Skip to main content

Ryan vs Skye

Lol you insult people for "Buying" into the whole Skye dumb act. Calling people "Fucking idiots " and to check their brains but finish off by saying "No offense" . I love it when people do that (insert sarcasm). Like you are justifying your tirade.

THAT'S GOLD :thumbsup: (not)
Classic!

I agree I think he deliberately sought Skye out to have a go at her for whatever. All she said was everyone has down days and he attacked her over that. The Skye is so immature line is really getting old, in my opinion. From what I can see she is not the most immature person in this house and she was absolutely correct in what she said about Sandra, she is so painful with her woe is me attitude and hissy fits over nominations. If Sandra doesn't want to be there she should leave.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^

Ryan was 100% in the right IMO, Skye was putting it on because she didn't like someone trying to have an honest conversation with her.

However, I still think he can be a douche and didn't like the way he handled the Travis thing and can't wait to see his face when he comes back.

its all for nothing anyway. in a few days ryan (and probably sandra) will be gone and skye will still be in the house.

How does that have absolutely anything to do with this discussion?

They probably will be but that doesn't mean I can't think Ryan was right and Skye was wrong in this instance.

Yeah I get that but I guess I was thinking of what he was doing before he actually hoed in to her.....even though he was using non specific language, i.e going to get more cheeky, it was fairly obvious that he was talking about skye in particular. Although it could be put down to clever editing, it appeared that his comment was in reference to the video of skyes nominations.
I think Ryan believes he's got nothing to lose now by hanging back and allowing her to continue to pull the dumb bimbo act when it suits her to get her own way - and when the need arises he (and others) will start calling her on it

he's not bullying her - I hate the overuse of that word in these forums - it diminishes the word

I've seen for a while now that Skye isn't as dumb as she likes to make out - its a 'life skill' she's developed & honed and she's been allowed to get away with it and had allowances made for her so that she seems to expect this will always be the way

Skye will play these situations up for sympathy from the likes of Priya and Jason who are going to play her for as long as they need to
Priya will light fires from within so that these flare ups continue to happen to Skye ... so that Skye and whoever is her current protagonist will draw the fire and NOT Priya (or Leo will look like a scumbag for 'using' Skye - which I don't agree he's doing)

We forget we're not seeing a whole 24 hours of Skye - just highlights ... from the sounds of things she's annoying people with this behaviour - someone DOES need to let her know it is NOT acceptable and they are not going to put up with it. Put yourself in their shoes - could you live with her 24/7 acting out the way she does when things aren't going her way?

How does that have absolutely anything to do with this discussion?

They probably will be but that doesn't mean I can't think Ryan was right and Skye was wrong in this instance.
because in a few days they will likely both be dust, and they will become about as relevant as jake and gemma. im pretty sure ryan knows this, and his doing his best to get his motor running, but its too late. he flew under the radar too long, and too few people give a shit about him to bother voting on his behalf.
maybe he thought arcing up at the two most popular housemates (trav and skye) would gain some traction?

its all moot anyway. hes hitting the eviction stage in a few days.

because in a few days they will likely both be dust, and they will become about as relevant as jake and gemma. im pretty sure ryan knows this, and his doing his best to get his motor running, but its too late. he flew under the radar too long, and too few people give a shit about him to bother voting on his behalf.
maybe he thought arcing up at the two most popular housemates (trav and skye) would gain some traction?

Dave will follow those 2 muppets soon as well if he isn't careful, that is back the wrong horse (i.e. anyone that isn't Skye) in an argument yet again.

