Skip to main content

RANT!

I have been following this thread with interest and have been astonished by some of the comments!
Every religion carries it's own ideology and that is okay...and every religion carries a set of practices,
beliefs,traditions and ideals...and that is okay too!
History tells us that massive horrors have been perpetrated in the name of religion,race and creed,
with the intent to eradicate minority factions by murder and genocide...
As religions evolve,it is with the hope that people,their views and mentality,become more tolerant of others,
so violence anger and hatred diminishes within every given society...
Unfortunately,there are factions in existence who's religious beliefs do not evolve and their ideology
stagnates in an 'Old School' mentality...stuck in rigid beliefs,advocating death...more death...and then some more death....
Governments perhaps, involve themselves in way too many non domestic conflicts,where it benefits no one in the long run...
Innocent men,women and children pay a high price, for what we are meant to believe,is in the interest of peace
and democracy...and not for profit,regarding oil and other material resources!!!
Monday's incident in Sydney,was in my opinion,part of that bigger picture,where innocent people are used as human shields to get the attention of governments,with a perceived belief,that there is unwarranted interference
in particular issues in Middle Easten conflicts....be it right or wrong!
The person responsible for the horrific incident in Sydney, may have been a mentally deranged Lunatic,as some have suggested...acting alone,with no real motive or goal,other than attention seeking!
But unfortunately,he is one of many like him,who has no value for human life,regardless of their religious backgrounds! I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have cared to ask any of his hostages what their religious belief systems were!
This person was seeking the attention of world governments,which is exactly what he got!
Unfortunately,he is now being dismissed as being a ' Lone Wolf ' which doesn't alter the fact,that many like him
have the desire to inflict terror and death on innocent people,for reasons or agendas that normal thinking
people can never understand...

I have been following this thread with interest and have been astonished by some of the comments!
Every religion carries it's own ideology and that is okay...and every religion carries a set of practices,
beliefs,traditions and ideals...and that is okay too!
History tells us that massive horrors have been perpetrated in the name of religion,race and creed,
with the intent to eradicate minority factions by murder and genocide...
As religions evolve,it is with the hope that people,their views and mentality,become more tolerant of others,
so violence anger and hatred diminishes within every given society...
Unfortunately,there are factions in existence who's religious beliefs do not evolve and their ideology
stagnates in an 'Old School' mentality...stuck in rigid beliefs,advocating death...more death...and then some more death....
Governments perhaps, involve themselves in way too many non domestic conflicts,where it benefits no one in the long run...
Innocent men,women and children pay a high price, for what we are meant to believe,is in the interest of peace
and democracy...and not for profit,regarding oil and other material resources!!!
Monday's incident in Sydney,was in my opinion,part of that bigger picture,where innocent people are used as human shields to get the attention of governments,with a perceived belief,that there is unwarranted interference
in particular issues in Middle Easten conflicts....be it right or wrong!
The person responsible for the horrific incident in Sydney, may have been a mentally deranged Lunatic,as some have suggested...acting alone,with no real motive or goal,other than attention seeking!
But unfortunately,he is one of many like him,who has no value for human life,regardless of their religious backgrounds! I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have cared to ask any of his hostages what their religious belief systems were!
This person was seeking the attention of world governments,which is exactly what he got!
Unfortunately,he is now being dismissed as being a ' Lone Wolf ' which doesn't alter the fact,that many like him
have the desire to inflict terror and death on innocent people,for reasons or agendas that normal thinking
people can never understand...

The thing is that he was mad. He would have been mad if he was a Rastafarian. His religious beliefs, which were completely his own, had nothing to do with his madness or his actions. He was a violent criminal.

I am not an apologist for religion. I cannot understand anyone's belief in a god any more than I can understand a belief in the tooth fairy. That is possibly a failing. I have no faith in a god. I do have faith in goodness and kindness, though; and from my experience in the world, those sentiments have very little to do with religion. Some humans are abhorrent. We should try not to be thoughtless, violent creatures. We should all try to be kinder to each other.

They're not 'rules' they're apparently 'guidelines', too.

You know why the bible reads like a story? Because it's a fiction book. It's been changed over years and years and years and it's a story. It still has questionable actions in it.

I don't believe in religion but I do find it pretty multifaceted and interesting, both are probably story books... But I deeply respect that people believe in religion. Each to their own.

And yes, I've read bits of both. And no, I have no intention of reading either in full. I work very closely with many Saudis and my Dad lives in Riyadh.. Has done for part of each year since he was late teens/early 20s for his job. I grew up in a very Catholic country and went to a very Catholic school where we had to pray before each damn lesson... So I've had my share of religiousness. Growing up terrorism/foreigner kidnapping/torture/ransom was a fairly common thing due to the Abusayyaf extremist group in the Mindanao province in the Philippines.

