Skip to main content

RANT!

Seriously I am pissed off by the above but I won't write what I want to write in reply to the above as it will no doubt be deleted. Seems anti-muslim sentiment is ok on this forum but post any home truths about other religions, and your posts get deleted.

Well thousands of Hindus, Buddhists etc... aren't exactly going around lopping off heads, blowing themselves up along with hundreds of innocent lives, executing killing sprees to purge the world of infidels etc and many other acts of senseless violence against muslims and non-muslims alike etc, etc.. all in the name of Allah.

I find it deeply offensive and ridiculous to try to draw parallels between the misdeeds (which don't even come close to 1/2oth of the bloodshed at the hands of muslims) of other religions in modern times (forget anything that happened over 100 years ago, that's irrelevant let's worry about the here and the now) to somehow obfuscate and deflect fair and accurate criticism of Islam.

You're attitude is not doing muslims any favours. You're diversionary apologist tactics only serve to fester resentment and hatred against muslims. If muslims have any hope of successfully integrating into western democracies in the near future their religion seriously needs to be put under the microscope to rid of it of the medieval primitive beliefs, customs and practices that permeates far too many of its followers.

@Connoisseur

Well thousands of Hindus, Buddhists etc... aren't exactly going around lopping off heads, blowing themselves up along with hundreds of innocent lives, executing killing sprees to purge the world of infidels etc and many other acts of senseless violence against muslims and non-muslims alike etc, etc.. all in the name of Allah.
Of course those infused in other religious or spiritual paths aren't doing things in the name of Allah. No shit Sherlock. There are however factions of other religious ideology doing much the same type of thing around the world, for their OWN god or gods or philosphical ideals. The fact such shit is not shoved in your face constantly, does not mean it has not or does not happen. You can blame nothing but your own ignorance for being oblivious to that fact.
I find it deeply offensive and ridiculous to try to draw parallels between the misdeeds (which don't even come close to 1/2oth of the bloodshed at the hands of muslims) of other religions in modern times (forget anything that happened over 100 years ago, that's irrelevant let's worry about the here and the now) to somehow obfuscate and deflect fair and accurate criticism of Islam.
Hmm.. really. Hitler, devout Christian. That little thing called Genocide of millions including Jews, gays, gysies et al. Backed no less by the Vatican at the time who were more than happy to back him despite his clear Lutheran ideology. I will also mention Franco and Mussolini, again backed by the Vatican to kill off anyone not willing to covert. BTW, not a Muslim in sight to help them along with their dire and destuctive plans. Pol Pot, a Theravada Buddhist, although dabbled with Catholicism for a couple of years, responsible for the death of at least 2 million Cambodians. I will not necessarily cover the shit that happened here in Australia with the "Stolen Generation" and attempt to "breed out the colour" crap as that little nugget commenced in 1909, which is just outside your "allowed" 100 years. The fact though such BS continued up to and including the 1970's rates a mention. BTW the Stolen Generation was Christian Missionary backed.
Now, as you have given this specific timeline of the last 100 years, I assume you want to just push the Crusades crap under a "too hard to deal with...can't think" Rug. I have given you a couple of examples as to OTHER religions and philosophies well known shit that has happened within the last hundred years. As such, please bring forth anything Muslims have done over the past 100 years to get to the moderate "tally" of the killing of around 6 Million people and the hands of religious zealots of faiths other than Islam. Seriously, bring it.
You're attitude is not doing muslims any favours. You're diversionary apologist tactics only serve to fester resentment and hatred against muslims. If muslims have any hope of successfully integrating into western democracies in the near future their religion seriously needs to be put under the microscope to rid of it of the medieval primitive beliefs, customs and practices that permeates far too many of its followers.

I expect nothing more from someone who fails to see how much other religions have done harm. It's clear though you have a rabid dislike for Muslims and Islam as a whole. As such, why don't you just boycott anything Muslims have brought to the table, while the "western" dark ages and Medieval time happened. From now on, refuse to count (duh it's called Arabic number system for a reason), refuse to use algebra, refuse to get higher education, refuse to use hospitals...oh and don't drink coffee...just to name a few.... oh shit.. don't drive either. ALL things brought to the fore while Christianity in Medieval times had non progressive blockout, followers of Islam brought to the fore.

