Skip to main content

RuPaul’s Drag Race DOWN UNDER

Well I went in expecting DISASTER but it was actually quite funny.

The preview for next week's episode, however... :poop:

Even though I already knew the result, I still found myself disappointed by the elimination. The wrong Queen left, in my opinion.

Despite that, I thought this was surprisingly a very strong first episode for Down Under. 👏

I was GOBSMACKED when I saw the 3rd judge #dead
Did the makeup really get lost in transit? 😂

Overall, my fave was Art Simone. That graffiti ru-veal!!!! 🎨

Overall, my fave was Art Simone. That graffiti ru-veal!!!! 🎨
Agreed! I’ve been hearing about this outfit for months so, to finally see it, I LIIIVED! I thought Art should have won the runway, tbh.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts come next week though....:oops:

Agreed! I’ve been hearing about this outfit for months so, to finally see it, I LIIIVED! I thought Art should have won the runway, tbh.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts come next week though....:oops:
Yeah Art was the winner in my books. I didn’t like Karen’s nude look, but LOVED her Melbourne Cup Runneth over!

Oh goshhhh I hope it’s not a train wreck Snatch Game. I’ll be watching it WITH ART next week at Piano Bar Shipped 🤞

Sooo was the makeup really lost in transit?
Does Rupaul usually wear drag at the final challenge?
I'm not overally familiar with this show, but had a lazy Sunday so watched it earlier. Was actually a good laugh!

I'm not overally familiar with this show, but had a lazy Sunday so watched it earlier. Was actually a good laugh!
Raven (ex-contestant and current makeup artist for Ru) couldn’t leave hotel quarantine in time for the first episode.

Glad you enjoyed!
I enjoyed the Mama Ru off to the side gag even if it was to try and cover up the fact Ru don’t do his own makeup 😂

Glad you enjoyed!
I enjoyed the Mama Ru off to the side gag even if it was to try and cover up the fact Ru don’t do his own makeup 😂
I found it pretty entertaining actually, I'll stick around.
I did see everyone frothing over this Snatch thing next week - can't work out if its a good thing or a bad thing?

I found it pretty entertaining actually, I'll stick around.
I did see everyone frothing over this Snatch thing next week - can't work out if its a good thing or a bad thing?
Snatch game is often the highlight, or at least one of the most anticipated challenges of the season.

To give you an idea of what you’re in for, here’s the latest from the US version:

Wowwwwwwwwwwww. Poor Art 😭

But her Bindi Irwin was indeed trash. I wonder what her other options were 😬

Was amazing to watch it with a crowd of people laughing and booing and getting as riled up as me.

Goes to show, Snatch Game really is make or break!

Wowwwwwwwwwwww. Poor Art 😭

But her Bindi Irwin was indeed trash. I wonder what her other options were 😬

Was amazing to watch it with a crowd of people laughing and booing and getting as riled up as me.

Goes to show, Snatch Game really is make or break!
Well, that. Or the producers just know how to make TV that gets people talking about their show. ;)
Her elimination is all part of a much bigger plot twist.

Art and Coco were the correct bottom 2, they were the only ones who didn't get any laughs. I thought Maxi would have been higher than bottom 3 though, because her look and impersonation was spot on, and her opening lines were quite funny. I was suprised how funny I found Lindy Chamberlain... I guess Ru is right, we are all going to Hell (if it existed :p ).

It was also the correct elimination, Coco was FAR better in the lip sync. I was also not impressed by Art's poor attitude so made me glad she was booted.

It was also the correct elimination, Coco was FAR better in the lip sync. I was also not impressed by Art's poor attitude so made me glad she was booted.
All I’m saying is, from what I’ve heard it was done on purpose. The producers knew there is no way Art can win a rap-based lip sync. They also hammed up the non-existant rivalry between Art and Karen because they’re arguably the two contestants the public consider most likely to get to the end, and thus preconceiving an early elimination of one of their “most popular” Queens.

Granted, I didn’t think Art did very well in Snatch Game either, but did you notice how they edited most of her answers out during the segment anyway?

All will make sense very soon...

Back