Skip to main content

R U OK Support Thread

aww you are all so thoughtful. I have no bucks to share atm, as times are really tough here. Trying to feed another dog that was left here for holidays, with no food or a $$ allowance. Cleaning out my freezer to feed him and that dog will be skinny when the owner comes back (He is too fat anyways). All my vegetable and fruit crops were wiped by birds rats and cows, depressed ...... :)
I hope Mr Sticky is OK and send my virtual love for hopefully, a speedy recovery xxxxx

Sorry for the delay. Sticky's daughter and I have been playing telephone tag.
Again, the news is not great. Sticky has been moved from the ward to rehab. He will be there for another few weeks and then some tough decisions will need to be made. His speech has improved slightly - but it is slow and he might have to repeat things several times before he is understood. When tired, he still needs to use a chart. There is little change to his use of his right side but he was able to sit unassisted for a couple of minutes recently. If all the food is prepared and cut up, he can feed himself.

His daughter has said that she thinks the best way for us to let him know we are thinking about him is individual cards, notes or letters - and she would prefer that they be sent to her PO Box. She visits a couple of times a week, and is happy to deliver them for us. So, send your mail to:

MrStickyfingers
c/- Belinda Challman
PO Box 3372
Tuggerah NSW 2259

Belinda and I know that you will understand you shouldn't expect a reply - but she is absolutely certain he will love to receive them.

I am going to put together a compilation of the messages posted on here so far and send that to him as well.
For those of you overseas or otherwise unable to send something yourself, post it in this thread and I will include it the next time I send him something. Blessings.

Thank you so much @qtkt , so appreciate your updates, and finding us somewhere to send our love......I miss him, a lot
I hope he can recover more movement and speech , must be so frustrating for such a communicator.
This forum is really missing you @Mr Stickyfingers , so much
Love and prayers to you and your lovely wife and family.

...wow.. I’m overwhelmed by all of your beautiful and wonderfully kind words... some of them made me cry tears of happiness which is not a bad thing at all... thankyou so much everyone...

...I’m starting to talk now but sound like I’ve just inhaled some Helium but at least I’m able to talk now... I’m now teaching myself to type left handed and it is so hard... I can now move my fingers on my right hand but can’t walk yet... YET... ha hal... but I will soon... (I hope)...

...thankyou so much for being there as a conduit for me qtkt you are a Godsend indeed...

...it’s taken me just under 2 hours to write this so I’ll quit while I’m ahead 👌🏾✌️😄... again... thankyou for your beautiful kind words everyone... they really mean a lot to me... cheers.

...wow.. I’m overwhelmed by all of your beautiful and wonderfully kind words... some of them made me cry tears of happiness which is not a bad thing at all... thankyou so much everyone...

...I’m starting to talk now but sound like I’ve just inhaled some Helium but at least I’m able to talk now... I’m now teaching myself to type left handed and it is so hard... I can now move my fingers on my right hand but can’t walk yet... YET... ha hal... but I will soon... (I hope)...

...thankyou so much for being there as a conduit for me qtkt you are a Godsend indeed...

...it’s taken me just under 2 hours to write this so I’ll quit while I’m ahead 👌🏾✌️😄... again... thankyou for your beautiful kind words everyone... they really mean a lot to me... cheers.

Very happy to hear of your improvements Mr S! Thanks for paying us a visit, hey it’s all good therapy anyway. Looking forward to seeing you around more often. Just stay clear of MKR and MAFS and keep your stress at a minimum.

Keep up the good regeneration.

630AB8E9-0AEE-45E5-8148-93BBA55188AC.gif

...hello all... just letting you know that I can now feel my right leg muscles again to enable me to walk again... it’s onlty a matter of time I guess... the fingers on my my right hand are beginning to move again at last.. I am getting more strength in my right arm every day... I don’t want to end up in a wheelchair for the rest of my life do I?... I am due to be released from Hospital in two weeks time at this stage but I am not too sure at this moment... but with lots of hard work l’ll make sure that I reach that target...

...I’d like to take the time to thank qtkt for all that she has done for me before now.... she really is a gem... and to the rest of my friends on here (that’s you)... you really are the greatest therapy I could hope for...for that I thank you all... anyway... it’s taken me about an hour to write this with my left hand so far so I’ll leave it there at that at this moment... I may not post too much at the moment but I still read your posts in the background... they crack me up...cheers.

Last edited:
...hello all... just letting you know that I can now feel my right leg muscles again to enable me to walk again... it’s onlty a matter of time I guess... the fingers on my my right hand are beginning to move again at last.. I am getting more strength in my right arm every day... I don’t want to end up in a wheelchair for the rest of my life do I?... I am due to be released from Hospital in two weeks time at this stage but I am not too sure at this moment... but with lots of hard work l’ll make sure that I reach that target...

...I’d like to take the time to thank qtkt for all that she has done for me before now.... she really is a gem... and to the rest of my friends on here (that’s you)... you really are the greatest therapy I could hope for...for that I thank you all... anyway... it’s taken me about an hour to write this with my left hand so far so I’ll leave it there at that at this moment... I may not post too much at the moment but I still read your posts in the background... they crack me up...cheers.

Yay! 😁 Great news Mr. Sticky! So happy to hear your body is recovering. Keep up the great work! 👍

Yay! 😁 Great news Mr. Sticky! So happy to hear your body is recovering. Keep up the great work! 👍

...thankyou Lucas my friend... much appreciated... hey all... just letting you all know... the Physio’s told me in the gym that I’m doing so welll in the gym with my recovery that they extended my stay in the Hospital for another 2 weeks... I will be home in 4 weeks time... I’ll still be having to use a wheelchair for a few more months until I can fully walk again but as they say... slow and steady wins the race.. l’ll post again when I can my friends... until then... cheers.

...thankyou Lucas my friend... much appreciated... hey all... just letting you all know... the Physio’s told me in the gym that I’m doing so welll in the gym with my recovery that they extended my stay in the Hospital for another 2 weeks... I will be home in 4 weeks time... I’ll still be having to use a wheelchair for a few more months until I can fully walk again but as they say... slow and steady wins the race.. l’ll post again when I can my friends... until then... cheers.

I am a firm believer in "slow and steady wins the race" Mr Sticky. You're getting there. Try to hang in there with your physio. You're tough. It will be worth it in the end. 👍

Keep up the good work Mr. Sticky. You'll get there with perseverance, love and hope.
One of my favourite Cure songs for you ...

Back