like the idea of returning players, but it has to be with reason. blood vs. water was a good enough idea to not need returning players.

- i think laura (rupert's wife) getting voted out had more to do with her being older and female - those demographics never do well in the early game because of the tendency to vote out to "strengthen" the tribe. I also think rupert's reputation played a big role - the expectation will be that laura and rupert, if both last to the merge, will work together. you can at least roll the dice that some other sibling- or parent-child rivalry gives you a shot at others

- and, ok, i trashed the returning player angle, but i'll also point out that i'm finding rupert's different approach this time interesting. in hindsight, perhaps the returning players tribe should be happy he left for redemption isle.

- the bro alliance on the newbie tribe won't last. culpepper is too annoying to hold them together. I agree with the other poster that he'll get picked off, probably before the merge.

- exiling marissa was dumb on multiple levels. first off, there are really only two good reasons to vote off someone in the early game: they are a weak contributor at challenges or they are a divisive force back at camp. Marissa was neither - she was a strong and competitive in the challenge, and she wasn't abrasive back at camp, at least not that we saw. at the very least the blonde puzzle girl was a weaker contributor - and that's in an area of her proclaimed strength. second, doing it because you don't like her uncle's gloating on the other team doesn't send the message "don't gloat". it sends the message "open season on family". culpepper may find his blood (wife?) voted off next, if gervaise was any kind of player (which, unfortunately, he isn't)

- speaking of gervaise, thanks for reminding me how useless a competitor you are. why did they bring you back!?

- I'm also hoping for some kind of twist at redemption island. the fact is, the weekly "eliminate one, save two" task is pretty uneventful and the whole thing is predictable. the expectation is that they're all out anyway, and waiting for that person to come back in 8 weeks from now bears no anticipation. worse, they'll re-enter with no social bond whatsoever. talk about easy target. a voluntary swap by loved ones would be interesting, potentially, but if you think about it, you disadvantage yourselves - you lose the chances to strengthen social ties whilst your partner takes your place with none, becoming the easy target. it's just so predictable.

all in all it's a promising start.

I thought the first ep was pretty good, but the cast could be better.

I really like Aras' brother Vytas, seems like a cool cat. I've always been a massive fan of Tyson and he's one of the better players in the game, I can already see him going far.

Not a fan of having some former winners return though (Tina, Aras), I hated how Sandra won a second season.

Keen to see how long Brad Culpepper lasts, I don't think he's gonna be around for too long.

I thought the first ep was pretty good, but the cast could be better.

I really like Aras' brother Vytas, seems like a cool cat. I've always been a massive fan of Tyson and he's one of the better players in the game, I can already see him going far.

Not a fan of having some former winners return though (Tina, Aras), I hated how Sandra won a second season.

Keen to see how long Brad Culpepper lasts, I don't think he's gonna be around for too long.

I thought Sandra played a brilliant game in difficult circumstances for her second win. And I like Aras - he is a triple threat player, good socially, strategically and physically, unlike most players. He is a very under-rated winner. He was true to his alliance - that whole alliance on Panama was so loyal, so dysfunctional, and yet managed to beat that challenge beast test-pilot guy.

Tina, blah, Colby should have won. And then never played again. They could have just cast Parvati, Boston Rob, Russell, Coach etc, but it is good to explore potentially rewarding players from the New School Survivor.

If anyone is a interested, the 'two smartest guys never to win Survivor' Rob Cesternino (Amazon and All STars) and Stephen Fishbach (JT's buddy on Tocachines) have re-started their Survivor Know-It-Alls vlog

http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-...premiere-recap-know-it-alls-stephen-fishbach/

Tis consistently good.

There were actually rumours going around for a while before the cast was released that Rob Cesternino was going to be one of the cast members.

I liked Aras as well, I just prefer having people that haven't won come back and have a shot.

Another cast member I really like is Colton's boyfriend (fiance?), Caleb. I hope he does well.

I'm keen for episode two, from the little preview they gave, it looks like Colton is reverting back to his old ways from One World.

I was annoyed that Sandra ended up winning Pearl Island, I don't think she deserved it at all. Though I was probably just sour about Ryan O or Andrew not getting as far as I was hoping they would... I totally forgot she won a second time as well, I might have to rewatch HvV to refresh my memory. But it irks me, too, that past winners can play again. I don't really think it's fair.

My favourite season by FAR is Micronesia. I watched most of the episodes by peeking through my fingers because I could hardly bear to watch the stupidity of some of the players!!! But it all made for a hilarious and unpredictable season.

Anyway, it's a bit early for me to start picking favourites in this season but I do like Vytas and Caleb. Will probably change my mind after next week's episode :p

I loved Micronesia too.
Would have loved to have seen Eliza Orlins in this one.
I'm not that keen on the returning players this time, they are either too obvious (Rupert, Tina) or unmemorable (Monica, Laura).
Tyson, Aras & Colton should be interesting to watch.

I thought Sandra played a brilliant game in difficult circumstances for her second win. And I like Aras - he is a triple threat player, good socially, strategically and physically, unlike most players. He is a very under-rated winner. He was true to his alliance - that whole alliance on Panama was so loyal, so dysfunctional, and yet managed to beat that challenge beast test-pilot guy.

Tina, blah, Colby should have won. And then never played again. They could have just cast Parvati, Boston Rob, Russell, Coach etc, but it is good to explore potentially rewarding players from the New School Survivor.

If anyone is a interested, the 'two smartest guys never to win Survivor' Rob Cesternino (Amazon and All STars) and Stephen Fishbach (JT's buddy on Tocachines) have re-started their Survivor Know-It-Alls vlog

http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-...premiere-recap-know-it-alls-stephen-fishbach/

Tis consistently good.

I love Rob Has A Podcast. I always listen to it after each episode. Stephen was my favourite in S18. I was happy with the final 2 that season, also the fact that it was a final 2 not final 3.

I was a bit unsure about this season with all the twists but so far so good.
This brad Culpepper is my least favourite. He had 11 confessionals that's on the level that Russell or Cochrane would get per episode. I really hope that Brad is being set up in the editing for a massive fall.

I love Rob Has A Podcast. I always listen to it after each episode. Stephen was my favourite in S18. I was happy with the final 2 that season, also the fact that it was a final 2 not final 3.

I was a bit unsure about this season with all the twists but so far so good.
This brad Culpepper is my least favourite. He had 11 confessionals that's on the level that Russell or Cochrane would get per episode. I really hope that Brad is being set up in the editing for a massive fall.

I agree with Rob that Jeff likes him, but the editors hate him. Vytas, Hayden and Rachel are more than a match for him though, I'd wager. Just let him earn the alpha target, while helping him evict people.

I also agree that the twist etc sounded dreadful, but somehow have all come together. Day 0 was good, the torn loyalty thing looks good too. Candice got he shaft. It was great.

Stephen was my favourite too. His blindside of his partner, the older lady... anyway, that never sat right with me, but he had a great season. As did Aras, in his way. Hope to see him re-united with his brother, fighting side by side, waiting for the time to strike.

Colton is probably the biggest threat to a bro dominated season.

I'm wondering whether we're gonna get through this season without a medevac or someone quitting...

Back