Skip to main content

So...Back In 2015?

If they did that then that's what I don't get, why invest all that $$ and effort into the show then give only the bare minimum air time? It's like building a million dollar nightclub and not employing any door staff so no-one can get in.
Maybe they built it to be a tourist attraction? Gemma is going to be in the house in the diary room for photos and autographs during the week. With the diary room upstairs, they can do that all summer. Plus people come to visit the house when the show is over.

Edit to above: I read it wrong. She is in the diary room chair with fans...do they have another chair, or move it out, or do they go into the diary room?

@Rose711 that's a replica in a green screen photoshoot room somewhere in Dreamworld. You can see hints of green around the outlines of Gemma, the chair and the people she's with. It's really badly edited in.

How much would Nine have to pay to renew it for a new season? Or would it be cheaper to renew it for 2? At the end of the day it comes down to monies. Does anyone know how much BB makes in money and its profit?

Its looking more and more likely to be axed. We will have to see in 2 weeks time wont we. Will you be sad if it is axed or glad?

Dont listen to all the Rumours you hear.

BB2015 hasnt even been talked about yet.

Once its back into its 7.30pm timeslot I am sure the ratings will change. That is when Ch9 will get a true indication of the ratings and the popularity of this years BB.

Being at a 9pm timeslot and starting at 9.27pm isnt doing the series any good. So when the Block finishes, we will see how different the ratings are and will have a better idea of BB 2015.

Dont listen to all the Rumours you hear.

BB2015 hasnt even been talked about yet.

Once its back into its 7.30pm timeslot I am sure the ratings will change. That is when Ch9 will get a true indication of the ratings and the popularity of this years BB.

Being at a 9pm timeslot and starting at 9.27pm isnt doing the series any good. So when the Block finishes, we will see how different the ratings are and will have a better idea of BB 2015.

If the show does come back next year on Nine. I hope they are smart enough to make sure their reality juggernaut shows don't clash.

Perfect run for them in 2015 would be:
The Voice (Apr-Jun), The Block (Jun-Aug), Big Brother (Aug-Nov)

The Block annoys the shit out of me, every time I put channel 9 on it's The Block, or an ad for it. It seems as if it's been going all year!

If channel 9 was to renew their contract with Endemol then maybe the should try and start the show a little earlier, even June/July that way day light savings wouldn't affect the show. They should really have a more structured and consistent schedule. I literally had no idea there was a surprise eviction tonight... In fact I actually have no idea what day the Eviction show usually is, now that's sad because I'm usually all over the schedule by now... It starts when the old eviction shows used to finish! I just don't seem to be getting that (word/feeling that I can't describe) that I usually get when BB is on. Nothing excites me anymore.

Southern Star/Endemol managed to run BB on channel TEN with no dramas, it had much more air time as it dominated the weekly schedule, it was great! They can't do that on channel 9 because of ACA/60 Minutes/The Block. They had controversies along the way but people still watched it and it lasted 8 years. It's been on channel Nine for 3 years, with a schedule that's been all over the place. I'm still trying to adapt to the fact that Evictions aren't on Sunday's anymore haha.

BB's ratings have just gone down the drain, clearly Endemol know how to run a show but channel 9 know how to ruin a show. They just don't seem to be interested, it's like BB is 9's way or no way.

This year just isn't doing it for me. Rant over.

While it looks unlikely, I really hope the show does continue. I personally think they should try an All-Stars next year, see what happens.

Lol I doubt it. I wish I could say I hope so but I haven't even bothered to watch it this year. It looked a lot better in the past, Just sayin :cool:

'Will never ever happen' scenario:
Channel 10 buys the show (I don't know how the TV Industry works), then it's back on again next year in the first half of 2015, we get a host that everybody loves, we get real housemates and all the things we hate with Channel 9's version of BB is fixed.:biggrin:

Do you think if it was to come back next year that Sonia would still be the host? Because she is pregnant... It would be pretty hard to raise a baby and host a TV show...

I think she would be back.
I doubt it since she's preggers... Teachers for Example get a year off (I think) on Maternity leave, plus I doubt she's going to leave her newborn with her husband/partner (If she has one) or baby sitter while she goes to host a show, I wouldn't if I was her unless I got like a pay rase or somethin :confused:[DOUBLEPOST=1412172069][/DOUBLEPOST]
I doubt it since she's preggers... Teachers for Example get a year off (I think) on Maternity leave, plus I doubt she's going to leave her newborn with her husband/partner (If she has one) or baby sitter while she goes to host a show, I wouldn't if I was her unless I got like a pay rase or somethin :confused:
Raise* wow I'm tired

