Skip to main content

RANT!

For the bleeding hearts of Australia who enjoy watching Pompeii, Herculaneum and Stabiae burn:

O
NE
RAR
ELYS
EESWH
ATISRI

GHTINFRO
NTOFTHEM

I take it you never took into account Anders Breivik - The terrorist who bombed and killed people in Oslo in 2011. A Christian who DID this because of his religion and his anti-islamic stance.
And he is a terrorist by definition and disgusting.

That is just a one incident and look over the last 4 years of attacks by Islamists against the west for being 'western' as well as Islamists killing their own people because they have a different interpretation

Every month this year someone from the Islamic faith has been arrested in this country for terrorist charges.
How many more are under watch?

Don't forget the group that were planning to storm the army base and kill Australians for being Australians

And

Don't forget this "lone wolf" in Martin Place had reportedly tens of thousands of followers on Facebook.

It's a bigger problem than many people acknowledge, especially given their small numbers here in Australia

And he is a terrorist by definition and disgusting.

That is just a one incident and look over the last 4 years of attacks by Islamists against the west for being 'western' as well as Islamists killing their own people because they have a different interpretation

Every month this year someone from the Islamic faith has been arrested in this country for terrorist charges.
How many more are under watch?

Don't forget the group that were planning to storm the army base and kill Australians for being Australians

And

Don't forget this "lone wolf" in Martin Place had reportedly tens of thousands of followers on Facebook.

It's a bigger problem than many people acknowledge, especially given their small numbers here in Australia

I completely understand this.

I think a lot of what we 'see' regarding extremists 'all' being Muslim is because of media filtering.
The media 'sells' what will make people watch and 'buy'. Yeah there is wars going on all all this ISIS bullshit because it's the latest 'flavour' of terrorist.

How about the Talliban who opened fire in a School in the on the same night in Pakistan killing 130 children or thereabouts... This shit happens everywhere and there are wars everywhere. And it's worse than here. It's scary that it happened to us, but it was always going to happen.. We are isolated, and safe in comparison to other countries but it would be naive to think it would never come here. There have been many more non Muslim terrorists over time... And recently- especially when you take into account the wars going on everywhere. It always seems political or religious in drive though.

Don't get me wrong I am sad it happened here because it did take away our innocence - so to speak. I think it takes a strong country to come together to support everyone rather than point fingers at each other.

Speaking of pointing fingers - I think it's moreso our legal system that failed us... Letting this criminal walk amongst us knowing he was dangerous. As with Jill Meagher's killer... Who was out on bail when he shouldn't have been.

All good points

I just think it was insensitive for support to be garnered by this social media movement for everyone but the victims

There was a crapload of support for the victims - and just look at all those flowers outside of the Lindt cafe... There is a massive outpouring of support, anger and sadness for the victims. Arguably no amount of support would be able to turn back time for them so this didn't happen.

I'm not being facetious but have you read the Koran?

Once you read this book you will understand the scepticism that a lot of people have. It reads like a rule book

The Bible reads as a story - providing insight and stories and moral guidelines

The little green book is just a list of rules.

Just read it

Reactions: Tee
I think we can all say that in recent years there has been quite few news stories of minorities being abused on public transport by horrible racist bogans right? We all agree on that? Any normal moral person who sees these stories is going to think... "that's fucked.. is Australia really that racist" I think during the Sydney siege intelligent people could see that no matter how this things turns out, there is going to be idiots out there that are going to target Muslim people in public.

I don't know about anyone else her, but when I see footage of the Cornulla riots I hang my head in shame and think to myself "we need to do better" . The #Illridewithyou # was the way for Australian's who do not share the same view as the people in the riots or the people abusing minorities on public transport to say "Hey I am not a bigot or racist, I do not blame the majority for the actions of a few.'

Yes there was a siege going on a the time, but was a # saying #freethehostages going to convince the gunman to free the hostage... No, instead people did something that would actually help others.

