Skip to main content

Random advice thread

Oh @HarleyQQ I feel for you, my brother cut my parents off from the grand kids for several years because of fights he was having with sisters. Mum was so sad and she had nothing to do with any of the crap going on.

So, stupid brother eventually came around, but everyone missed out.

In your situation, would they attend mediation if you suggested it? Family mediation can be very helpful and isn't expensive.
What is her family like? Can you approach them for help?

More extreme last resort, turn up with support and conduct an intervention, are the kids allright? If she kicks Dad does she abuse the kids?

cheers guys, he's talking to my dad again on the proviso that they dont talk about his wife...sooo baby steps.
Thanks again for your input its very much appreciated.

Disliking my University course in final year. Unsure where to go from here. Any advice on how I figure out wtf to do with my life?

Disliking my University course in final year. Unsure where to go from here. Any advice on how I figure out wtf to do with my life?

As someone who was in the same position, keep pushing on. Finish it and take time to reflect on what your passion is.

As someone who was in the same position, keep pushing on. Finish it and take time to reflect on what your passion is.

Definitely what my current thinking is. Just finish it and spend the next year potentially taking a break and thinking about what I want to do. I worry sometimes that taking a break from study may hinder me though.

Just finish it. You can do something else later. Most people shift away from their original studies a bit anyway.

Even if you enjoy what you study, working in the actual field is a different thing and people don't always end up liking the field once they get experience. Some courses are more practical than others but I don't think university can always be used as an accurate predictor. In some ways it's like a bubble!

Those Coles, Safeway (Woolworths) and Aldi 15c reusable plastic shopping bags actually make great bin liners I have found out...lol. They even have those handy convenient carry straps which you can use to tie the top of the bag once it's full then just simply throw it out in your weekly council rubbish bin collection.

They are great for using as rubbish bags and they are only just a tad more expensive than actually buying a roll of plastic rubbish bags and using them in the bin. If you keep buying new reusable bags everytime you shop you will always have a supply of bin liners to use for that week etc...lol ;)

Now *runs and ducks for cover for the onslaught from the environmentalists and the greenies etc*...LOL! :p

Those Coles, Safeway (Woolworths) and Aldi 15c reusable plastic shopping bags actually make great bin liners I have found out...lol. They even have those handy convenient carry straps which you can use to tie the top of the bag once it's full then just simply throw it out in your weekly council rubbish bin collection.

They are great for using as rubbish bags and they are only just a tad more expensive than actually buying a roll of plastic rubbish bags and using them in the bin. If you keep buying new reusable bags everytime you shop you will always have a supply of bin liners to use for that week etc...lol ;)

Now *runs and ducks for cover for the onslaught from the environmentalists and the greenies etc*...LOL! :p
golly, so domestic LOL
I've never thrown out a plastic bag
I have a friend who crochets them into all sorts of things (coin purses, little animal shape toys)
tidy...never would have guessed
perhaps not heterosexual? (joke...)

golly, so domestic LOL
I've never thrown out a plastic bag
I have a friend who crochets them into all sorts of things (coin purses, little animal shape toys)
tidy...never would have guessed
perhaps not heterosexual? (joke...)

Ha! Up until a few years ago we used to get free plastic bags with your shopping. Now they make you pay 15c for a larger "reusable" plastic shopping bag. I just thought of a way to still get new plastic bags everytime you shop and also find a use for those 15c reusable bags after you take your shopping home in them...lol. Use them as rubbish bags, saves me buying a roll of rubbish bags separately...lol.

Cheers!

Ha! Up until a few years ago we used to get free plastic bags with your shopping. Now they make you pay 15c for a larger "reusable" plastic shopping bag. I just thought of a way to still get new plastic bags everytime you shop and also find a use for those 15c reusable bags after you take your shopping home in them...lol. Use them as rubbish bags, saves me buying a roll of rubbish bags separately...lol.

Cheers!
always thoughtful, useful & even kind what a keeper, dear Converse!

Back