Yeh thought Dave was into the whole Skye trip now. He is definitely flip flopping between the two groups (think he has some kind of loyalty still to his dumb partner, Sadsack). He may need to watch himself there. As for the S V R matchup, they both had points of view. What was amazing to me was the way Ryan got into her (bamboozled her at times) while his posse was there. and yet when he was in the room with Skye and her cohorts a bit later, he came across as quite understanding (although a little heavy on the poor me act- but who knows maybe he has had some knarly depression,we don't know about!?!). Also I loved to note that Jason was in the background in both the situations, on the stairs and in the room with Skye when she apologised (which did her a big favour.... she ain't dumb that's for sure). Old Jason was just hanging, listening and ready to report back to his queen PRIYA. Ooh its almost like a game of chess this year.

I'll be voting to save Ryan.

I posted this on another skye/ryan thread but it's exactly what I want to say here:

I think Ryan took Skye at face value at the beginning of this game (bimbo, dumb, shallow), and particularly after joining the 'older', 'more intelligent' group, feels he can't now redeem his initial impressions - which is why I was so impressed with Dave telling Skye he never gave her credit for how mature she was.
Ryan sees himself as superior to Skye (in intelligence, capability, "worthiness"), and feels frustrated that she is so popular with the public/other housemates and is a real threat to him. Now he's just throwing in the towel because he knows he has a real shot of going next week, and "isn't taking Skye's crap anymore", aka he is knowingly making himself more unpopular and more likely to go home, but would rather do this - he would rather take his frustration of Skye 'beating him' out on her than man up and admit he had her wrong.
He's trying to make her seem immature and dumb in the argument, when really, I think she's onto his game and she's so over it that she was willing to say "fuck off". That just gave him more fuel to get mad at her for but everything he said in that argument was an eye roll and everything she said indicated she was aware of his position. Go Skye

They're both to blame. Ryan kinda went after it a lot, when he shouldn't really (he did walk off at the end). But at least Ryan stood up against her (as he did with Travis). Some of these housemates need to be taught some lesson.

She's such a hypocritical snake, telling on Priya, and yet she nominates Priya for the same reason (telling on people).

Get Skye out already. She is no Ben'13. And, quite frankly, he was the more funnier version.

I agree with Skye re: the condescending thing. He is extreeeeemely condescending, and I can see how someone with her personality would see that as difficult to deal with. Their personalities are polar opposites, so they clash. He's the quieter/reserved judgmental one, she's the more talkative and open one. He's reflective, she's intuitive. He thinks a lot, she talks out her thoughts. It's no wonder they aren't best friends... yet. I think if they were to resolve their issues, they could actually be really close. They would both bring out the best in each other. Woah, did I just say they'd make a good couple?!

Having only watched the ep in question yesterday, an reading a good majority of the posts on this thread PRIOR to seeing the ep, I have come to the conclusion that, whether they care to admit it or not, Ryan and Skype are VERY much alike and that's probably where them being put-off eachother lies.

It would not surprise me at all if Skye in the real world was considered as and treated like a princess.. and Ryan, given his talked about upbringing, being treated like a Prince. I doubt either of them have really experienced conflict in their opinions, or experienced their lines of thought being questioned before now.. so no one to really butt heads with, so for the both of them, it's a new type of experience and neither of them like it.

A such, I see them as both sharing the blame. If ONE of them had a little humility and honestly wanted to REALLY listen to what the other has to say, then a positive friendship may be the end result. Both though are clearly too stubborn so I seriously doubt that will happen.

Skye bragging about outside world popularity and being cocky enough to think she has this game in the bag really grinds my gears. Also she questions Leo but then when he calls her out she throws Priya under the bus. Fuck this bitch I am done!!

I'm pissed off that Skye offered up a proper apology to Ryan(she shouldn't have in the first place) and got "sweet" in return. Very rude. Not even that into Skye but she made Ryan look immature there. Oh and the way she nailed Sandy, brilliant, nothing but truth.
Yeah, he couldn't even be grown up enough to say sorry. This guy has BIG problems. He seems to have a lot of anger/rage. The way he reacted to Travis shows that he is an immature, volatile git. He can dish the dirt but he can't take it. He is the biggest hypocrite. Skye is way more mature, in some regards, than Ryan.

Back