Skip to main content

So...Back In 2015?

I don't think it's dead weight. It's doing well in the demos and that's what any station and its advertisers want. People look at ratings numbers and say oh, it's doing so badly but it's in a later time slot and is performing just as well as last season so far in what really counts: the demos. All the complaints people are making this season are the same ones people were making this time last year at the same time.... almost down to the last detail. And all the "it won't be back" people were proven wrong again.

I think it'll be back. And if you're a BB fan you better hope Ch 9 keeps it because TEN can't afford it so it'll be shelved indefinitely. If they're struggling to pay for their #1 show Offspring now that their government grants have ended, they sure as hell don't have the $ for BB.
Yes this is true, but if channel nine are loosing the timeslot (which is starting to happen) they lpose the night and then this continues. Advertisers want to reach as much people in a specific demo as they can, which is the block. 600k people isnt many people to reach to.

Yes this is true, but if channel nine are loosing the timeslot (which is starting to happen) they lpose the night and then this continues. Advertisers want to reach as much people in a specific demo as they can, which is the block. 600k people isnt many people to reach to.
Even if they lose the timeslot they're still getting the demos which means that they're reaching the people they want to. You can have great ratings numbers but if they're mainly made up of people you're not targeting then it doesn't mean anything. Someone said in last year's ratings thread (when people were convinced it was the last year of BB) that they don't understand why Aussies focus so much on ratings numbers when networks and advertisers don't. BB was #2 in two of the three key demos last night whereas say The Force which had more than 300k viewers than BB ended up 4th and 5th in those demos. That's what matters when it comes to deciding whether or not a show is worthy of renewing. For all I know 9 only had a three year plan with BB and it plans on ditching it regardless but it's not doing terribly this year as some are trying to make it seem.

I don't think it'll be renewed next year. With the amount of stunts they're pulling so early on in the series, I think it's pretty clear 9 aren't too happy with the ratings thus far. They could just put Big Bang Theory repeats in Big Brothers place, and it'll rate around the same... and it would be so much cheaper for them too.

I also don't see another network picking up Big Brother anytime soon if it's not renewed. Which is why I do hope Channel 9 renew it, even if they're doing a pretty terrible job. Crap Big Brother is better than no Big Brother... I really don't understand anyone who says otherwise.

I am thinking we will be lucky if channel 9 don't axe it halfway through this series the way things are going!

"It's time to go....everyone"

I think this year has potential, the hm's are ok, the house is ok it's just that we only get to see the interesting stuff in 5 second "flashbacks" when it's mentioned by the hm's and has to be shown to put their comments into context. That's the stuff we want to see, not the boring manufactured footage. The problems are all in the production and lack of airtime. If Ch. 9 loses it, it will be their own fault.

I tried to set my recorder to tape tonights episode and it's not even on Channel 9. They've moved it t0 88 or whatever the other station is because of the fkg footy show. At least I hope the episode on that channel is a new one and not a repeat of last night. It just shows the importance that Ch 9 puts on the show, it doesn't really seem like they give a crap.

With the severe bout of work experience editing that is giving me epileptic fits this year; shows what little faith BB have in their own product. Cremation time, to be sure to be sure...

I tried to set my recorder to tape tonights episode and it's not even on Channel 9. They've moved it t0 88 or whatever the other station is because of the fkg footy show. At least I hope the episode on that channel is a new one and not a repeat of last night. It just shows the importance that Ch 9 puts on the show, it doesn't really seem like they give a crap.
Yeah it's on Go tonight if you're in an AFL state. They've been advertising it this week and during last night's show that it was going to move because of the Grand Final Footy Show. I don't blame 9 for shifting it... the GF Footy Show is a live event and they can't delay the start for 20k people in the audience and all the people at home just because we want to watch BB on one channel and not another.

I would be very surprised if it returned next year.
I too do not care if I miss an episode
and there is not enough air time as you do not get to see enough to make a valid choice of who stays and who goes.
ie the gemma footage was an example why show that on eviction night and not in the daily shows as it portrays her in a different light. sad really.

I am guessing the surprise eviction is to try and boost ratings try to get some interesting people in there to liven the show up with their intruders night. I would be surprised if it worked.

also what was the need to spend so much money on a 2 storey house why not just revamp the old one a little bit.
and put the extra money into more being shown on tv and put the Friday night live games on.

Too be honest I'm pretty confident that Big Brother will return on another network. The other networks have all expressed interest in the series at some point especially Seven right before Nine got it. My bet is either Seven or Ten will take it. Preferably Ten although I would like to see what Seven would do with it. Maybe not next year but sometime in the not too distant future.

Seven would most likely be as restricted as Nine and not stay true to the format, stay really juvenile (family friendly) and stunt after stunt to boost ratings. Ten or their secondary channel Eleven is the best place for it probably. I think BB will always be a bit restricted ever since that famous "event" of 2006 but 10 are not that conservative and should be able to run the show properly and have adult conversations. Hopefully the show stays away from being contrived and let things happen naturally.

Big Bang theory would get similar ratings/demos in the same timeslot, and be a lot cheaper.

If things don't improve, I can't see BB getting renewed.

Would another network pick it up? I don't think it would fit well on Seven. Ten CEO Hamish McLennan has previously stated that it was a mistake to let the format go, but he said that last year when the ratings were better. Not sure how he'd feel now.

@Mrs Butterface bringing LOGIC and REASON to this thread :thumbsup:

I still think there's a good chance it will come back next year, on NINE. it's doing remarkably well in the important demos despite the low total people ratings and given the late timeslot.

That being said, if it doesn't come back on NINE - my prediction is that it will be it. End. Ciao BB. At least for the foreseeable future.

BB always goes under heaps of scrutiny, especially on here.
why would this years "horrible season" be the last when its still performing in the demos and well for its timeslot?

I doubt it. BB should have gone out on a high last year.In my opinion that was probably the best BB for quite some time. You have to wonder whether BB in the present format has had its day.

Back