Skip to main content

Show your gift

He closed his tired eyes for the final time. He saw in his head his uncle Jack, with his kind twinkling eyes and his grey bushy beard, laughing his big booming laugh. He saw his aunt Susan, with her curly red hair and beaming smile, laughing alongside her husband. He saw them together out on their back deck, sitting together listening to the birds sing and smelling the sweet ocean air as the sun set on a brilliant summer’s day. And Simon smiled at that.

The End.

Over by the hill, surrounded by big tall trees full of lush red and green leaves, was a small wooden house, modestly furnished with second hand couches and rusting pots and pans. With no electricity or running water and the dust and mould everywhere, this wooden house had the look of it being long abandoned by society. That would be true, except for one man who was standing in the middle of what can only be described as some sort of web infested room. There were cobwebs everywhere. Mark, a tall gangly man with red hair, freckles and glasses, standing in the middle of the room, was staring right at a spider that he could not see. For the whole room was pitch black. The darkness was all around him. He could see nothing, not even his hands. A distinct musty smell entered his nostrils, like that of an old library book. Mark coughed loudly, the dust was starting to enter his lungs. He had to leave the house. He had only come in to get out of the rain. His car, a beat up old ute with a dodgy handbrake, had broken down about 5km from where he was now. He had gone to get help as his mobile phone didn’t have good reception as his car had broken down near a forest. Mark walked for what seemed like miles, darkness slowly setting in and the light of the moon obscured by the trees, until he came across the small cottage. That is when the rain started, a heavy downpour that came from the sky above and absolutely drenched Mark. Soaking his red polo shirt and cream cargo pants. So he raced inside, shut the door behind him and found himself in the middle of the spider infested room and now he wanted to leave it. He wanted to go back to his car and sleep there for a night. Mark slowly made his way down towards the door, or the direction that he thought the door was as he could not be sure in this darkness about his sense of direction. He brushed the cobwebs off. Mark was not afraid of spiders, but have the eight legged creatures crawling up his arm was too much for him to handle. He heard a scratching sound, like a rat clawing at the floorboards. The scratching persisted, getting louder and more frequent. Mark grimaced, the noise was like a jackhammer into his brain, pounding away, digging into his skull…

“STOPT IT!” screamed Mark.

The scratching stopped, there was only silence. It was as if the scratching had never happened. Mark wondered if he had imagined it. He did have a good imagination. But this was real. It must have been, his brain had hurt from hearing all the scratching. However he wanted to leave, so he didn’t have time to worry about that. So he continued on towards the door.

He suddenly felt something crawl up his leg. Something like a spider or an ant. Mark could not be sure. He quickly brushed his leg with his hand. It was still there. He tried again. Nothing. This was getting annoying. He decided to scratch his leg, just to get that spider off him. Nothing. He scratched again, this time much harder. Nothing. He tried to scratch it again. Nothing. It was no use, the spider was going to kill him. Mark, after a few seconds of thinking, suddenly remembered he had a knife in his pocket, so he took it out of his pocket, and started to scratch his leg with it. He screamed in agony, but he knew he had to withstand the pain if he was going to get rid of the spider that was still crawling on his leg. So Mark continued to scratch his leg with his knife, trying but failing not to cry as the blood continued to trickle down his leg. Nothing. The spider was still there. Defeated, Mark slumped to the floor, exhausted and crying, his leg bleeding, and a red back spider making its way off Mark’s arm.

The End.

cybergirl.jpg

Pencils by Andrey Lunatik
Inks by Matt James

This took weeks... literally weeks to get done... I started it by flatting the inks done by :iconlauranel: which were ok-ish and was *just* about ready to start on the shading after 3 nights of flatting, when Matt posted his better inks.

So I tried to just copy and paste the flats I already had into Matt's inks hoping they'd fit enough with only a small amount of adjustment. Did they fit? No... they did not... So I started flatting it all over again. Another 3 mights down.

Then the shading. At first I was going to for an E.V.E Protomecha look to it all ala Liquid! from a few years back (I'm sure you know the one...) but that didn't work. The detail in the drawing just made it look muddy. The biggest hassle was trying to separate the elements out of all that teeny tiny detail in the inks.

So after some fiddling which took a whole night in itself, I decided to follow the colour selections of a "Cici" picture I had done way back in 2002

After that it was just a matter of making sure I got all the bits, and there were a LOT of bits!!!

You seriously have to be committed to want to colour one of Andrey's pics, because sure as heck afterwards you will be "committed" (*rocks gently in the corner going "I'm ok, I'm ok...") :)

cheers
Sean

blackcat_campbell_2015.jpg

pencils by J Scott Campbell
inks by J Skipper

This has been sitting on the HDD for months now half done. But since I'm avoiding colouring the last page of a commission right now (because it's page 10 and I'm getting bored with them... and there's no deadline), I decided to finish it off :p

cheers
Sean

I have been meaning to tell you @SeanE that you are very talented. These are so cool. They really are. Good stuff Sean! :):thumbsup:

pencils by Kevin McCoy
inks by Jeff Graham

Freakin' sick.. again, as usual it seems... on my term break holidays. So in between generally spacing out and trying to rest I've finished this one off. Kev and Jeff would notice that I've changed the bikini a wee bit to make it more PG-13 but that's because I don't want to have to put a mature tag on this or spend some time explaining myself to the Principal of the school I work at if the kiddies should see it. I also added the tattoos following the John Carter movie as I thought those were a neat idea. (I actually liked the movie) Tattoo is a design by "Teemunkle" whose DeviantArt account is now deactivated.

dejah_thoris_by_seane-d91903z.jpg

display_2635874.jpg

pencils by DmitryGrebenkov

Dmitry sent me the pencils to this a few years ago and they consisted solely of the girl. The background I had to make completely from scratch for the first time ever and took AGES! I modeled it on his version of this picture as I was learning as I was going. Not as good as his of course, but it'll do...

Lots of credits in this as well. All found on Deviantart.com

Chain-link and barbwire fence brushes are by redheadstock
Peeling paint and rusty metal texture are by grungetextures
Rose tattoos outlines are by vikingtattoo
Bloody handprint by enchantedgal-stock
Blood splatter texture by ienigmagraphics
Hibiscus flower on her 'Party Girl' top by 1shotandree

The German electric fence sign was found on google images (Why in German? Why not, besides it was already rusty and beatup...)

cheers
Sean

Thanks .. i just cant sit and watch tv and not be doing something ...reading is counter productive so makimg these is my thing to do ... each one usually gets adopted fairly quickly or friends ask for certain ones to be made especially for them their kids or grandkids ... towards end of year if i have a bunch i will take to local kids ward or maybe give to salvos to pass on to someone who will love them
Each one becomes an individual as i am sewing them together and stitching their faces ... usually happens late at might or early in the am so its just me and them when they finally "arrive" .... ok that sounds a bit weird ... but u will get my drift

So what are you creating with your knitting? photos or it didn't happen :p
Ha. I've only just learnt how in recent months. Simple beanies for me at the moment.
I posted this the other day...
I knit this beanie for a friend today.
It has a reflective strip throughout the yarn, so pic on the left taken without flash, pic on the right WITH flash. Pretty neat!

image.jpg

Ha. I've only just learnt how in recent months. Simple beanies for me at the moment.
I posted this the other day...
it looks great! do you do them on circular needles? I've never tried using those ... wouldn't mind trying to make some boot cuffs for winter some day ...

Back