Skip to main content

So...Back In 2015?

Nine payed 20 million to acquire Big Brother, also there's around 300 staff and crew working on Big Brother, so I think Big Brother would be a much more expensive show than TBBT.
That's fair enough. Over three years that's less than 7 million so you'd think they recouped that quite quickly. I'm going by David Knox... they're making more than it costs and therefore all is well.

If repeats of BBT can pull in the same profit margin and demos or even better then we can assume we'll see that next year and kiss BB and this forum goodbye.

That's fair enough. Over three years that's less than 7 million so you'd think they recouped that quite quickly. .
I hope you're right Miss B, I shudder to think that they're paying the same as back in the halcyon Ch 10 days when it used to be 20 mil per season. Bunch of suckers if they are. lol

I just found out somewhere that Nine have said they are bringing two new 'Event Television' shows that include elimination formatting. They are said to take up multiple nights a week. Rumours it will be survivor and another local format. They also have The Voice and two seasons of the block. It seems like BB will not fit in. I think is is a confirmed axing of bb. Lets face it, Nine have dusted their hands with BB.

I just found out somewhere that Nine have said they are bringing two new 'Event Television' shows that include elimination formatting. They are said to take up multiple nights a week. Rumours it will be survivor and another local format. They also have The Voice and two seasons of the block. It seems like BB will not fit in. I think is is a confirmed axing of bb. Lets face it, Nine have dusted their hands with BB.
Where is this "somewhere" ??

is there any actual confirmation of ch9 programming next year?
(ie how many blocks and voices there will be)
(legit source, we dont need no rumours.)

is there any actual confirmation of ch9 programming next year?
(ie how many blocks and voices there will be)
(legit source, we dont need no rumours.)

Regarding their reality shows:

There will be two seasons of The Block.
The Voice is returning.
The Voice Kids is not.
There is two big (unannounced what they actually are yet) reality tent pole shows promised to air in 2015.

Regarding their reality shows:

There will be two seasons of The Block.
The Voice is returning.
The Voice Kids is not.
There is two big (unannounced what they actually are yet) reality tent pole shows promised to air in 2015.

source?

Would you reckon they could put it completely on GO! then? as if its a foreign import like they do with Survivor/Bachelor, only more nights a week? Or would that not be doable as they need some major sponsors and all of that, that wouldnt be on board unless it was on the main channel? (despite there looking like no room in the schedule with block x2, voice, etc).

(This is late, but...)

Nine payed 20 million to acquire Big Brother, also there's around 300 staff and crew working on Big Brother, so I think Big Brother would be a much more expensive show than TBBT.

The budget for Big Brother Australia probably doesn't even come close to the costs associated with The Big Bang Theory. Aside from the fact that this season of Big Brother is probably the cheapest yet out of the three from Channel 9 so far, but the audience and population in Australia as well as the demand for the show just isn't big enough to call for a lot of money shelled out for the prize. TBBT costs $4-5 million ALONE per episode, excluding the cast salaries which will probably rise that number to $10 million per episode. That number is probably how much Channel 9 invested in the entire series (maybe a bit more, but that number still doesn't come any where close to TBBT).

(This is late, but...)

The budget for Big Brother Australia probably doesn't even come close to the costs associated with The Big Bang Theory. Aside from the fact that this season of Big Brother is probably the cheapest yet out of the three from Channel 9 so far, but the audience and population in Australia as well as the demand for the show just isn't big enough to call for a lot of money shelled out for the prize. TBBT costs $4-5 million ALONE per episode, excluding the cast salaries which will probably rise that number to $10 million per episode. That number is probably how much Channel 9 invested in the entire series (maybe a bit more, but that number still doesn't come any where close to TBBT).

I think Nine get TBBT from their output deal with Warners Bros. So it's actually relatively cheap for them.

@IRT5 might be able to confirm that. But yeah.

well at least it doesnt look like theyd have any problems fitting it into their schedule if they wanted to...

Back