Should BBAU become more like BBUS?

• Yes

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 64 86.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The HOH idea is a very horrible plan! I don't mind and expect the evolution of the BB format... but having an HOH is the difference between BB and Survivor.

Hmmm. I think by those standards you would far more enjoy Survivor than Big Brother. Don't get me wrong i love Survivor. But the essence of Big Brother is the fly on the wall concept coupled with the game strategy aspects. BBUS is just a game show. Watch BB Canada, that's a BBUS clone, so that's another you would like. I just get the feeling that you feel the chats between HM's are the most boring parts of the show, meaning this isn't the version for you.

Nail on the head! A game show is definitely the best way to describe it.

I like how so many people are anti-this, yet BBAU 2013 had some components of the USA game.

Showdown was the Head of Household and Power of Veto competitions combined, with the winner:
- getting their own luxury room (though only for a night and not the entire week)
- able to remove any nominee they wanted from the threat of eviction (PoV-holder responsibility)
- able to name a replacement nominee (HoH responsibility)

Other than the nominations/eviction system and the ban on strategising, what was actually different?
Yeah for me, it's DEFINITELY the lack of talking about nominations. IMO that's what makes BBAU and BBUS worlds apart.

I'm enjoying this season of BBUS (although only up to ep12) but I'm happy that we also have the AU version where BB is quite strict on noms talk. I mean, you hardly see any relationship on BBUS other than alliance talk. I don't watch after dark or live feeds though.

The HOH idea is a very horrible plan! I don't mind and expect the evolution of the BB format... but having an HOH is the difference between BB and Survivor.

Except that in Survivor it is very rare for one person to be given total control over who is up for elimination. That only really happens when Survivor whittles down to the final 3 contestants and they run a final 2, which they have done just once in the last 10 seasons (last season).

The HOH role is a component that is very removed from Survivor.

Back