Skip to main content

Ryan appreciation thread

How blatantly ironic. You're telling us to not judge you, yet here you are judging men for hugging other men (i.e. calling them closeted, etc). Sheez, hypocritical much...?:shifty:

You are incredibly insecure and immature. You know nothing of friendship and culture (do you realize southern Europeans and Middle Eastern men greet each other with kisses?).

I'm also of Mediterranean descent. We frown and laugh at 'straight' men like you who go on full pussy-mode when they can't be platonically affectionate with other men.

Oh, relax, nobody is forcing to kiss your male friends. It's okay not too. Not everyone is affectionate. But please, close your mouth when you see two straight men hugging or cheek-kissing when greeting. :stop:

P.S. Hasn't Travis kissed men in the house (props to him btw)? The dude was very affectionate with the men (Jake, David, Dion). Ryan hasn't kissed a man in the house last time I checked. But of course, youse just love to pick on Ryan...
yet here you are judging men for hugging other men (i.e. calling them closeted, etc)

Err I was just teasing Ryan, einstein . Judging him in a negative connotation/light would be belittling him and saying he wasn't a real man, a pussy etc... for hugging a guy friend like he was his bf, none of which I did.

I've being called gay more times than I care to recall and I've never reacted as if I had being hurled an insult as apparently you seem to think it is.

In any event you'd think that suspecting someone of being gay is a disease by the way you're carrying on.

It's funny that you make excuses for that cow faced Katie for inferring being gay is a euphemism for effeminate (to be less of a man etc) but yet you fly off the handle at the mere innocent NON-BIGOTED suggestion that Ryan could be gay for embracing a guy friend in an overly romantic manner. You're a hypocritical nutter. lol

And that's all I innocently was doing, never did I once imply that being 'gay' was a bad thing in and of itself. That's your own self indulgent extrapolated interpretation of what I've wrote.

You are incredibly insecure and immature. You know nothing of friendship and culture (do you realize southern Europeans and Middle Eastern men greet each other with kisses?).

What the fuck does this have to do with anything? lol I don't give 2 shits how arabs and mediterraneans act in their own company, completely irrelevant to me as far as I'm concerned.

My point was that straight guys should not subtly be made to feel 'guilty' for not being comfortable in getting overly physically affectionate with member of the same sex, whether they're gay or not.

As if it hetero males need to go out of their way to prove how 'progressive/hip' they are by displaying physical affection with members of the same sex (straight or gay) that they'd normally only feel comfortable with women.

I don't even get why the hell you think that's any of your business anyway. Entitled much?

Get over yourself, strangers of any sexuality don't owe you shit. As long as they respect you and let you live how you so chose, it's none of your goddamn business how others choose to behave around others.

It's the height of arrogance and delusion that you think strangers should act according to what you deem to be acceptable and appropriate when it does not even directly involve you.

I don't judge you for not being physically attracted to females and and all I ask in return is for other to do same in kind (not be judged for not being attracted to males).

Last edited:
Err I was just teasing Ryan, einstein . Judging him in a negative connotation/light would be belittling him and saying he wasn't a real man, a pussy etc... for hugging a guy friend like he was his bf, none of which I did.

I've being called gay more times than I care to recall and I've never reacted as if I had being hurled an insult as apparently you seem to think it is.

In any event you'd think that suspecting someone of being gay is a disease by the way you're carrying on.

It's funny that you make excuses for that cow faced Katie for inferring being gay is a euphemism for effeminate (to be less of a man etc) but yet you fly off the handle at the mere innocent NON-BIGOTED suggestion that Ryan could be gay for embracing a guy friend in an overly romantic manner. You're a hypocritical nutter. lol

And that's all I innocently was doing, never did I once imply that being 'gay' was a bad thing in and of itself. That's your own self indulgent extrapolated interpretation of what I've wrote.

What the fuck does this have to do with anything? lol I don't give 2 shits how arabs and mediterraneans act in their own company, completely irrelevant to me as far as I'm concerned.

My point was that straight guys should not subtly be made to feel 'guilty' for not being comfortable in getting overly physically affectionate with member of the same sex, whether they're gay or not.

As if it hetero males need to go out of their way to prove how 'progressive/hip' they are by displaying physical affection with members of the same sex (straight or gay) that they'd normally only feel comfortable with women.

I don't even get why the hell you think that's any of your business anyway. Entitled much?

Get over yourself, strangers of any sexuality don't owe you shit. As long as they respect you and let you live how you so chose, it's none of your goddamn business how others choose to behave around others.

It's the height of arrogance and delusion that you think strangers should act according to what you deem to be acceptable and appropriate when it does not even directly involve you.

