Skip to main content

Show your gift

cheerleaders_vs_zombies.jpg

pencils by Mike Dibalfo
inks by Will Egli

I've been working on and off this one for pretty much the past year...! Finally, it's done!

image.jpg1.jpg

Merry Christmas SeanE from a couple of my latest creations
Thanks for sharing your creations with me and all the others who pop by this thread Hope you have a safe and happy Christmas

scifi_girl.jpg

Pencils and inks by David Nakayama
Colours by Me

A few months ago when I got a copy of the book "Digital Painting Techniques Vol 4." from 3DTotal.com there was a tutorial/how to written up by Dave Nakayama in it. "Well whattya know?!" I thought. "I just happen to have Dave's email address!. Perhaps I might give him a heads up for the lineart...!?"

So I did... :)

And Dave being the extremely nice guy that he is went digging into his archives and found the inks. We had a bit of trouble getting them to me as my email simply wouldn't recognise his hotmail account or vice versa his hotmail wouldn't recognise my email, but eventually we sorted it out after 3 attempts (gmail to the rescue!!!...)

So, here it is . All coloured for better or worse :)

(BTW - I can't share the lineart as part of the deal, so sorry about that...)

Background technical brushes are by nickmeister, basstar and ners on deviantart.com

cheers
Sean

tarzan.jpg

pencils and inks by Marcel Zero
colours by me

This was a quick one and following up that Phantom picture I did last in my 'doing characters from comics of old' theme I seem to be stuck on at the moment! Keeping it simple overall and while I was doing it I was getting that real old serial comics feel with a touch of Bill Waterson on the the colouring... :) Well anyway, that's what it felt like to me regardless of what it eventually looks like.

cheers
Sean

sailor_moon_by_seane-d9orrml.jpg

Pencils by Stanley Artgerm Lau

Done for his Facebook competition. I think it looks ok but then Artgerm will colour this for himself on Monday 25th 2016 as a public demonstration and show everyone just how much like ass my efforts look :p

I've never thought I'd ever catch myself colouring a 'sailor moon' picture...! Not really my thing normally. The hair took a while...

cheers
Sean

clocks.jpg

pencils and inks by che rigas
This one has been a long *time* coming (geddit?...time?...ha!, I kill me... *sigh*)
Back in July or so I saw the lineart to this on artstation.com and asked Che for the highres. After a week or 3 he saw the comment, agreed and emailed me the lineart.
I then set about colouring it but as usual got distracted, sidetracked, had commission work come up... and so this kept getting set aside. But I kept coming back to it after finishing other stuff and fiddling with here and there. She started off with a standard steampunk colour scheme, changed to forest greens ala robin hood, and then finally ended up like this! Because I worked on it in such a start stop manner the colouring consistency suffers a bit, but I think I've fixed most of the glaring mis-matches.
cheers
Sean

arkham_harley.jpg

Pencils and inks by Vitali Iakovlev
colours by me

Back to work this week after my 6 week summer break (that seemed to be over about 5 minutes after it started, it went that quickly...) so back to doing something simple and straight forward while the first week of school gets off to its usual hectic start.

it looks great! do you do them on circular needles? I've never tried using those ... wouldn't mind trying to make some boot cuffs for winter some day ...
I'm a fan of circular needles. I use them in place of regular needles now too. Less risk of dropped stitches and losing needles.

valkyrie_by_seane-d9uhbdn.jpg

Pencils by Jay de foy
Inks by Kieran squires

Lately I've felt I've been rushing my pictures. Too busy looking at the next pic to do, or having to get stuff done either for or in between a commission. So, I took more time on this one, fiddling with this and that over the space of a week to 10 days.

The curving background was a fortuitous accident. I had the clouds etc done and accidentally hit the 'sphere' filter... and ta-dahh!

magdalena2016.jpg

Pencils by Joe Benitez
Inks by Victor Llamas

colours by me

My new most favourite person on the internet is Tatiana Dykes who sent graciously sent me a whole stack of high res scans from her comicartfans collection after she saw my coloured art posted on Facebook!! :)

This was one of them. A collectors cover of The Magdalena. I cut my teeth in colouring Topcow stuff when I first started colouring for a hobby but haven't had much new to work with for the past few years after I ran out of lineart to do. Then Tatiana sent me this one!!! :) I haven't coloured Maggie for a while and it was a real treat to just go 'old school' on the colours.

I have a stack of others from her including a couple of Fathom pics, which is another character I haven't done for ages. I got Mike Turner, Randy Green, Tony Davies... it was like Christmas for lineart! :)

fathom2016.jpg

Pencils by Mike Turner
Inks by James Goodwin
Colour by me

Another exclusive highres lineart provided to me by collector Tatiana Dykes who owns the original pencils. As far as I know this has never been coloured before as Mike Turner drew it as a one-off commission piece... so, Yay!

The swirly water took FOREVER to flat because there are no closed lines...anywhere...

cheers
Sean

Back