I thought it would make me immune but it felt pretty raw knowing this happened in our 'safe' country. I'm still not going to say 'all terrorists are Muslim' though. It's extremely close minded and it's sad that people feel this way. You miss out on a lot of amazing things that other cultures have to offer.
You work close with Saudis, I don't know the relevance it has from your point of the argument

The same people that will have you arrested for sitting next to an un- married woman, showing off too much skin or enjoying a drink outside of your hotel?

Sound very tolerant

#illridewithyou should apply to those that want to share a cab with their girlfriend without fear of prosecution under the guise of Islamic law

The thing is that he was mad. He would have been mad if he was a Rastafarian. His religious beliefs, which were completely his own, had nothing to do with his madness or his actions. He was a violent criminal.

I am not an apologist for religion. I cannot understand anyone's belief in a god any more than I can understand a belief in the tooth fairy. That is possibly a failing. I have no faith in a god. I do have faith in goodness and kindness, though; and from my experience in the world, those sentiments have very little to do with religion. Some humans are abhorrent. We should try not to be thoughtless, violent creatures. We should all try to be kinder to each other.

If he was a Rastafarian,he would be lolling back smoking a joint...and sharing it around...lol
Noooo worries...
Your philosophy is very understandable and not unlike my own! There is no failing in your beliefs!
I agree,that this guy may have been mad and was definitely bad,but extremism does exist in many shapes and forms,regardless of having a belief in God..
I wasn't advocating that this guy was using religion to commit his violent crime,in fact quite the opposite,if you
read my post....
I appreciate your response!

Likewise Halal food. Centuries prior Muslims are food prepared by Catholics etc with no issue. Halal is a made up modern day tax that serves no purpose

omfg, you really have no idea, do you?

From the "koran" that you "read".

1. O Mankind ! Eat the lawful (Halal) and good things from what is in the earth, and follow not the footsteps of the devil. Surely he is an open enemy to you. (2: 168)

2. O believers ! Eat of the good things that We have provided you with and give thanks to Allah. (2: 172)

3. He has forbidden you what dies of itself (carrion), and blood, and the flesh of swine and that over which any name other than (that of) Allah has been invoked. (2: 173)

4. And eat of the lawful (Halaal) and good things that Allah has given you and keep your duty to Allah. (5: 88)

5. O believers ! Intoxicants, and game of chance, and idolatrous practices and divining (of the future through) arrows are abominations devised by the Satan. Shun it then !, so that you may prosper. (5: 90)

In Surah 5:5 of the Qurʼan,

The food of the People of the Book [Jews and Christians] is lawful for you as your food is lawful for them.

However, the practice by which most Christians prepare their food has CHANGED, hence why Muslims follow a strict Halal diet.

omfg, you really have no idea, do you?

From the "koran" that you "read".

1. O Mankind ! Eat the lawful (Halal) and good things from what is in the earth, and follow not the footsteps of the devil. Surely he is an open enemy to you. (2: 168)

2. O believers ! Eat of the good things that We have provided you with and give thanks to Allah. (2: 172)

3. He has forbidden you what dies of itself (carrion), and blood, and the flesh of swine and that over which any name other than (that of) Allah has been invoked. (2: 173)

4. And eat of the lawful (Halaal) and good things that Allah has given you and keep your duty to Allah. (5: 88)

5. O believers ! Intoxicants, and game of chance, and idolatrous practices and divining (of the future through) arrows are abominations devised by the Satan. Shun it then !, so that you may prosper. (5: 90)

In Surah 5:5 of the Qurʼan,

The food of the People of the Book [Jews and Christians] is lawful for you as your food is lawful for them.

However, the practice by which most Christians prepare their food has CHANGED, hence why Muslims follow a strict Halal diet.
When discussing Islam you will notice two things, you will get shouted down and you will be called a racist.

The problem is the lefts ability to comprehend and reply in a discussion.

So if it is lawful then why are they extorting money from companies to become Halal certified

Many times not even actually ever going to the factory floor as long as they get paid enough

The term Bismillah has been a practice for many Muslims to state over food that they are unsure of it's cooking methods. This then makes the meal halal

So I take it with your reply you support this unnecessary religious tax, good for you buddy

But I dont

You work close with Saudis, I don't know the relevance it has from your point of the argument

The same people that will have you arrested for sitting next to an un- married woman, showing off too much skin or enjoying a drink outside of your hotel?

