Skip to main content

RTV News/Gossip/Snark/scandals/secrets/stuff

OMG! All of our ladies from Atlanta are returning next season!

Gawd dis gonna be good.

tumblr_n4dy5yeM8B1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...es-ALL-return-Real-Housewives-Of-Atlanta.html

That was granny being thrown around yeah???
I did watch last week too, this series is my first viewing not this week - but Walliams is sooooooo awesome.

Now he has made me want Ricky Gervaise as a judge on anything.

DW is so amazing at sending the whole genre up, his own job, Cowell, idiot contestants, stupid kind of vacuous pair of fellow judges in the middle - and just generally undermining Cowell and his entire world.
And he makes it so entertaining, and the audience is in cahoots with him - so Cowell can nothing but scowl.
haha yeah the granny! The way I read your post I thought you only started watching this week.

I love the relationship between David and Simon. Some of Simon's expressions are just hilarious, especially in the green room and extras footage. I was so excited when I heard David was joining BGT and he's never let me down. I especially love when David or Simon get serious and are speaking from their heart because an act has moved them.

Oh and these still remain a couple of my all time favourite auditions although I think it's hard to top Susan Boyle's of course. The first one was pre David though so you may not like it haha

OMG! All of our ladies from Atlanta are returning next season!

Gawd dis gonna be good.

tumblr_n4dy5yeM8B1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...es-ALL-return-Real-Housewives-Of-Atlanta.html

The Moose is still playing like she might not return. You know her ass will be back there, raise or not. The Glee's done, New Normal's been cancelled. What else is she going to do?!

"The Real Housewives of Atlanta’s NeNe Leakes is still letting rumors fly on whether she’ll return next season, but one thing’s for sure: If she returns, she wants a raise!

“All of us deserve a raise,” NeNe, who currently makes $1 million per season, tells Life & Style. “I haven’t asked for more money yet, but I damn sure plan to!”

A fan favorite, NeNe is the last remaining cast member left from the original season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta. But after all the fighting and possibly the most drama-filled season yet, NeNe is being very honest about her mixed feelings regarding her future on the Bravo reality hit.

“Everybody has been invited back, but I don’t know exactly what I’m doing,” NeNe, 46, tells Life and Style. “This past season was very dark and toxic; there was a lot of negativity. I just don’t want to work with so much negativity.”

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/post...-real-housewives-of-atlanta-next-season-38785

I have to watch some of those Housewives, melbourne is the first for me - there are so many to pick from, & I can't decide whether to watch from a 1st series through. I think I might give NY & LA a go, but southerners fascinate me, so maybe Atlanta???

Anyway, fess up who watched I Want to Marry Harry?
It is very funny.
One alcoholic, tan-a-holic - who I am sure they have instructed cannot be evicted for a bit or we will miss drunken brawls.
A lot of dimwits you could fake anything and get away with it.
And a handful of smart girls, he better get rid of them fast:)

It is funny even without the Harry ruse, poor guy is overwhelmed by very loud and pushy predators.

The Moose is still playing like she might not return. You know her ass will be back there, raise or not. The Glee's done, New Normal's been cancelled. What else is she going to do?!

"The Real Housewives of Atlanta’s NeNe Leakes is still letting rumors fly on whether she’ll return next season, but one thing’s for sure: If she returns, she wants a raise!

“All of us deserve a raise,” NeNe, who currently makes $1 million per season, tells Life & Style. “I haven’t asked for more money yet, but I damn sure plan to!”

A fan favorite, NeNe is the last remaining cast member left from the original season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta. But after all the fighting and possibly the most drama-filled season yet, NeNe is being very honest about her mixed feelings regarding her future on the Bravo reality hit.

“Everybody has been invited back, but I don’t know exactly what I’m doing,” NeNe, 46, tells Life and Style. “This past season was very dark and toxic; there was a lot of negativity. I just don’t want to work with so much negativity.”

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/post...-real-housewives-of-atlanta-next-season-38785
Ha! You ain't fooling anyone Linnethia! She'll be back no doubt probably with a nice pay rise but can't begrudge a girl for making sure she gets her worth.

Anyone else been getting weird Endemol emails?

They seem to be plotting a new RTV show about big multi cultural families, and something else about young dudes.