I don't judge you for not being physically attracted to females and and all I ask in return is for other to do same in kind (not be judged for not being attracted to males).
You brought the whole thing up in the first place. Either you were trolling or maybe you should follow your own advice and not judge others :thumbsup:

You brought the whole thing up in the first place. Either you were trolling or maybe you should follow your own advice and not judge others :thumbsup:

Like I said I was having a playful 'dig' at him, what's usually referred to in Australia as ribbing/teasing/taking the piss/paying out/etc... someone.

That's what this forum was set up for after all, to comment on housemates whilst in the house and what they're getting up to once outside of it

I apologies if you're not awareof that cultural custom and misconstrued it as denigrating homosexuality.

Like I said I was having a playful 'dig' at him, what's usually referred to in Australia as ribbing/teasing/taking the piss/paying out/etc... someone.

That's what this forum was set up for after all, to comment on housemates whilst in the house and what they're getting up to once outside of it

I apologies if you're not awareof that cultural custom and misconstrued it as denigrating homosexuality.
I'm Australian. It didn't come across that you were joking especially because you aren't exactly a fan of Ryan in the first place, so you should have made it clearer earlier that it was just a joke (e.g. adding some emoticons or something).

King Ry-Ry on the steps of his holiday home at Dreamworld for the last time. He has now sold his holiday home to Dreamworld for $200,000 and it is open to the public ;) :angelic:
ryanginns
10838561_388664234642480_1837698745_n.jpg

P.S. Hasn't Travis kissed men in the house (props to him btw)? The dude was very affectionate with the men (Jake, David, Dion). Ryan hasn't kissed a man in the house last time I checked. But of course, youse just love to pick on Ryan...
I definitely would have nominated him for that! dont like people up in my space unless I invite them, cause I wouldn't do it to someone else.

I'm Australian. It didn't come across that you were joking especially because you aren't exactly a fan of Ryan in the first place, so you should have made it clearer earlier that it was just a joke (e.g. adding some emoticons or something).
Well I sort of thought he might have been a (closeted) gay at the start since I was 'unaware' that it was supposedly a 'joke pose' with a straight friend.

But again I don't understand why me blurting out the possibility he could be 'gay' based on his romantic hug is in any shape or form 'homophobic' in nature.

How is my fairly innocuous post/off-hand comment any different to the countless of people who questioned his sexuality after a member posted a gif of Ryan running his fingers down Tom's ass?

Yes, it's true that I don't like Ryan but you shouldn't automatically assume that I'll try to peg/label him as gay as some form of trolling or abuse to get back at him. :rolleyes:

Well I sort of thought he might have been a (closeted) gay at the start since I was 'unaware' that it was supposedly a 'joke pose' with a straight friend.

But again I don't understand why me blurting out the possibility he could be 'gay' based on his romantic hug is in any shape or form 'homophobic' in nature.

How is my fairly innocuous post/off-hand comment any different to the countless of people who questioned his sexuality after a member posted a gif of Ryan running his fingers down Tom's ass?

Yes, it's true that I don't like Ryan but you shouldn't automatically assume that I'll try to peg/label him as gay as some form of trolling or abuse to get back at him. :rolleyes:

latest

No-one said you were homophobic just more-or-less a combination of silly, stupid and insecure.
You made several posts before you revealed you were joking, it wouldn't have been the first time someone has gone into a housemate's appreciation thread and trolled the fans in the thread.

No-one said you were homophobic just more-or-less a combination of silly, stupid and insecure.
You made several posts before you revealed you were joking, it wouldn't have been the first time someone has gone into a housemate's appreciation thread and trolled the fans in the thread.

Memo to self: suspecting someone of being gay is stupid, silly and insecure.

Then following that logic 90% of the forum is stupid, silly and insecure given that pretty much everybody on this forum were musing about that possibility after his fingers wandered all over Tom's ass.

You're an imbecile.

Memo to self: suspecting someone of being gay is stupid, silly and insecure.

Then following that logic 90% of the forum is stupid, silly and insecure given that pretty much everybody on this forum were musing about that possibility after his fingers wandered all over Tom's ass.

You're an imbecile.
In pretty much every case people were joking.
You did not make it clear you were joking especially considering your dislike for Ryan and once you said this post below, it gave the impression you were being quite persistent on the issue and that this had crossed your boundaries or made you uncomfortable.
I wasn't aware of the context, still I wouldn't be doing this even for a laugh. The only males I've genuinely hugged in this (almost romantic in Ryan's example) 'affectionate' manner are my brother, nephews and cousins. Would definitely not be trying this with a 'plutonic' non-blood related friend.
If I were in the closet, that's a 'tactic' that I would be employing to get some affection from straight dudes. Clever, I gotta give him that.
It's not even about 'sexuality', I don't know why anybody has to bring that into it tbh.
I've tried this line of logic with attractive female acquaintances and to date it's yet to work. lol
And I'm not even asking them to pretend to be lesbians or something.
People shouldn't be judge for not wanting to participate in something that makes them uncomfortable, that's just sexual harassment. I'm sorry but straight guys shouldn't be guilted into doing something they're not comfortable with for the sake of appearing progressive and whatnot, that's just straight up foolishness and blatantly taking advantage of someone.