BTW to you.. speaking of even older BS beliefs. Merry Christmas. No wait that was just a stolen thing from Pagan belief. My bad.

It's interesting how hysterical and "pissed off" people get over discussions relating to Islam.

I wonder if kismet gets as "pissed off" when she sees kids holding signs such as these in Sydney? Doubt it.

large.jpeg

One only has to look at the effect the "minority" is having in the Middle East to see that the "minority" is and will continue to cause serious problems in the West. Increased security and anti-terrorism measures are all in place because of the rise of Islamic terrorism since 9/11 - no other reason. If you can't see the global effect this religion is having, you are a fool.

I cannot stand people who scream "bigot" and try to shut down conversation because they don't want to offend "moderate muslims" and want to bury their heads in the sand and live in a world of fairies, rainbows and hashtags.

NO worse or better than seeing bumper stickers with Luke 19:27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'

I see all religious belief to be crap. IMO you are all as bad or "good" as eachother.

BTW I wanted to START a dialogue not shut it down hence inviting @Connoisseur and @Tin Bum to this thread, so even on that point, it's YOUR epic fail.

There is terrorism going on everywhere...the husband that rams his wife's head into the back of the front door, the guy that knocks you flat in the street...some swines take it to the extreme...people hurt people everywhere...don't have to be a smart arse...I do not wear blinkers, but I see Australia for what it is now....REM sung it best: It's the End of the World as We Know it (and I feel fine....)...

There is terrorism going on everywhere...the husband that rams his wife's head into the back of the front door, the guy that knocks you flat in the street...some swines take it to the extreme...people hurt people everywhere...don't have to be a smart arse...I do not wear blinkers, but I see Australia for what it is now....REM sung it best: It's the End of the World as We Know it (and I feel fine....)...

I realise that. I was not being a smart arse. Your comment started out by saying ALL terrorists are Muslim and that is the part I did not agree with and stated as much in my reply to your comment. How is that me being a smart arse in your eyes, just quietly?:unsure:

To be honest religion in general doesn't always bring about a positive reaction from me...be that Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Scientology or whatever (this coming from someone that has been christened Catholic). It's not peoples' beliefs in their Gods that bother me at all, but it's more how some people believe they're justified in committing terrible acts in the name of their faith. I don't care if that's like the siege we saw on Monday or Indigenous kids getting ripped away from their homes and families and thrown onto Christian missions. Both are disgusting but in different ways. The latter may not be as brutal as the former but it has still resulted in so many Indigenous people losing their identity and the effects are still well and truly being felt by Aboriginal Australians today. What's worse is that our own PM seems to be using the Bible and his Christian beliefs to protest against gay marriage in the country. I don't care what the Bible says, trying to stop anyone loving and marrying whoever they want regardless of gender is criminal.

BTW the majority of my posts on the Martin Place thread were to allow people to grieve when it was revealed it was a Fake Sheik working on his own and trying to work his own personal agenda. Others were making it about all Muslims and how they "think" when it was not.
It was a rogue nutter like Martin Bryant with his own issues in 1996. BTW he was not a Muslim either.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest religion in general doesn't always bring about a positive reaction from me...be that Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Scientology or whatever (this coming from someone that has been christened Catholic). It's not peoples' beliefs in their Gods that bother me at all, but it's more how some people believe they're justified in committing terrible acts in the name of their faith. I don't care if that's like the siege we saw on Monday or Indigenous kids getting ripped away from their homes and families and thrown onto Christian missions. Both are disgusting but in different ways. The latter may not be as brutal as the former but it has still resulted in so many Indigenous people losing their identity and the effects are still well and truly being felt by Aboriginal Australians today. What's worse is that our own PM seems to be using the Bible and his Christian beliefs to protest against gay marriage in the country. I don't care what the Bible says, trying to stop anyone loving and marrying whoever they want regardless of gender is criminal.

