Skip to main content

Ryan appreciation thread

You're the one/s that are reading some sort of hidden insult on my part.

Again with this. Hahaha. It's comical nowadays.

It seems not many on this forum can read your posts in the way you intend. Of course, that's everyone else's fault as per usual.

Reactions: Bae
Speaking for myself (and I'm sure several other straight guys) I'd never embrace a same-sex acquaintance/friend with a silly lovestruck gaze on my face which is the expression Ryan has clearly plastered over his face in that pic.

Good idea. Probably just keep talking only for yourself.

ryanginns
10843970_930020537015604_42027226_n.jpg

For the first time in my life I'm actually tempted to buy the New Weekly. They're trying to take advantage of my thirst for Ry-Ry :p

travisjake_
10817920_1375903946039512_1500903878_n.jpg

twitter.com/MattBigBrother/status/541824529157222400
B4Tyf7jCcAA1mO_.jpg:large

Again with this. Hahaha. It's comical nowadays.

It seems not many on this forum can read your posts in the way you intend. Of course, that's everyone else's fault as per usual.

Well yeah, no shit Sherlock.

There are over 7 billion people living in this world and I think it's fair enough to arrive at the conclusion that not all will share the same view on everything.

But I guess it's inevitable that some people who have had a sheltered upbringing come to erroneously believe that their own version of the 'truth' is the correct one and everybody else who disagrees is a fool for not seeing things the way they do.

The same goes for right and left wing ideologues who strictly associate with like-minded individuals, and as a result are never challenged for holding the values they do. So when they are indeed confronted with people with completely different outlooks on life to them, they simply dismiss them as 'ignorant', bufoons etc...

Good idea. Probably just keep talking only for yourself.

If you think I'm a minority for holding the opinions that I do than you really must have led a more sheltered existence than I thought. It goes without saying for anyone with half a brain that I don't speak for every (straight) male on this planet but they're a helluva lot more common than the average poster on this board, that's for damn sure.

Last edited:
He doesn't even look lovestruck?
That's a matter of perception.
3207dc521c3c11e3b9a022000a1fa535_7.jpg

To me Ryan's facial expression looks like one you'd often see in a nauseating newbie couple.

You disagree, so what?

It was not meant as a subtle dig at him, it was just an innocent observation.

I don't see why anyone would take umbrage at something so trivial. *meh*

Well yeah, no shit Sherlock.

There are over 7 billion people living in this world and I think it's fair enough to arrive at the conclusion that not all will share the same view on everything.

But I guess it's inevitable that some people who have had a sheltered upbringing come to erroneously believe that their own version of the 'truth' is the correct one and everybody else who disagrees is a fool for not seeing things the way they do.

The same goes for right and left wing ideologues who strictly associate with like-minded individuals, and as a result are never challenged for holding the values they do. So when they are indeed confronted with people with completely different outlooks on life to them, they simply dismiss them as 'ignorant', bufoons etc...

If you think I'm a minority for holding the opinions that I do than you really must have led a more sheltered existence than I thought. It goes without saying for anyone with half a brain that I don't speak for every (straight) male on this planet but they're a helluva lot more common than the average poster on this board, that's for damn sure.
Redundant reply is redundant.

Read my post again and explain how you got the idea that I am in ANY way saying that we should share the same view on anything.

My point is that when someone does disagree with you, your standard response is words to the effect of: "you didn't understand my post in the first place."

I am glad we disagree on many things. I wouldn't have it any other way.

You just keep being you dude. :thumbsup:

Redundant reply is redundant.

Read my post again and explain how you got the idea that I am in ANY way saying that we should share the same view on anything.

My point is that when someone does disagree with you, your standard response is words to the effect of: "you didn't understand my post in the first place."

I am glad we disagree on many things. I wouldn't have it any other way.

You just keep being you dude. :thumbsup:

Have you looked yourself in the mirror lately? All your posts in this thread have been nothing more than redundant cowardly sniping trolls aimed squarely at me for innocuous comments I've made.

At least I have the conviction to air what I believe, you just go along with whatever the majority on this forum says to fit in, appear cool or whatever it is that you get out of it.

How anyone can take this picture serious is beyond me. It´s cleary meant to be a joke. And btw whatever Ryans sexual orientation is is only his business anyway. And you´re not gay just because you like to hug your friends.

You say this as if were fact. lol

I've showed the pic to several people who have no idea who Ryan is so they took it at face value and they all immediately fell for his silly dopey grin as someone who was crushing on the recipient of his hug.

Like I said I'm not a Ryan fan so had no clue what the context of the pic was. It's hilarious that so many in this thread are heavily invested in trying to paint anyone as silly for thinking the pose could come across as romantic.

Speculating whether someone is gay doesn't always have to have a negative connotation attached to it, it's okay really. I don't subscribe to the idea that being gay is a some sort of disease and something to be ashamed of hence when it never occurred to me that making such a suggestion would cause such a fuss over nothing. Others on the other hand may have some self-loathing internalised homophobia that they need to address.

The ball is on your court. Quit making snarky smart-arse comments and you weren't a pip from me again on the 'matter'.

Have you looked yourself in the mirror lately? All your posts in this thread have been nothing more than redundant cowardly sniping trolls aimed squarely at me for innocuous comments I've made.

At least I have the conviction to air what I believe, you just go along with whatever the majority on this forum says to fit in, appear cool or whatever it is that you get out of it.

Your first paragraph is partly correct. I don't usually post in this thread as I am not a Ryan fan. I unequivocably apologise to the Ryan fans for continuing this crap in here. This will be my last reply to this line of conversation.

Your second paragraph is wrong. I'm not going to justify myself to you. I do fine airing exactly what I believe and do not alter my opinion to fit in, at all, ever. In fact, the whole 'positive dude' moniker comes from the fact that I disagree with the opinions of many.

Keep being you dude. :thumbsup:

Sooooo, the two major supermarkets in town don't sell New Weekly. I'll have to check out the newsagency tomorrow or on Thursday.
#thirstworldproblems #firstworldproblems
#townsunder10000inpopulation
#countrylife
hahahah thirstworldproblems!!!!!!!!!!! loved it

@Bae
Set the trend and get it going world wide on twitter maybe even copyright it before it's too late! It's genius and I laughed hahaha!

I've showed the pic to several people who have no idea who Ryan is so they took it at face value and they all immediately fell for his silly dopey grin as someone who was crushing on the recipient of his hug.
We all know Ryan and his humor so what is the point in showing it to people who don´t even know him? Of course these people think its real that was the whole point of the picture imo. Ryan wanted them to look like a couple in love. Do you really not gonna get it?

Back