Nine has bought a the building they will be using for the 2015 season of the block. To me it looks like a very ugly 70's style building! It will be interesting to see how they make it look more modern.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/enterta...as-bought-big-in/story-fni0b7je-1226947716734
These flippin journos! We figured this out during Fans vs Faves as @Kaz and I were discussing it at the time, trying to figure out how many teams they were going to have based on the # of floors, etc. Two months later news.com.au is on the case. One of these days we need to figure out how to monetise our sleuthing skills on here because this is becoming a farce.

These flippin journos! We figured this out during Fans vs Faves as @Kaz and I were discussing it at the time, trying to figure out how many teams they were going to have based on the # of floors, etc. Two months later news.com.au is on the case. One of these days we need to figure out how to monetise our sleuthing skills on here because this is becoming a farce.
To be fair though if you guys figured it out by how many floors there is in the High St, Prahran building, I'm sure a journo can also count. Now getting peoples names right... Well that's another story LOL. ;)

To be fair though if you guys figured it out by how many floors there is in the High St, Prahran building, I'm sure a journo can also count. Now getting peoples names right... Well that's another story LOL. ;)
Haha I laughed at how they somehow decided the # of teams based on the pic. Three floors = 5 teams...seems about right! lol

I am back for awhile.

ZOMG: Maybe news.com.au hacked our PM's etc. (remember it's the Murdoch press)

Awesome RTV news.....what is coming to the ABC...some focus on RTV, like Media Watch sort of for RTV.
And - since I believe we are the biggest Aussie RTV forum, BBB may get some eyes looking this way so beware:)

From Realityravings.com

Reality Check – Finally A Show That Analyses And Talks About Reality TV
by Reality Raver

Considering that reality TV is just as popular as sport on
television it is great that finally that there is now going to be a
panel show that will focus on discussing this genre. Reality Check
has been commissioned by the ABC and it will be a similar format to
the Gruen Transfer which is a popular program looking at the
advertising industry. Reality Check will be hosted by Tom Ballard
and will be screening on the ABC later this year. Full details
below: Lifting the lid on the juggernaut that is ‘Reality TV’ to
give viewers a look inside is Reality Check, ABC’s new 8 x 30
minute studio entertainment series. We may froth about Game Of
Thrones and True Detectives, but for all the social media noise,
those shows are not what the public is really watching. No. They’re
glued to ordinary people competing for TV prizes, for the promise
of love, fame, riches, a new career, a different life… Hosted by
comedian Tom Ballard and co-produced by CJZ and ABC TV, Reality
Check will explore the reality of ‘Reality TV’. Joining Tom each
week will be three industry experts who will give viewers an
insider take on the world’s most-watched TV genre. From producers
to ex-contestants and judges, the panellists will give us their war
stories and reveal what happens behind the camera. “I couldn’t be
happier that CJZ and the ABC TV accidentally came across my
audition tape for Australia’s Next Top Model and decided to give me
this job,” said host Tom Ballard. “I’m looking forward to
celebrating and laughing at the inner workings of this cultural
phenomenon. I’m also excited to be able to finally count
live-tweeting The Voice: Kids as ‘work’ and to claim all my Justice
Crew merch on tax.” “Reality is TV’s 800 pound gorilla,” says ABC
Head of Entertainment Jon Casimir. “It’s the most successful
cultural force of the last decade. It’s the ABC’s job to examine
the world we live in. We hope Reality Check will give ‘Reality TV’
its due, acknowledging its drawing power and asking why it works
and what that says about us.” “Reality is dramatic, funny,
poignant, and in many ways, reflects our community more accurately
than any other genre. This series examines how it works and asks
the question: if Stephen Spielberg is a genius for making audiences
cry, why shouldn’t reality producers be lauded for doing the same
thing?” says Nick Murray, Managing Director CJZ.

Luxury Bayview mansion Kookaburra, where French Big Brother filmed, for sale for about $6 million

It’s been home to all the drama, chaos and tears of a French version of Big Brother in recent months and now you can own your own slice of reality TV for about $6 million.

Kookaburra, the luxury seven-bedroom property in Bayview, has been the Australian base for a season of Les Anges de la Tele Realite, a French series that follows young people trying to make a name for themselves while raising money for charity.