Sound very tolerant

#illridewithyou should apply to those that want to share a cab with their girlfriend without fear of prosecution under the guise of Islamic law
The relevance is that they are pretty devout Muslims and being surrounded by 200 of them day in day out you learn about their culture first hand, and you learn their belief system. You get to watch how they go about their lives and put their religious values into play.

Have you only just read the holy story book and watched the news? Or do you have many Muslims that you deal with, are friends with and have had the chance to get to know?

What I've observed and learnt:

1. Welcome everyone into your home and into your family as everyone regardless of race is a child of Allah (debatable, due to my religious beliefs, but that's what their values are).
2. If you see a brother/sister in need - help them help them however you can (being a school, they like to cheekily bring this one up whenever they fail lol.. Doesn't work buddy).
3. Be honest, do not lie or misguide another.
4. Above all trust in Allah as he knows the struggles you can handle to make you a better person (again, debatable for me due to my non-religious POV).

Obviously in their religion they still do not approve of homosexuals, but that's all religions. Which is sad on all accounts. We should all still be children of 'God' regardless of sexual preference.

I think the general public non-extremist Muslim are very kind, caring and welcoming.

My father living in Riyadh has been invited into strangers home to have dinner with them, just because he is a foreigner and they want to learn about his culture and for them to learn about his. Not going to lie, he's also met the complete opposite in his life there. No different to anywhere really.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tee
Actually no it doesn't

That's just a modern day tool to oppress women

Likewise Halal food. Centuries prior Muslims are food prepared by Catholics etc with no issue. Halal is a made up modern day tax that serves no purpose
The burqa dates back to the Bedouin tribes... To cover and protect themselves. It was then carried on as a way of dressing modestly. It's not a requirement to wear the burqa.. And many do not.. Opting for the niqab, or hijab or nothing at all. Some of my students wear hats, or beanies, some wear nothing over their hair or face. A majority of them opt to wear modest clothing however, covering their legs and arms.. Sometimes their neck.

Just a quick " THANK YOU " to the Facebook warriors/problem solvers/cyber tree huggers {complete with anti-bark virus 2015 software and associated patches ) who clicked to get to the necessary 1,000,000 positive affirmations ( aka "LIKES" ) required to find a well overdue cure for leukemia.
No longer any need to give generously to the door knockers or the tin-carrying volunteers at Target and Coles; you have clicked LIKE and given the research labs EVERY impetus to solve this crippling and terminal disease.
Bravo.
If i scroll back thru your "timeline" or watch the FaceBook sponsored "video history of your journey since joining FaceBook", i have no doubt whatsoever that you uploaded an ice-bucket challenge to 3 of your 85 or less I.Q. workmates/bro's & casually ignored the fact that the co-founder of the ice bucket challenge tragically drowned at the height of the craze.
Further digging would reveal that you were "outraged" ( yes, another click of the "LIKE" button ) at the Kony 2012 campaign and the harm children were subjected to... yet were curiously absent in noting the videographer of that campaign was caught naked, in public, masturbating at 10:30am in a city street.... near a school and a child care centre.
Go you good FaceBook thing /clicking machine YOU !
If i was to turn back the clock to pre-intraweb days & lifestyle, i am sure & certain that you would be wearing a Bart Simpson " war is hell, man" tank top and showing off your ying/yang tattoo at the local Sizzler half price surf n turf night before attending the filming of It's A Knockout near your footy club's digs.
You are a sheep
A follower
A nothing
You contribute ZERO to the community and are a puppet
Put your board shorts on and try to not be the only grommet at the beach later today
Here's to you, rank N file coat tailer, "suckin my DICK"!!!
Pause Rant

<Begin Vulcan Rant :vulcan:>

I am astounded by the illogical thought processes that go into the majority of the opinions expressed in this thread.
Not one of you seems to approach these topics with systematic thinking derived fundamental axiomatic premises.
The vast majority of these posts contain faulty assumptions and brainwashed sheep-think.

I'm glad I'm not a member of the human race, otherwise this entire thread would cause me to feel utter embarrassment.

<End Vulcan Rant :vulcan:>

One could argue any kind of belief in religion is an illogical thought process....especially if capable of understanding the universe from a scientific perspective.

Science explains the universe thru a series of tests, trial/error

It does not "understand" the universe as such; that would leave it open to questions it cannot entertain or answer yet.

Big tits are my religion

Science explains the universe thru a series of tests, trial/error

It does not "understand" the universe as such; that would leave it open to questions it cannot entertain or answer yet.

Big tits are my religion
Does it not help us to understand the universe through explanation; And yes plenty of unanswered questions.

I won't mention my religion, as it would be inappropriate by my own code of ethics, but you may wonder. ;)

Back