Agreed agreed agreed. TY. BTW a proper read of at least the "OT" in Hebrew is actually cool with same sex relationships. Even the Jesus of Nazareth character in the NT in Matthew in both Aramaic and also Hebrew speaks of the joy of same sex love and it's accepted. I never blame the BOOKS no matter which religion. I do however blame certain idiots who believe their purple monkey dishwasher version is an accurate reflection of the original intent. It isn't and that's why this type of shit is happening now and happened prior to now.

@Connoisseur

Of course those infused in other religious or spiritual paths aren't doing things in the name of Allah. No shit Sherlock. There are however factions of other religious ideology doing much the same type of thing around the world, for their OWN god or gods or philosphical ideals. The fact such shit is not shoved in your face constantly, does not mean it has not or does not happen. You can blame nothing but your own ignorance for being oblivious to that fact.

Hmm.. really. Hitler, devout Christian. That little thing called Genocide of millions including Jews, gays, gysies et al. Backed no less by the Vatican at the time who were more than happy to back him despite his clear Lutheran ideology. I will also mention Franco and Mussolini, again backed by the Vatican to kill off anyone not willing to covert. BTW, not a Muslim in sight to help them along with their dire and destuctive plans. Pol Pot, a Theravada Buddhist, although dabbled with Catholicism for a couple of years, responsible for the death of at least 2 million Cambodians. I will not necessarily cover the shit that happened here in Australia with the "Stolen Generation" and attempt to "breed out the colour" crap as that little nugget commenced in 1909, which is just outside your "allowed" 100 years. The fact though such BS continued up to and including the 1970's rates a mention. BTW the Stolen Generation was Christian Missionary backed.
Now, as you have given this specific timeline of the last 100 years, I assume you want to just push the Crusades crap under a "too hard to deal with...can't think" Rug. I have given you a couple of examples as to OTHER religions and philosophies well known shit that has happened within the last hundred years. As such, please bring forth anything Muslims have done over the past 100 years to get to the moderate "tally" of the killing of around 6 Million people and the hands of religious zealots of faiths other than Islam. Seriously, bring it.

I expect nothing more from someone who fails to see how much other religions have done harm. It's clear though you have a rabid dislike for Muslims and Islam as a whole. As such, why don't you just boycott anything Muslims have brought to the table, while the "western" dark ages and Medieval time happened. From now on, refuse to count (duh it's called Arabic number system for a reason), refuse to use algebra, refuse to get higher education, refuse to use hospitals...oh and don't drink coffee...just to name a few.... oh shit.. don't drive either. ALL things brought to the fore while Christianity in Medieval times had non progressive blockout, followers of Islam brought to the fore.

BTW to you.. speaking of even older BS beliefs. Merry Christmas. No wait that was just a stolen thing from Pagan belief. My bad.

Of course those infused in other religious or spiritual paths aren't doing things in the name of Allah. No shit Sherlock.

Umm I think you’re simply nit-picking and twisting the gist of what I was saying into something that the average person wouldn’t mistakenly read into my comments. Anyone with a bit of reading comprehension would never assume that I was claiming Hindus etc.. worship the muslim god.

Hmm.. really. Hitler, devout Christian. That little thing called Genocide of millions including Jews, gays, gysies et al.

Through history human being s( whether white, purple, black etc.) have committed acts of violence, it’s not an exclusive domain of one ethnicity over another. And like I said previously why I think it’s irrelevant, disingenuous, dangerous and right down offensive going down the path of dragging up things done in the past in a misguided attempt to justify and ‘excuse’ the atrocities that are been currently carried out by groups of people RIGHT NOW.

For every act of violence you attribute to Hindus, Buddhists, etc.. there’s at least 10 examples of similar incidents committed by muslims in the recent past. It would be like trying to argue that the number of women who are assaulted by men is more or less almost identical to number men who are assaulted by women.

Any reasonable person would immediately dismiss such a ridiculous claim as utter non-sense. You are lying to yourself if you insist that people who have died in the last 20 to 30 years as a result of Muslim violence is anywhere near close to those carried out in the name of other religions.

I think you mean well but you’re doing everyone (especially muslims) a great disservice by sticking your head in the sand and pretending that Islam in the 21st century is not at its core still very much a medieval religion with a frighteningly large percentage of its followers interpreting several passages found in the Koran in a literal sense.

