Skip to main content

So...Back in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe channel 7 are just airing old seasons or an international version to fill their timetable.

I loved the Secrets concept from 2012 (& Secret Story), but I definitely do not want to see Big Brother become the strategy soap-opera that it is in the U.S. So let us hope that the logo isn't a hint of whats to come and is just a placeholder for something much bigger and better! :woot:

Although as of yesterday , 13 March 2016 i have found this on Channel 7's website!
https://au.tv.yahoo.com/tv-show/18193706/big-brother/

What do you guys think?
This is one of the most confusing things that could ever have happened. (@marquisite, have you seen this?)

I'm taking this with the tiniest grain of salt, but my question is WHY? :confused: At first I guessed that maybe they've (for some reason) acquired the BB US rights... or perhaps BB CA because Tim Dormer is currently on it... but then again, the description referring to Sonia completely threw me (that part is impossible, so it's obviously just a generic description)... but overall the whole page has confused me. Again... why?

Could it be that we've debunked a potential April Fools prank that Channel 7 might've been setting up in the lead up to April 1st?

Last edited:
I don't think Seven are brave enough (or are even interested) in taking on Big Brother, as others say they probably are getting international versions (they need to fill out their disaster that is 7Flix.)

So I just googled other shows. and Yahoo7 does have pages for other networks shows (most with out dated info like this one) however this page says Yahoo7 TV as the network (not Nine) which is weird. So I think it might just be an outdated page for when Big Brother returned to nine.

The poster who brought it to our attention joined in the past 24 hours.

Yes i did join recently, but i frequent these forums to find information. I decided to join the community today and will be contributing in the future :) Please refer to the link and info i posted, which could of been posted by someone that has been here for years

So I just googled other shows. and Yahoo7 does have pages for other networks shows (most with out dated info like this one) however this page says Yahoo7 TV as the network (not Nine) which is weird. So I think it might just be an outdated page for when Big Brother returned to nine.

This is what i initially thought too, as some of the other programs have proper schedules, although they ARE currently on air.

EDIT: I have messaged various 7 network platforms, as well as ITV studios tonight. Yes i do realise ITV have not hosted BBAU in the past, but this is just a mere message to see if they have even considered it

Although as of yesterday , 13 March 2016 i have found this on Channel 7's website!
https://au.tv.yahoo.com/tv-show/18193706/big-brother/

What do you guys think?

I hate to burst your bubble, but this looks like a hangover from the old TV Guide via Fango in 2013

See:

https://web.archive.org/web/2013081...yahoo.com/tv-show/fango/18193706/big-brother/

Note the same number (18193706) in the URL

The page seems to be dynamically built so the page you linked has today's date. :(

This is one of the most confusing things that could ever have happened. (@marquisite, have you seen this?)

I'm taking this with the tiniest grain of salt, but my question is WHY? :confused: At first I guessed that maybe they've (for some reason) acquired the BB US rights... or perhaps BB CA because Tim Dormer is currently on it... but then again, the description referring to Sonia completely threw me (that part is impossible, so it's obviously just a generic description)... but overall the whole page has confused me. Again... why?

Could it be that we've debunked a potential April Fools prank that Channel 7 might've been setting up in the lead up to April 1st?

Very random... Sonia is contracted to Nine. The logo image is of BB US, so the only sensible reason I can think of is Yahoo7 have somehow coded either BBUS or BBAU incorrectly with them sharing the same unique reference, resulting in the synopsis of BBAU being pulled in to a BBUS article.... I would say article is supposed to be for BBUS as part of Yahoo's US presence but some keyword matched it to be BBAU and thus it found its way on Yahoo7. (seriously why would 7 poach Sonia back to host BB?)

EDIT: I have moved posts from the other "Back in..." type thread which discuss the Yahoo7 page to here.

Last edited:
"Nine admits the past month has been a shocker and is already drawing up plans for a return to a reality show, perhaps The Block, at the start of 2017."

Although the block failed horrendously, not sure why they'd bring it back?

EDIT: I'm a Celebrity had a massive ratings flop too..

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...e/news-story/702583bfa54a6567c87a1bd6c63a5e3a

Actually I'm a celebrity is up 5% compared to last years ratings. The only thing that rated not as great was the finale which rated lower then last years but still overall I'm a celebrity was a ratings hit this year in terms of what it achieved last year

I can't access it anymore.. have they taken it down?

Was it a mistake? Were they not going to announce it until later?

Channel 7? What is going on! Crazy! xD

Actually I'm a celebrity is up 5% compared to last years ratings. The only thing that rated not as great was the finale which rated lower then last years but still overall I'm a celebrity was a ratings hit this year in terms of what it achieved last year

This is true, i was referring to the Finale though, bit weird seeing a drop in 200k viewers. Although i did watch it, and it wasn't an exciting ending at all[DOUBLEPOST=1458051166][/DOUBLEPOST]Also really strange they took the link down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back