During the troubles in Ireland there were plenty of terrorists who were killing fellow Christians, and it wasn't just the IRA, but also the UDA. There have been many seiges when family members have killed their 'loved' ones. There were American terrorist groups who kidnapped, killed and abused their fellow Americans, like the Symbionese Liberation Army. There have been German terrorist groups, like the Red Brigade. There have been Japanese terrorists like Aum Shinriko. There are Israeli terrorists who bomb girls schools like Kahane Chai, and Palestinian groups like Hamas. Spain has the Basque. There have been individuals who perpetrate atrocities, like the Oklahoma Bomber. Sri Lanka has the Tamil Tigers. Of course, politically motivated terrorism is only classified as terrorism if they lose. If they win, they're freedom fighters.

Some humans like to kill each other. It's disgusting, but it's not limited to Islam. Mankind can be disgusting.

I'm not being facetious but have you read the Koran?

Once you read this book you will understand the scepticism that a lot of people have. It reads like a rule book

The Bible reads as a story - providing insight and stories and moral guidelines

The little green book is just a list of rules.

Just read it

They're not 'rules' they're apparently 'guidelines', too.

You know why the bible reads like a story? Because it's a fiction book. It's been changed over years and years and years and it's a story. It still has questionable actions in it.

I don't believe in religion but I do find it pretty multifaceted and interesting, both are probably story books... But I deeply respect that people believe in religion. Each to their own.

And yes, I've read bits of both. And no, I have no intention of reading either in full. I work very closely with many Saudis and my Dad lives in Riyadh.. Has done for part of each year since he was late teens/early 20s for his job. I grew up in a very Catholic country and went to a very Catholic school where we had to pray before each damn lesson... So I've had my share of religiousness. Growing up terrorism/foreigner kidnapping/torture/ransom was a fairly common thing due to the Abusayyaf extremist group in the Mindanao province in the Philippines.

I thought it would make me immune but it felt pretty raw knowing this happened in our 'safe' country. I'm still not going to say 'all terrorists are Muslim' though. It's extremely close minded and it's sad that people feel this way. You miss out on a lot of amazing things that other cultures have to offer.

You answer a question with a question

So you haven't

And the English spelling is Koran

And yes I have

Mate, I've read it. It's a book that is self-referred to as the Qur'an MANY times within. Not the "Koran".

You obviously didn't read it very closely, as you spread very narrow-minded views about the teachings within and speak as though your word is gospel.

It reads no more like a rule book than the bible does. But the bible is a very western ideology and isn't "weird" and "different" and "hateful". I get it now. Every Muslim is hate-filled, just like every Catholic sexually abuses young boys.

Mate, I've read it. It's a book that is self-referred to as the Qur'an MANY times within. Not the "Koran".

You obviously didn't read it very closely, as you spread very narrow-minded views about the teachings within and speak as though your word is gospel.

It reads no more like a rule book than the bible does. But the bible is a very western ideology and isn't "weird" and "different" and "hateful". I get it now. Every Muslim is hate-filled, just like every Catholic sexually abuses young boys.
They're probably going to tell you next that the Quran 'makes' the women wear burkas. Haha

In fact, both Christianity and Judaism are eastern religions, too. The 'big three', Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all Abrahamic religions with a common belief in religious descendancy and varying degrees of agreement on prophets.

In fact, both Christianity and Judaism are eastern religions, too. The 'big three', Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all Abrahamic religions with a common belief in religious descendancy and varying degrees of agreement on prophets.

Oh, absolutely (interestingly enough all three consider Jerusalem a holy land). But Islam didn't "make the jump" to the west the same way that Christianity and Judaism did. Plus, I think you'd find a greater proportion of the Christian movement is located in countries one would consider part of the western world. Hence why I called it a "western ideology" (perhaps the wrong term to use - yet Christianity appears to be more accepted than the Western world).

Reactions: Jam
Oh, absolutely (interestingly enough all three consider Jerusalem a holy land). But Islam didn't "make the jump" to the west the same way that Christianity and Judaism did. Plus, I think you'd find a greater proportion of the Christian movement is located in countries one would consider part of the western world. Hence why I called it a "western ideology" (perhaps the wrong term to use - yet Christianity appears to be more accepted than the Western world).

Certainly, Christianity and Judaism now seem more western as they were forced to spread due to historic political and economic circumstances. Just as Islam is forced to do today.

Reactions: Tee
Back