Skip to main content

RTV News/Gossip/Snark/scandals/secrets/stuff

Reviving this thread for we are about to be served a free station full of trashy sensational RTV , Vanderpump, Real American Housewives from somewhere, and more odd stuff.
9's new channels, starting tonight.

Hello @Daltrim, how are you?

So, anyone else like me seeing all this old trash for the first time - and loving most of it.

Guilty pleasure/trash is so perfect for bedtime viewing.

And hell, now I know who most of these tabloid/RTV/trashy semi celebs came from.
I had no idea Paris Hilton looks just like her trashy Aunts.

But - the USA home shows are utterly crap, shit taste, and just ick - prefer the UK ones, more peaceful to drift off to.
Except - teeny tiny houses is good, and International house hunting is great fun, and off the grid.

All the millionaire stuff is vile, with repulsive used car salesmen types x 1100, oh and the same goes for cosmetic surgeons inc.

What do you like?
I wonder if we might get USA BB on this station.

Except - teeny tiny houses is good, and International house hunting is great fun, and off the grid.
I like how they do choose a house in those shows, whether it be the international one or the local one. Escape to the Country more often than not, is left buyer free. I don't mind the flip show with Kortney and Dave but not the other show with that OCD man. He seems to be a nasty piece of work. Liking Vanderpump Rules and the Real Housewives in small doses. Be warned, repetition is rife on 94.

Reactions: kxk
Yeah but Escape to the Country is so peaceful and pleasant, and has a couple of real hotties presenting.
I like it best when they have big budgets, and have a segment about the area.

The flippers annoy me. OCD man I have only seen snippets. Vanderpump is utterly confusing, difficult to tell one from another staff member.
And why is it a sin to get preggers 4 years ago and deal with it?
Yep, repeated in a cycle, hopefully we will get more shows eventually.

Old trophy wives on their last legs are rather tragic, Camille/Taylor.

Ooo the matchmaker is good fun, forgot about her, she is good value.

Hello @Daltrim, how are you?
So, anyone else like me seeing all this old trash for the first time - and loving most of it.....
Except - teeny tiny houses is good,
Good thanks, kxk :) Hope all is going well with you?
Haven't checked out the new 9 channel yet, but have heard also that Teeny Tiny Houses is a good show, so will check it out.

I'm a Real Housewives addict. Atlanta, Orange County are the best. Beverly Hills was great, now it's lacking a little with the departure of Brandi. There's a new one Real Housewives of Potomac... just watched it. Has anyone else?

Married At First Sight’s Clare takes aim at the show in explosive Instagram rant.
Read more at http://www.mamamia.com.au/mafs-clare-instagram-post/#WWlXPQCflSa4Vv7Q.99

"........Clare also revealed in an interview with OK!, that she revealed Jono was ‘scouted’ to appear on the show. “He was scouted for the show. He didn’t actually apply, so his reasons for going on the show were probably a little different,” she told the magazine....''

^Another reality tv contestant who appears not to have actually auditioned.

Clubland

'Series 1, Episode 1'

ONE, 10:30pm, Thu, 25 Aug 2016, 30 minutes

NEW SHOW

For some individuals, it's a mission - to hit the clubs in search of excitement, glamour and the chance to get lucky; Brynne Gordon takes a look.

Brynne Gordon

Series, Australia, English, Real Life

I think this show may involve some ex BB HMs, Brynne = ex Mrs Edelstein I think.
This may be good trash:)

So some RTV news, The Block had to give up on The Gatwick Hotel, YEAH, and i predicted this would fail.
For that is a St Kilda institution and they would have had to fight to get into the lot each day for protestors, lobbyists, and a whole community.

So, now they have bought a vacant lot in lovely Elsternwick, a pretty leafy bayside inner city burb.
Does this mean they will have builders apply? I never watch this show and wish they would piss off to anywhere.

New Biggest Loser starts tonight, may do well for 7 & 9 have dirty RTV shows competing, and fans are turning
BL also looks more of an interesting fitness show finally and gross trainers are gone

So some RTV news, The Block had to give up on The Gatwick Hotel, YEAH, and i predicted this would fail.
For that is a St Kilda institution and they would have had to fight to get into the lot each day for protestors, lobbyists, and a whole community.

So, now they have bought a vacant lot in lovely Elsternwick, a pretty leafy bayside inner city burb.
Does this mean they will have builders apply? I never watch this show and wish they would piss off to anywhere.

New Biggest Loser starts tonight, may do well for 7 & 9 have dirty RTV shows competing, and fans are turning
BL also looks more of an interesting fitness show finally and gross trainers are gone
I was a bit concerned about them getting the Gatwick. It would be a logistics nightmare for a start with the issues you mention as well as the potential for ruining it. It does need a spruce up and that's an understatement, but not from them. When will this show run it's course? Never, by the looks of it.

Shit now the news says 9 has the Gatwick!?!??
Weird, it is crazy the way this news seesaws...........and it will get damn ugly on that site if it goes ahead, displaced homeless people and criminals and weirdos will quite likely make it dangerous, I know some of the past residents I worked with love that place - and wouldn't phase some notorious past residents blowing up 9 equipment

Shit now the news says 9 has the Gatwick!?!??
Article I read said that while Nine had been interested in it for a while they were reluctant to buy it unless the residents could be rehoused. But I doubt they have made any efforts to help in that regard. I hope I'm wrong.

It looks like it would make fabulous apartments though. Much more glamourous (ironically, given its history) than some of the hideous buildings they have used in recent years.

Could be good if 9 do this, it may just kill the Block - or at least make them piss off to another state.
And - Melbourne has a glut of apartments, so much so that banks are getting ready for a huge apartment value crash in Melbourne, and some other place - I think it may have been Queensland.
Council website says Gatwick is closing......

Council Statement - Port Phillip Council supports residents of The Gatwick Hotel
Published 6 March 2017

Attribute to Mayor Bernadene Voss

The City of Port Phillip is working with the Victorian Government and local agencies to support the residents of The Gatwick Hotel ahead of the impending closure of the facility.

The Gatwick Hotel’s closure will be a bitter-sweet moment for the City of Port Phillip as it has long been a refuge for some of our community’s most vulnerable people.

For over 40 years the Gatwick has helped prevent people from sleeping rough. However, reported anti-social behaviour associated with the hotel has increased concerns about the safety of all residents, including those who call the Gatwick home.

The closure of the Gatwick will result in a loss of up to 80 beds providing crisis accommodation on any given night. This requires an emergency response from the Victorian Government as even more people may end up sleeping rough on our streets if they have nowhere to go after the Gatwick closes.

We will do everything in our power, alongside the Department of Health and Human Services, to assist the people impacted by any closure of The Gatwick.

Under the City of Port Phillip’s Rooming House Closure Protocol, Council will work with responsible agencies to develop a plan to look after the interests of the residents of the Gatwick.

I would like to acknowledge the contribution of the owners’ twin sisters Yvette Kelly and Rose Banks to those in need for more than four decades.

We are a local government leader in providing and supporting affordable housing and we look forward to working with the Victorian Government to grow the supply of affordable housing in Port Phillip to help address this complex issue.

Oh crap, just saw on that council website they are trying to kill The Greyhound Hotel too, nooooooooo
Home of glittering drag and lavish performances

Oh crap, just saw on that council website they are trying to kill The Greyhound Hotel too, nooooooooo
Home of glittering drag and lavish performances
Can we blame this and the Gatwick on pressure from Trump? It's all bizarre world wide.

Back