Anyway it's in the past now, we now know you were joking, time to move on.

Ummm is it just me or has Ryan put on a tiny bit of weight?!

He is still babeeee though but looking at his arms/face in those photos he looks a bit fuller, must've been his mums cooking and all the yummy meals from out of the bb house!
He still looks great but I think he has put on 4/5kg lol and good for him but does anyone else see it?

Ummm is it just me or has Ryan put on a tiny bit of weight?!

He is still babeeee though but looking at his arms/face in those photos he looks a bit fuller, must've been his mums cooking and all the yummy meals from out of the bb house!
He still looks great but I think he has put on 4/5kg lol and good for him but does anyone else see it?
Yeah, I literally thought the same thing when I saw the shirtless pictures above. Still drool worthy though. :kiss:

Yeah, I literally thought the same thing when I saw the shirtless pictures above. Still drool worthy though. :kiss:
Lol!!! Glad I'm not alone in this, but yeah he looks healthier and happier but definitely not his bb body in that photo.
Surprisingly I think Travis managed to stay the same during bb and post bb to his open night intro.

Haha, I think he's lost a bit of muscle tone. Not working out everyday anymore. He bulked up in the house to become a pretty solid guy
(photos from Page 69. LOL)
10809670_642189355901784_1761492875_n.jpg

10616966_376431969189028_1110071662_n.jpg

Earlier in the competition:
tumblr_ndu70yO8xw1qmffbdo1_400.jpg

bcaea7f9beff40d69298209d79c3e7f2.ashx

2b4fba82134f40c8a7270cd2873099ed.ashx

1410222240160_wps_10_Big_Brother_2014_nFor_fur.jpg

First, nobody is telling you to fuck men. Do you lack comprehension skills or are you taking the piss? I said that it's okay for you to not allow men to touch you. But you have no rights to go and say that "hey, straight men shouldn't touch other, unless they're gay". It's none of YOUR business rather.

Second, you hypocrite, you shouldn't make straight men feel guilty for being affectionate with other men. Straight men have feelings too, you know. Accusing them of being gay is not on. Call me straight and I'll get mad, but that doesn't mean, for me, being straight is a "disease". Accusing people of what they are NOT is what gets me here...:shifty:

Anyway, reading your post shows how nasty and arrogant you are - Wtf does Katie have to do with anything? How am I making homosexuality be a bad thing? Grabbing stuff out of thin air here...sheez...pedantic much? :conf:

Last edited:
Ryan is probably bi sexual at least.

At least someone didn't start a thread about his sexuality like they did David' twice

First, nobody is telling you to fuck men. Do you lack comprehension skills or are you taking the piss? I said that it's okay for you to not allow men to touch you. But you have no rights to go and say that "hey, straight men shouldn't touch other, unless they're gay". It's none of YOUR business rather.

Second, you hypocrite, you shouldn't make straight men feel guilty for being affectionate with other men. Straight men have feelings too, you know. Accusing them of being gay is not on. Call me straight and I'll get mad, but that doesn't mean, for me, being straight is a "disease". Accusing people of what they are NOT is what gets me here...:shifty:

Anyway, reading your post shows how nasty and arrogant you are - Wtf does Katie have to do with anything? How am I making homosexuality be a bad thing? Grabbing stuff out of thin air here...sheez...pedantic much? :conf:

Sheesh so much wasted emotional energy over nothing. As I said before I didn't know Ryan was mucking around with a friend and would have absolutely speculated about him been in a relationship had he been hugging a female friend instead on that photo. It has nothing to do with trolling or subtle homophobia, just plain ol' curiosity. You're the one/s that are reading some sort of hidden insult on my part.

Joking or not who the hell cares whether someone speculates on an individual's sexuality based on a lovey dovey hug? It's beyond me how that has come to be equated with making a straight guy feel guilty. lol

Speaking for myself (and I'm sure several other straight guys) I'd never embrace a same-sex acquaintance/friend with a silly lovestruck gaze on my face which is the expression Ryan has clearly plastered over his face in that pic.

And not because I think it's 'wrong or anything, simply because I doubt I could manage it even for a piss take. That's why I mistakenly assumed Ryan could be 'into' that guy.

And again to reiterate there's nothing with that; Ryan's probably just a better actor than me. Should head to LA and try his luck in Hollywood I reckon, had me fooled. lol

Back