Unlike say Buddhists, Christians, Hindus who in comparison are by and large not regularly involved in acts of terror on a grand scale. The fact that they may have in the past has no relevance whatsoever to the world we live in today.

Hence why I am of the opinion that it’s imperative that an open honest discussion about Islam is had n the ‘West’ if we ever hope to stymie the number of disaffected Muslim followers who end up turning against their hosts countries that have kindly welcomed them and/or their parents for refuge. Merely relying on repeating the mantra that Islam is the ‘Religion of Peace’ over and over again hoping for the best is clearly not working.

That pretty much sums my feelings on the matter, I got nothing more add as I just would be rehashing what I’ve said several times before.

Last edited:
#illridewithyou
Is the most disgusting and disrespectful #movement I have come across

They ideological left supporting Muslims whilst the REAL victims had a gun to their head.

I am over the sympathisers of Islam. They are a cult and should be treated as one

#illridewithyou

They ideological left supporting Muslims whilst the REAL victims had a gun to their head.

I am over the sympathisers of Islam. They are a cult and should be treated as one
Another stupid comment. I feel sorry for those muslims being criticised in this manner. There's good and bad in all religions.

END OF RANT :rage:

Another stupid comment. I feel sorry for those muslims being criticised in this manner. There's good and bad in all religions.

END OF RANT :rage:
So you don't agree that the ideological (inept) left showed more support on social media forums than the actual victims?

Where was #freethehostages
Or #supportforhostages

Instead the niff nuffs come out and support the fake victims in this saga

There's good and bad in all religions, a Buddhist may run a red light, a priest may embezzle funds from their church and Hindu may murder his neighbour

However all around the world there is one religion that is attacking and murdering others purely based on their beliefs - it's a completely different kettle of fish

And you're too ignorant to accept that fact

#illridewithyou

Ok, so here.
The victims ordeal is far more horrendous than we could EVER... EVER fathom. They did not ask to be held hostage, and I cannot imagine how it felt or how they feel now.

Here is another thing.

After the extremist kid who stabbed some cops after they arrested him here in Melb an INNOCENT Muslim woman wearing a niqab was pushed in front of a moving train because some bogan decided it was HER fault just because of her religion. You know what? I think that is really fucked up. This is also why I would support the #illridewithyou hashtag over and over again. I'd never ever want this to happen to anyone I knew.

I've also had some of my students (women) bashed or verbally abused because they're Muslim, just walking down the street.

Criminals are pigs - regardless of WHERE they are from WHAT colour they are and WHAT religion they are.

Victims are put in a horrible position they never asked for - regardless of WHERE they are from WHAT colour they are and WHAT religion they are.

There's good and bad in all religions, a Buddhist may run a red light, a priest may embezzle funds from their church and Hindu may murder his neighbour

However all around the world there is one religion that is attacking and murdering others purely based on their beliefs - it's a completely different kettle of fish

And you're too ignorant to accept that fact

I take it you never took into account Anders Breivik - The terrorist who bombed and killed people in Oslo in 2011. A Christian who DID this because of his religion and his anti-islamic stance.

Ok, so here.
The victims ordeal is far more horrendous than we could EVER... EVER fathom. They did not ask to be held hostage, and I cannot imagine how it felt or how they feel now.

Here is another thing.

After the extremist kid who stabbed some cops after they arrested him here in Melb an INNOCENT Muslim woman wearing a niqab was pushed in front of a moving train because some bogan decided it was HER fault just because of her religion. You know what? I think that is really fucked up. This is also why I would support the #illridewithyou hashtag over and over again. I'd never ever want this to happen to anyone I knew.

I've also had some of my students (women) bashed or verbally abused because they're Muslim, just walking down the street.

Criminals are pigs - regardless of WHERE they are from WHAT colour they are and WHAT religion they are.

Victims are put in a horrible position they never asked for - regardless of WHERE they are from WHAT colour they are and WHAT religion they are.
All good points

I just think it was insensitive for support to be garnered by this social media movement for everyone but the victims

Back