ffgtvJG.gif
E3jqOHP.gif
XdecdeT.gif
PeOkjoB.gif
SqUnkNY.gif
YsEvEu3.gif
fFUjGje.gif
GPqtwr7.gif

You need your mouth washed out with some caustic substance just for thinking such a thing.

NO, NO, a trillion times NOOOOOO!!

I want to know who the four people who voted yes are, so we can dispense some mob justice. :p

Ship them to Iraq and let them play with ISIS for the season...

And now I see that JordanS votes Yes so he can be shipped as well!! Oh and add Zach to the list!!

I use to dislike the US version, but it seems so much more less fake, because people are vying for popularity within the house rather than the public.

The Diary Room talk is totally fake and scripted as are many of the lines said at the competitions, Veto and HoH ceremonies.

In BBAU people do have to get people on their side in the house for nominations and competitions have consistently been a part of the Australian version in the past. Open discussion of strategy can be interesting for a while but it can get pretty tedious as well.

The only way the US version works well is if they actually put in a group of people willing to be like those on Survivor and be really cut throat, unfortunately they tend to put quite a lot in who have no game whatsoever.

It has a live stream but the irony is a live stream is actually far more integral to a public vote version of the show than a US style one, because the public need to see it to vote without undue editing bias.

No... However it would be interesting if the format was spun-off in to a show of it's own... Obviously whatever is brought over would not be a carbon copy of the US format, just as BBCAN is similar but very different from it's American cousin...

The reason Survivor has such strong game play is that the pay increases so much more the longer they stay. They fight tooth & nail to stay just another week. BBUS HM fight to make it to jury house, but after that, there isn't much incentive for most of them than to bide time & stay off the radar. I think they thought this 2 HOH would help but it's been a bust.

I really enjoyed BBUS2, every competition/task had a psychological impact on the HM or the game - of course, Dr.Will was Tim caliber entertainment & the show wouldn't have been the same without him.

I've seen almost all the BBAU tasks done previously on BBUK but most have also been perfected by BBAU.

What I think I like most about BBAU is the almost constant interaction with BB. Even having one HM assign duties (cleaning, cooking, baking bread, etc.) and having HM with daily duties.

Having BBAU with live feeds & an unlimited budget would be awesome but otherwise, no thanks.

No. No. No. Wait, let me think about it. No.[DOUBLEPOST=1409608953][/DOUBLEPOST]No. No. No. Wait, let me think about it. No.

Barring the live feed I can't honestly say there's anything worthwhile in copying from the 'murikan version

From the US and would love for the BBUS version to be way more like BBAU!! BBAU is my new favorite of all BB's everywhere...it excels in almost every way!

No no a thousand times NO!!! All they talk about is strategy!

I remember watching a couple of seasons maybe five years ago. In the launch of one of them, as the HGs entered the house they were already forming alliances, and half of them hadn't even even gone in. It's just stupid.

The Australian version does need to keep the games element in, that's made it more competitive over the years. If that goes I would be really disappointed.

Yeah like Survivor where they all scramble to make alliances in the first 10 mins! I watched one season of USBB - the one with Brendan and Rachel and that blonde girl, Jordan? Never again lol

It wouldn't be right for Australia but the US format is probably stronger than ever. There is a hybrid variant which is the most successful BB in the world - BB Brazil. That basically has all the HoH/Veto/Alliance element of the US version but keeps the public vote, but again I don't think that is right for Australia at this moment in time.

Certainly hope they don't copy the mess of the "Power Trip" theme used in the UK - any twist needs to be consistent and fairly implemented and I think Australia are best of looking at expanding their own "Superpower" twist rather than implementing anything else. My reading of the promos is that one HM may hold the superpower from the beginning of the series until such a point that they lose it or get evicted.

Definitely not! Even though I haven't agreed with the majority of the winners of Big Brother (Just off the top of my head, I wanted Chrissy to beat Reggie, I wanted Bree to beat Trevor, I wanted Camilla to beat Jamie, I wanted Tim to beat the Bogans, I wanted Zach to beat Aliesha, I wanted Elle to beat Ben and Layla, and I wanted Tahan to beat Tim and Jade), I am extremely happy with the fact that the viewers get the show they want to see!

And before anyone says we should consider being more like Survivor - just how good was Aussie Survivor? >_<

Some parts I say yes to. The housemates noms and then they voting out housemate. There being a HOH who gets immunity and extra privileges BUT A BIG NO to alliances and talking about noms.

Back