Skip to main content

So...Back In 2015?

They totally rebuilt the house for this year's show didnt they? So clearly going in for this series had some commitment to it long term.

Best case scenario: Nine renews Big Brother but installs a new executive producer. Possibly even ships over someone from Endemol UK, like Sharon "I don't wanna bake cakes, I wanna spin people 'round till they're sick" Powers, who was responsible for (arguably) the best UK series and the biggest refresh of the format we've seen to date.

Middle case scenario: Nine axes Big Brother and it gets "rested" again for a few years, eventually coming back as a good show on some other network.

Worst case scenario: Nine renews Big Brother and keeps Alex M as executive producer. He takes this as confirmation he's been doing a job, and continues running the show into the ground. He has a statue of himself erected in the back yard.

Best case scenario: Nine renews Big Brother but installs a new executive producer. Possibly even ships over someone from Endemol UK, like Sharon "I don't wanna bake cakes, I wanna spin people 'round till they're sick" Powers, who was responsible for (arguably) the best UK series and the biggest refresh of the format we've seen to date.

Middle case scenario: Nine axes Big Brother and it gets "rested" again for a few years, eventually coming back as a good show on some other network.

Worst case scenario: Nine renews Big Brother and keeps Alex M as executive producer. He takes this as confirmation he's been doing a job, and continues running the show into the ground. He has a statue of himself erected in the back yard.
Interesting.......

It makes me sad that Big Brother is in this position. Going by what Tim has said is that Channel 9 have the final say on everything and Alex M is not the enemy.

I can see why people would not want the show to be cancelled this year and a part of me is like that too because who knows if BB would ever be revived again. Some say BB on 9 is better than no BB at all and I can see their point but part of me feels like I want quality BB not this version Channel 9 controls and serves up. It would be so worth it to have a year break if the show going to another network means it would improve dramatically. That's just my opinion though.

It's a hard one. Should we be grateful for what we have or should we expect more? Quality over Quantity?

Either way it's going to be hard. :(

Alex needs to go he's killing bb with rehashed versions copying the UK
i dont care what they do in the uk bb i want a australian version like we had
in the 10 years was much better with a forum and live feed
we could watch during the day not this sterile watered down crap Alex is thinking the viewing public want
nine has no idea what the public want its a weak boring show with them running it

The hm's they pick are just MUPPETS scripted in a show
Alex needs to let the hm's be themselves roll with the true personalties not
some mindless types like skye playing the cute dumb blonde bimbo quickly
becomes boring
The nassistic type like travis and david add interest but then even that gets old fast
even Sonia's more painful to watch than having teeth pulled at times
The entire shows a joke this season
I seriously doubt it will return in 2015
as others have said i've missed a few shows and its not bothered me missing them
so if the audience are taking the take it or leave it approach then alex
needs to think about the future of bb

Maybe if BB got rid of the Ken and Barbie clones that have made up the bulk of the housemates, since changing to 9, the viewing would be a bit more interesting. Just sayin.

The show would succeed on 7, and I have a feeling they'd be able to revamp the format in a good way.
They also have the best marketing and promotion on Australian free-to-air television, in my opinion.

Let Sonia have extended maternity leave and let Tim host and I might be excited if it came back next year.

I dont wanna see bimbo's, barbies or 'meat heads' either.

I loved last year cause it was funny and also had drama. This year I just can't get into it. I really have tried but I don't care if I miss episodes.

The only ones I'm interested in at this point is Priya and David. The others I don't care about at all.

I'm going to be hopeful here, obviously Channel 9 is going to drop it due to ratings. It's partially there fault though as this "Storm" has so many twists, and turns and tornadoes and volcanos that it's just not Big Brother it's all about these twists and things, yes I like the HOH format they brought in but I dislike how 3 days a week is a live show about basically nothing and the nominations show is all crammed in together with a daily show.

I had this weird thought, imagine if Netflix (which is likely coming to australia) did something crazy and picked it up, it would bring a lot of fans to their service and because they have a paying audience they wouldn't have to be so obsessed with ratings. I think that's VERY unlikely though

I'm going to be hopeful here, obviously Channel 9 is going to drop it due to ratings. It's partially there fault though as this "Storm" has so many twists, and turns and tornadoes and volcanos that it's just not Big Brother it's all about these twists and things, yes I like the HOH format they brought in but I dislike how 3 days a week is a live show about basically nothing and the nominations show is all crammed in together with a daily show.

Channel 9 has to spend money to make the show, then they would have sponsors because the show would be good.

It looks cheap, it feels cheap, it is far too padded with idiotic gimmicks and talks. Not enough substance. Not enough view of the HMs and what is happening in the house.

The problem is that how many people see this season improving? I'm not sure why they changed every aspect of the show from last year. My feeling is that the show can't recover substantially from the aborted twists that left viewers and voters confused.

Is any one voting? I feel that nine is interested in the money from votes as well as the money from advertisers. But, everyone is complaining about the number of ads.

The question is, are the current numbers good enough, and what would they replace it with?

I thought reality tv was pretty inexpensive to make compared to scripted shows. I don't know the answers to these questions.

The problem is that how many people see this season improving? I'm not sure why they changed every aspect of the show from last year. My feeling is that the show can't recover substantially from the aborted twists that left viewers and voters confused.

Is any one voting? I feel that nine is interested in the money from votes as well as the money from advertisers. But, everyone is complaining about the number of ads.

The question is, are the current numbers good enough, and what would they replace it with?

I thought reality tv was pretty inexpensive to make compared to scripted shows. I don't know the answers to these questions.

I am not voting and wouldn't watch it straight from the TV.
I record it and fast forward the adds.

This year I not interested enough to put myself through the adds, even muted I couldn't stand them, far too many, too many repeats about the show, before and after the add as well.

If the show was doing a little better and this wasn't a 3rd year in the contract of 3 years I could see it coming back to Nine again next year.

If they did choose to renew would they have to pay top $$$ for the rights again and sign another 3 year contract?

If that's the case I can't see it being renewed unless ratings become a bit more healthy.

Maybe @Goon can shed light?

They totally rebuilt the house for this year's show didnt they? So clearly going in for this series had some commitment to it long term.
If they did that then that's what I don't get, why invest all that $$ and effort into the show then give only the bare minimum air time? It's like building a million dollar nightclub and not employing any door staff so no-one can get in.

Back