I doubt it since she's preggers... Teachers for Example get a year off (I think) on Maternity leave, plus I doubt she's going to leave her newborn with her husband/partner (If she has one) or baby sitter while she goes to host a show, I wouldn't if I was her unless I got like a pay rase or somethin :confused:[DOUBLEPOST=1412172069][/DOUBLEPOST]
Raise* wow I'm tired
Nah she will shove it off to alex to look after. And in 20 years time well will have a new producer for the new look show on Nine. Her name will br Alexis

If the show is to be axe its because the fans are saying too much of HATE about big brother show.. i totally understand that the show is going mad time because the producers fault. Not because of the actual show. Unfortunally the producers just wont listern. I like to see big brother to continue but for cried out loud... does it hurt to put at least webcams or at least bring the show in its original format.
Why the need to make the show look diferent aniways ? the show was not meant to be diferent which means big brother show is to be kept original at all times. Its almost like saying the news on television you can't make it look diferent. It has to remain the same format not diferent.

making it look diferent is like saying your wipeing away the actual intregrty show of big brother show.... If they trying to make the show diferent.. they might aswell shove in perfect match and leave bb as original as posible.

The show will come back in 2014. I don't see a sign or indication that the show is ending an axe. Plus there is no indication to put the show on a axe because it seems that the show seems quite OK on channel 9 without any issues or problems like it end up been with channel ten in the final days. So big brother will return. But again as much as many fans are mad about the diferent looks of big brother... that does not even stop channel 9 axing the show. ONLY they would cancel the show if something really did happen.. budget crisis... politician thing... but nothing is going wrong there so that is good. And i don't think they would just axe the show just because dozen fans are mad about big brother show. Since it is only base online with the madness.. i wonder how much more madness it is in reality out there for the bb fans.

So next year i have a strong feeling that they will ONLY try to bring back big brother its original format with something such as game shows for a after big brother daily show. As well with the cams... but i don't think it will be free cams. So that could be posible. If non of that is true... Please shoot me dead had enough.

They dont just axe shows just because a bunch of people are mad about bb show. It would take thousands of fans to be mad about big brother show to make the producers to axe the show. After all there was at least 18.000 applications this year to be a big brother housemate. Its not enough but in terms it is for australia.

I dont think they will suddently axe and make it out channel 9 wants to play like channel ten final haydays to axe the show. It simply does not work like that. But ill be skeptical.

The problem with Big Brother's ratings is The Block's ratings!

Running a second series of The Block in the one year is producing ratings at 7.30 for Nine that are a lot better than the two season's of Big Brother delivered in that timeslot. So why would they change that next year? The question that could be asked is will The Block next year perhaps start a couple of weeks later and run right up to the end of the year and leave no room for Big Brother at 7.30 at anytime. It would be the sensible thing to do from Nine's point of view. Then they would have no need for Big Brother, given the license fee that they would have to pay to buy it.

The problem with Big Brother's ratings is The Block's ratings!

Running a second series of The Block in the one year is producing ratings at 7.30 for Nine that are a lot better than the two season's of Big Brother delivered in that timeslot. So why would they change that next year? The question that could be asked is will The Block next year perhaps start a couple of weeks later and run right up to the end of the year and leave no room for Big Brother at 7.30 at anytime. It would be the sensible thing to do from Nine's point of view. Then they would have no need for Big Brother, given the license fee that they would have to pay to buy it.
Yep. This is the second year that they've had two Block series in a year. And as we said well before we even had a firm launch date, if one show is going to be the poor cousin it's BB because The Block is king. It's too big of a friggen ask to think anyone is going to watch 3hrs of reality viewing a night and yet BB is still getting the #s and more important demos that they are!

The fact that they've started the second Block 2.5 months later this year than last year was obviously based on something. I didn't track it's demos or even ratings last year so I'd have no clue what may have even prompted the shift. But they changed it for a reason and are winning more demos and nights with BB than not. We all think BB is so expensive to produce but how much do you think they're paying for the $1 million per main character episode of Big Bang for example? All they have to do is refurb a house, all probably with massive comps and screen every night. Same as The Block with many less people to pay.

Yep. This is the second year that they've had two Block series in a year. And as we said well before we even had a firm launch date, if one show is going to be the poor cousin it's BB because The Block is king. It's too big of a friggen ask to think anyone is going to watch 3hrs of reality viewing a night and yet BB is still getting the #s and more important demos that they are!

The fact that they've started the second Block 2.5 months later this year than last year was obviously based on something. I didn't track it's demos or even ratings last year so I'd have no clue what may have even prompted the shift. But they changed it for a reason and are winning more demos and nights with BB than not. We all think BB is so expensive to produce but how much do you think they're paying for the $1 million per main character episode of Big Bang for example? All they have to do is refurb a house, all probably with massive comps and screen every night. Same as The Block with many less people to pay.

Nine payed 20 million to acquire Big Brother, also there's around 300 staff and crew working on Big Brother, so I think Big Brother would be a much more expensive show than TBBT.

Back