693083-bb5c8f82-0bb7-11e4-a815-d3c95abb9aab.jpg

Full article @

http://www.news.com.au/finance/real...-about-6-million/story-fnd91nhy-1226989692809

Reactions: kxk
This is a fun read, about Cowell trying to get real DJs onboard for his new concept - result = contempt, and funny stuff:)

A taste of his own medicine: Acid-tongued X Factor judge Simon Cowell gets a harsh rejection from Fatboy Slim over new DJ talent show
Thanks to the hugely successful empire he's built over the years, it's probably not often that Simon Cowell's business ideas get rebuffed.

But the man behind such ratings juggernauts as The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent hit one such stumbling block when he approached Fatboy Slim about his new talent show.

Simon has been developing the upcoming US show Ultimate DJ, which will seek out the top aspiring track-spinners - and when he approached Fatboy Slim with his idea, he was told in no uncertain terms that he was far from interested.

'Simon Cowell was talking about doing a show and everyone in the business, he kind of started approaching us, and we were like, "F**k off. No - that's a terrible idea!!"' Fatboy Slim, real name Norman Cook, told Digital Spy.

'That's the good thing about dance music; it grows organically through drunk people late at night coming up with stupid ideas.

'It's not something that can be scripted or transported into a TV studio."

The Eat Sleep Rave Repeat hitmaker, 51, continued: 'I get offered loads of TV shows and they're like, "Can you perform for five minutes?"

'But DJ-ing takes two hours and an audience. It's not like you can go out there and sing your latest song. Because of that, it will always remain slightly outside the mainstream.

'At the end of the day, it's about taking a big bunch of high people and trying to get them higher, which you can't do on TV.'

A release date for the upcoming show has yet to be announced.

(Could a DJ comp work on TV, will be interesting to see how this progresses - or not. Maybe he will just go for shit celeb pretend DJs like Paris.
Fun, Cowell locked out of the most lucrative part of the current music industry, and no way in, tee hee.)

Last edited:
That is the life I want, blogger...

On TV right now, 6.30pm Sunday, India's SYTYCD, called India's Dance Superstar, with teeny kids in it and all - yeah, any insight into bollywood has to be awesome.

Brynne is back
Airdate: Brynne: My Bedazzled Diary
Brynne is back with a new season of her observational series on Seven, this time calledBrynne: My Bedazzled Diary.

This will air at 11pm Monday August 4th with an M rating
Amazing Race: Aus v NZ will now be 9 – 11pm

Bachelor No 2, tonight/now, 7.30pm tues, 10.

Will they get as pissed 1st episode as last time? 1st episode last series was a hoot, but that was all i watched.

This guy seems sweet, nice voice, his gran & mum seem to be pretty aweseome & sweet.

Luxury Bayview mansion Kookaburra, where French Big Brother filmed, for sale for about $6 million

It’s been home to all the drama, chaos and tears of a French version of Big Brother in recent months and now you can own your own slice of reality TV for about $6 million.

Kookaburra, the luxury seven-bedroom property in Bayview, has been the Australian base for a season of Les Anges de la Tele Realite, a French series that follows young people trying to make a name for themselves while raising money for charity.

693083-bb5c8f82-0bb7-11e4-a815-d3c95abb9aab.jpg

Full article @

http://www.news.com.au/finance/real...-about-6-million/story-fnd91nhy-1226989692809

Whomever fact checked this article needs to be shot... France has had two localized versions of BB... Loft Story and Secret Story are both officially licensed BB formats and neither of them have filmed in Australia...

Aha.....

Real Housewives of Melbourne Screens in USA -

'Just watched #RHOMelbourne & it was fascinating. The women look like it's the 80's & one might actually be a man,' commented Ilana Angel.

Meanwhile, back home it's rumoured that Andrea Moss won't return to The Real Housewives Of Melbourne for season two.

'She's not going to be back for the next series,' media commentator Peter Ford said on 2Day FM's Breakfast With The Stars on Monday.

'They may film a scene with her in which she will explain why she doesn't want to come back to it.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...Australian-version-airs-US.html#ixzz39P4OsxE9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So - now it become understandable why you would do this to yourself, money, money, money...

They all have something to flog, books, booze, catering, building and plastic - USA market here we come.
RHOM could become a money spinner in itself.

Back