Skip to main content

RANT!

When you have the q but no u in scrabble.
I used to visit my Mum in her aged care home twice a week for the afternoons & we'd play scrabble.. In her last year she finally achieved a bucket list tick.. She'd been playing scrabble for 80 years and in this last year of her life she finally got 7 letters out in one go 🥰 - then a month later she managed to do it again... It was really nice to see how happy she was at achieving that goal 😍

Q wasn't in the word 🤣 - Fuchsia was the first one she got, I remember that cause we took a photo 😊 can't remember what the other one was ...

Fuchsia was the first one she got
🤔 Was it the first turn of the game? Or did she append it to an existing S to make FUSCHIAS?

I used to almost always beat my mum at Scrabble. In hindsight maybe I should have been a little less competitive.

My rant: Rainfall shower heads. I hate them. Don't want to get your hair wet? Cue holding your head out at awkward angles. Want to wash your hair? Can't avoid getting suds in your eyes without holding your head out at awkward angles. Ugh. No thanks. Might buy some PVC pipe and rig up an angled shower head at my apartment. Pretty sure I can do something that will be self supporting in this rental.

My rant: Rainfall shower heads. I hate them. Don't want to get your hair wet? Cue holding your head out at awkward angles. Want to wash your hair? Can't avoid getting suds in your eyes without holding your head out at awkward angles. Ugh. No thanks. Might buy some PVC pipe and rig up an angled shower head at my apartment. Pretty sure I can do something that will be self supporting in this rental.
Totally agree! Worst thing ever invented (well almost). All of what you said is true AND they waste SO much water. IF you must install one make sure there is also a hand shower which can slide on a rail to suit all preferred heights. Could you do that to yours timmy?

Totally agree! Worst thing ever invented (well almost). All of what you said is true AND they waste SO much water. IF you must install one make sure there is also a hand shower which can slide on a rail to suit all preferred heights. Could you do that to yours timmy?
Actually there is a hand shower as well, but it's in a fixed holder, so you can't adjust the angle or anything. Definitely need to put my DIY hat on for this project.

Bad showers are the worst.

Or, as I call them, other people's showers.

Other than your own, anyone else's seems to be too hot or too cold or too hard or too soft, or the showerhead just doesn't spray in the right direction.

It's VERY important :p
You can adjust most of them though, but then the OPs would get pissed off if you didn't put them back the way they like them. Like my kids when they use my car and adjust seats, mirrors and radio stations and NEVER put them back the way I had them! Totally pisses me off!

Ok today's rant is back-to-front selfies.

Exhibit A (spotted on Twitter):

1662953141770.png

Look, I have absolutely NFI why some (all?) Android phones have this turned on by default. It really detracts from the photo when text on signs, t-shirts, whatever is backwards. But never fear, there is a very simple fix:

Go into your camera and switch to the front facing (selfie) camera. Then hit Settings, (and then possibly Settings again) and look for "Mirror Front Camera" or something like that, and turn it OFF.

You'll still see yourself as a mirror image when taking selfies, but the photos you take will be the right way around.

You're welcome. Thanks for attending my TED talk.

As for your shower problems, what you need is a shower buddy :biggrin: he can hold a hand held shower head for you whilst you moisten your bits :roflmao:

My phone rant for years is that people always hold their phone(s) vertical when taking videos and you get this horrid portrait video which only takes up the middle third of the TV or monitor.. Verses landscape if they just tilt the phone horizontally. I also think the stupid phone manufacturers such as iPhone, Samsung etc should make video capture as landscape being the default as people are stupid and always hold their phones vertically when taking video... :mad::cool:

My phone rant for years is that people always hold their phone(s) vertical when taking videos and you get this horrid portrait video which only takes up the middle third of the TV or monitor.. Verses landscape if they just tilt the phone horizontally.
Oh I'm so with you on this. I think the problem is TikTok has made portrait video the standard, so the last few years it's really got out of control. I swear one day I'm gonna buy TikTok and force everyone to turn their phones sideways, because I'll make sure it will no longer accept portrait videos any more. And I'll get rid of those stupid doggy ears/nose and all those other crap overlays too. 6am and I'm already grumpy. Morning!

Oh I'm so with you on this. I think the problem is TikTok has made portrait video the standard, so the last few years it's really got out of control. I swear one day I'm gonna buy TikTok and force everyone to turn their phones sideways, because I'll make sure it will no longer accept portrait videos any more. And I'll get rid of those stupid doggy ears/nose and all those other crap overlays too. 6am and I'm already grumpy. Morning!
YASSSS... 😍 I'm with you 110% on TikTok & similar platforms, I'll join you & we can do a joint venture, buy up FB, youtube etc and force everyone to turn their phone sideways hahaha.. (Just have to make a few more share trades to beef up my capital... :roflmao:)

& those dog ears etc 🤮I hate, HATE HATE them... I have a 45 year old male friend who actually buys those stupid things online and posts pics of himself...
Anyway its Friday and you cant be grumpy today cause its always a fun night out in SR on a Friday night.. You going out anywhere? Or staying in this evening?

Haha I’m guilty of taking portrait video. But most of my videos are just for my memories and are only going to be rewatched back on my iPhone.
BAHAHA that was great.

Anyway its Friday and you cant be grumpy today cause its always a fun night out in SR on a Friday night.. You going out anywhere? Or staying in this evening?
I'm not really a bar kinda guy, although I do go out occasionally. Just started packing to move to a house. An actual house with a fence and a yard. So that's something to look forward to.

BAHAHA that was great.

I'm not really a bar kinda guy, although I do go out occasionally. Just started packing to move to a house. An actual house with a fence and a yard. So that's something to look forward to.
Yeah I suppose when you live there, its a bit different... The only times I ever go to bars is if I go to Thailand or Cambodia..

House sounds great... Nothing better than having a yard, I enjoy sitting outside at least once per day, having a cup of tea and watching whatever ... & a house has walls that are not shared by people 30cm from you :biggrin:

Back