Skip to main content

Sick of Priya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I think Priya is part of a clique with Jason, Aisha, Travis and Skye. I think that's why she was concerned about Skye hooking up with Leo (who seems to be friendly with both "sides").

Which is interesting as that's a clear show of her attempting to manipulate Skye, over being genuinely concerned. Yes she pretty much accused leo of being a fake-arse and of him using Skye to get further along in the game. All I will say regarding such a comment is, if people specifically point that out or assume others are doing it, they themselves are guilty of what they are accusing the other party of.

I quite like Priya. I don't have the level of adoration for her that some here do but she seems very insightful. Her DR chats give us a good idea of what's going on - which is great considering we don't get any freaking footage. She's pretty manipulative (and not in a particularly entertaining way) but I hope she survives longer than most of them left in the house. She's just beautiful to look at too.

I can't really say whether I like her or not and that's based on personally being indifferent to all the housemates this year. That said, I do not believe for one second she's more intelligent or "deeper" than others in the house. I mean, a raindrop is deep to an ant....not being an ant myself, her depth to me (as example) would be a wading pool...as in, I have never seen her say anything profound. If one of her fans could cite an example, that would be fabulous as I may have missed that.

I think a lot of people are confusing the authoritarian "aura" teachers tend to possess as part of their guise, as being deeper or smarter than others. A such, I reckon she's taken her work-a-day-life persona into the house with her. It's a "job" being there.

Which is interesting as that's a clear show of her attempting to manipulate Skye, over being genuinely concerned. Yes she pretty much accused leo of being a fake-arse and of him using Skye to get further along in the game. All I will say regarding such a comment is, if people specifically point that out or assume others are doing it, they themselves are guilty of what they are accusing the other party of.

I can't really say whether I like her or not and that's based on personally being indifferent to all the housemates this year. That said, I do not believe for one second she's more intelligent or "deeper" than others in the house. I mean, a raindrop is deep to an ant....not being an ant myself, her depth to me (as example) would be a wading pool...as in, I have never seen her say anything profound. If one of her fans could cite an example, that would be fabulous as I may have missed that.

I think a lot of people are confusing the authoritarian "aura" teachers tend to possess as part of their guise, as being deeper or smarter than others. A such, I reckon she's taken her work-a-day-life persona into the house with her. It's a "job" being there.
Isn't she a comedian as well?

Yeah.. and I don't see why IF her "stand-up" stint in the house is any indication of what she constitutes as humour. She is a teacher at some "our lady of...." school In SA though as a day job.
I think its more of a dry humour. But that can be easily assessed as shade and sarcasm.

Yeah.. and I don't see why IF her "stand-up" stint in the house is any indication of what she constitutes as humour. She is a teacher at some "our lady of...." school In SA though as a day job.

I felt that she wasn't prepared on BB. I didn't feel that she was comfortable. I wouldn't judge her on that performance alone. I truly felt that she could do better, something wasn't right at the time.

I think its more of a dry humour. But that can be easily assessed as shade and sarcasm.

I understand what you are saying and some may see her humour as that.I personally don't and that's not a slight on her or anyone who thinks she's funny. I just don't see her humour and BTW I am all about sarcastic humour! lol (I like The Chaser's and Southpark.. more politically minded sarcasm than what her humour brings - to me - to the table.) I also don't see her with either as her "sexycurry69" twitter name,IMO would have been far more "witty" if she had use "hotcurry with the 69 instead? *shrug* Again just me not finding what she offers as insightful. She IS however inciteful....( the Leo/Skye issue as example). That's not at all due to intelligent or deep though, but rather, has more to do with her manipulation and again, being a teacher, they are TAUGHT how to manipulate/interact/coerce in a passive way of course, hence the feigned authoritarian guise being brought into play. She interacts with the other housemates as she probably does with her students, and perhaps how she also deals with their respective parents on Parent/Teacher nights. Just my 2 cents as to her.

I felt that she wasn't prepared on BB. I didn't feel that she was comfortable. I wouldn't judge her on that performance alone. I truly felt that she could do better, something wasn't right at the time.

Well here she is and IMO she's just as bad here and she was prepared.

I tried to listened, but the laughter and the bad quality of the recording made it impossible for me to judge, sorry.
Maybe comedy is not for her, I truly can't judge her fairly on what I saw.

Maybe it is..or it isn't. Her lack of humour (for me) is not my reasoning for wanting her out of the house. I just don't find her interesting, period. *shrug*. How she is IN the house though, reminds me a lot of the teachers I deal with when they are in "teacher" mode. I just don't think what she's showing in there is REAL Priya but rather, "teacher" Priya.

