Skip to main content

RANT!

Wow, @Spock, that was really off....

Oh, you were only joking. Never mind.

tumblr_mxlvwvdTMu1qf228po5_250.gif

no one expects you to understand

sleep well
I am highly disappointed in you Rodney Dangerfield....

Shinigami was waiting for you to answer:

'yes Shini, even my acting coach tells me I can't keep up my act!' boom boom!

I guess now that I am on the top of your 'Eiffel Tower' of shit lists; tonight Shini shall sleep with the fishes...:p

I was pretty sure that by starting my post with, "Begin Vulan Rant:vulcan:", that everyone reading it would take my post as a joke.

I'm not sure why you decided to take it seriously...
Sorry, my mistake. I have never been great at translating invented personas as opposed to those who chose to share honest personalities. Given that the majority of your posts are persona driven I don't really know when you are serious and when you are joking.

I personally hate fake serious. Life is complicated enough without pretending to be a cunt just for your own entertainment. When I am perceived as a cunt in here, you know there is no pretence, its because I really am an over opinionated pain in the arse, desperate to inflict my unwanted view on anyone who will listen. Nothing fake about it, I do the same in real life. I watched how that fake serious "act" played out for you a few days ago with Lucas, and while it may not be your intention to upset people with your pretend fake serious sniping, you clearly upset him with it.

I just read your post again trying to locate the humour. Considering I have never watched an episode, I can only assume it's a Star Trek thing. I think it is safe to say we find very different things funny.

Once again, my mistake. Sorry I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Yep Jay Jay, I saw your reply as a humorous dig at me!
I smiled! lol it was exactly the reaction I was expecting. :)

I just got a vibe that Trala took my post seriously.
I got worried thinking "did I not make my jokingness clear enough?"
lol I reread my original post several times over to make sure I wasn't going mad.
(I hope nobody else noticed I accidentally ommitted a word and one of the sentences doesn't make sense! :facepalm:)

I guess my humour isn't everyones cup of tea!

I did notice the little word missing in your second sentence,but I think you got away with it!
But hey! Bet you can think of other four letter words now..lol
Me thinks your humour is 'Out of this world' teehee!

Sorry, my mistake. I have never been great at translating invented personas as opposed to those who chose to share honest personalities. Given that the majority of your posts are persona driven I don't really know when you are serious and when you are joking.

I personally hate fake serious. Life is complicated enough without pretending to be a cunt just for your own entertainment. When I am perceived as a cunt in here, you know there is no pretence, its because I really am an over opinionated pain in the arse, desperate to inflict my unwanted view on anyone who will listen. Nothing fake about it, I do the same in real life. I watched how that fake serious "act" played out for you a few days ago with Lucas, and while it may not be your intention to upset people with your pretend fake serious sniping, you clearly upset him with it.

I just read your post again trying to locate the humour. Considering I have never watched an episode, I can only assume it's a Star Trek thing. I think it is safe to say we find very different things funny.

Once again, my mistake. Sorry I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Context is everything.

Context is everything.
I completely missed it.

I was reading an interesting debate on religion, then I got to Spock. I incorrectly assumed his comment was in correlation to the 27 posts that went before it.

100% my mistake.

Pardon my wading in. It's an interesting point. Context can be relevant to content or persona. Neither is right or wrong in my humble opinion. It's a personal choice as to how one may present oneself, what one chooses to say, and how. I personally enjoy the mix of lightness to serious debate with everything in between. I believe the entire spectrum brings value to the forum, based on what interests me of course. Back to you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pardon my wading in. It's an interesting point. Context can be relevant to content or persona. Neither is right or wrong in my humble opinion. It's a personal choice as to how one may present oneself, what one chooses to say, and how. I personally enjoy the mix of lightness to serious debate with everything in between. I believe the entire spectrum brings value to the forum, based on what interests me of course. Back to you. :)
Yeah, being facetious and posters taking my tongue-in-cheek comments (which I thought was obvious) at face value has landed me in a lot of hot water over the years. :whistling: :biggrin:

Yeah, being facetious and posters taking my tongue-in-cheek comments (which I thought was obvious) at face value has landed me in a lot of hot water over the years. :whistling: :biggrin:

I was a lurker here for a long time before I signed up.
I always read your posts as tongue-in-cheek.
But I did notice ALOT of people take them the wrong way.

If it's any consolation, you've been entertaining me for years without ever knowing it!

Yes, I can see and understand that. It does to some extent rely on having some knowledge and understanding of the poster I suppose. Predictability (v's unpredictably) as well as rapore also being matters that influence response perhaps.

I'm not always right but I will always have an opinion.

This opinion is formed from my years in a particular field and my general readings. I was always told when growing up that you should attack the ball not the person both in sport and life.

There's a few on this forum that I would love to see on Q&A not because they agree and not because they disagree but because the attack the ball- the issue - the argument.

Shout out to Those that can have a discussion, for those that can discuss past their own pretences are the real future of this country.

Attack the ball people not the person

Peace x

When discussing Islam you will notice two things, you will get shouted down and you will be called a racist.

When and when?

The problem is the lefts ability to comprehend and reply in a discussion.

lmao what. the problem with you is that you are faced with irrefutable evidence against your argument, so you disregard your argument.

gr8 m8 I r8 8/8

So if it is lawful then why are they extorting money from companies to become Halal certified

Many times not even actually ever going to the factory floor as long as they get paid enough

The term Bismillah has been a practice for many Muslims to state over food that they are unsure of it's cooking methods. This then makes the meal halal

So I take it with your reply you support this unnecessary religious tax, good for you buddy

But I dont

I have no fucking idea what your argument is here. Somehow the existence of halal food inconveniences you?

Reactions: Tee
Back