Maybe it is..or it isn't. Her lack of humour (for me) is not my reasoning for wanting her out of the house. I just don't find her interesting, period. *shrug*. How she is IN the house though, reminds me a lot of the teachers I deal with when they are in "teacher" mode. I just don't think what she's showing in there is REAL Priya but rather, "teacher" Priya.

You might be right. I just haven't seen enough of her. What I saw I liked. I blame totally BB for not showing the HMs to us. It is so difficult to have favorite or dislike someone. I just don't see enough

You might be right. I just haven't seen enough of her. What I saw I liked. I blame totally BB for not showing the HMs to us. It is so difficult to have favorite or dislike someone. I just don't see enough

The whole micro-management of BB this season, has probably left a lot of viewers cold and therefore unable to get a proper gauge on many, if not all of the housemates. I have found it impossible to get that" yeah...I am backing you" vibe from any of them this year, although, I will say that has Leo was on a show on another network and saw his (albeit edited) ways, you are getting what's ON the Leo "tin" in the BB house...not enough for me to vote to save him if/when it happens though. For me, by and large, this season so far had been a massive yawn, because as you said.. we are not seeing enough of them.

So I ask as to Priya, what have you seen of her that you like, that I have missed? I would truly like to understand what others see in her as she is on BB.

The whole micro-management of BB this season, has probably left a lot of viewers cold and therefore unable to get a proper gauge on many, if not all of the housemates. I have found it impossible to get that" yeah...I am backing you" vibe from any of them this year, although, I will say that has Leo was on a show on another network and saw his (albeit edited) ways, you are getting what's ON the Leo "tin" in the BB house...not enough for me to vote to save him if/when it happens though. For me, by and large, this season so far had been a massive yawn, because as you said.. we are not seeing enough of them.

So I ask as to Priya, what have you seen of her that you like, that I have missed? I would truly like to understand what others see in her as she is on BB.

Her intro was, that she was not going in the house to make friends, but to play the game

So the reasons I like her:

The situation with the money, I liked the way she played the game.
The little seeds she plants in people's head, that's playing the game.
Sometimes even being a little mischievous .
The way she talks with intelligence.

She hasn't done anything that made me dislike her. I love Skye (more than Priya) but even when Priya use her, I don't dislike her, because she is doing what she said she would. BB IS A GAME.

I don't worship Priya like some do. I always find that a bit strange. And the fashion with giving different names to HMs.
it is so ridiculous. IMO. Calling Skye - Skype for example. I even saw Travis - Travola. Why can't they be called by their names? What is the aim? I don't know people who do that in my life, they would be ridiculed for sure

I still think Travis is unique.

I have seen many Priya's in my life. Don't need her in that house any longer.
Travis is not unique, trust me. He's just a stereotypical bogan-like person but just not as smart as your average person.

Priya is unique. Her accent, her sassy personality (You wouldn't think she has the ability to be playful in words when you look at her), etc. And if you're referring to Indian-Australian woman when you say "I have sen many Priya's in my life" that's just rude.

She is such a fence sitter and she is trying to control Skye.

Terrible housemate.

Is afraid to speak her mind and just controls the ones closest to her.

Afraid to speak her mind?
-She told David exactly how she felt the other day.
-She told Skye exactly what her opinion is on Leo (Which everyone can see now)
-She has been unapologetic about her intentions in the game, telling everyone why she is here at the dinner when David called her out, etc.
Those are just a few examples.

No offence but your fave Ryan is the one who can't speak his mind without having a full-blown argument instead (e.g. Travis vs Ryan / Ryan vs Skye).

Afraid to speak her mind?
-She told David exactly how she felt the other day.
-She told Skye exactly what her opinion is on Leo (Which everyone can see now)
-She has been unapologetic about her intentions in the game, telling everyone why she is here at the dinner when David called her out, etc.
Those are just a few examples.

No offence but your fave Ryan is the one who can't speak his mind without having a full-blown argument instead (e.g. Travis vs Ryan / Ryan vs Skye).

She didn't have the gonies to be upfront and tell Leo what she was thinking though.

I reckon she IS afraid to speak her mind and I would not be surprised at all if she was in "in your face" vixen when not on TV and when away from work. We just don't get to see any REAL Priya. The interacts we see are near copybook, cookie-cutter responses, in tone, body language, ,even tempered "lip-service" style responses teachers give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back