Skip to main content

R U OK Support Thread

My sincere condolences @Lindsay1973.

Thank you everyone for the kind support and prayers, @qtkt.
Thank you especially @hooleydooley for your very thoughtful messages and kind offers in WA.

My dear sister is at peace, I am home, St John of God Hospital, Bunbury is like the Hilton with angels, I am forever grateful.
I cannot quite grasp what has happened in less than a year, I have lost my youngest brother and sister, I feel numb and shell shocked.

Unfortunately her partner appears to have flipped & I am glad for the distance now.
I am so tired, have the flu and feeling very puzzled by humans and fate and everything, quiet rest I need, and a good laugh.

@qtkt have you seen this article?

Article from news.com.au that you might be interested in:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/s...s/news-story/d0857acf2260c46b147233cbd2ef4422

EXTRACT...
DEATH is an inevitable consequence of life, but scientists believe they may have found some light at the end of the tunnel.

Life after death has been “confirmed” by experts who say consciousness continues even once a person’s heart has stopped beating.

In a study of more than 2,000 people, British scientists confirmed that thought persists after death, and simultaneously uncovered convincing evidence of an out-of-body experience for a patient declared dead by medics.......

...See above link for more...

Regards all R U OK ers, kxk
so sorry KKK

@kxk first let me say how sorry I am for your loss and I pray that your sister is at peace. I'll be praying for strength and comfort for you in the days ahead.

I had not seen that article, so thank you for passing it on. I found it very interesting. Medicine ( and science in general) has made mighty leaps in the last 50 - 100 years but there is still so much we don't know and so much still to discover. I'll be interested to learn about further research in this area ( and I reckon they might find it's a lot longer than 3 minutes)

Hugs and Blessings to you.

OMG kxk, that seemed to happen very fast at the end there. Possibly not for you, I don't know. Anyway I hope you and your family are all ok. And that your sister and brother are indeed at peace.

My sincere condolences @Lindsay1973.

Thank you everyone for the kind support and prayers, @qtkt.
Thank you especially @hooleydooley for your very thoughtful messages and kind offers in WA.

My dear sister is at peace, I am home, St John of God Hospital, Bunbury is like the Hilton with angels, I am forever grateful.
I cannot quite grasp what has happened in less than a year, I have lost my youngest brother and sister, I feel numb and shell shocked.

Unfortunately her partner appears to have flipped & I am glad for the distance now.
I am so tired, have the flu and feeling very puzzled by humans and fate and everything, quiet rest I need, and a good laugh.

@qtkt have you seen this article?

Article from news.com.au that you might be interested in:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/s...s/news-story/d0857acf2260c46b147233cbd2ef4422

EXTRACT...
DEATH is an inevitable consequence of life, but scientists believe they may have found some light at the end of the tunnel.

Life after death has been “confirmed” by experts who say consciousness continues even once a person’s heart has stopped beating.

In a study of more than 2,000 people, British scientists confirmed that thought persists after death, and simultaneously uncovered convincing evidence of an out-of-body experience for a patient declared dead by medics.......

...See above link for more...

Regards all R U OK ers, kxk

Awww Thanks, I just try to remember every day to treat others - how I wish to be treated. Sometimes I get caught up in anger etc - and well have learnt that that does not really work in life ........
Love Sent xxx
That is such an interesting article. I know when my dad passed on, he visited me - from Sydney to Perth ........ No One told me he had passed, I just knew because he was at my office and later at my home. Yeah, I know many may think of me as whatever and I imagined that - but it was real and I got to say a real goodbye to my dad.

I am sharing here and it was so comforting that Dad cared enough to come visit me, on his way to where ever he went, when he passed :)

Hope you are feeling better and stronger now xxxxx

Reactions: kxk
Nose bleeds. Colourful, nasty and some of the the clots were as big as golf balls which needed help going down the plug hole, lol. Two bleeds in as many hours. Thankfully I was only a few steps from ED. Cauterised, (don't ever tell me that nasal swabs and investigations/procedures don't hurt) crying and saying I want my Mum as the local anaesthetic made my throat numb and I couldn't swallow and with the next two nights shifts off with a certificate, I'm going to just take stock and sleep a bit. A registrar, a resident and a med student witness my meltdown when I want Mum but I tell them that she's 82 and I'm not going to bother her. Then I laugh. Go figure.

Nose bleeds. Colourful, nasty and some of the the clots were as big as golf balls which needed help going down the plug hole, lol. Two bleeds in as many hours. Thankfully I was only a few steps from ED. Cauterised, (don't ever tell me that nasal swabs and investigations/procedures don't hurt) crying and saying I want my Mum as the local anaesthetic made my throat numb and I couldn't swallow and with the next two nights shifts off with a certificate, I'm going to just take stock and sleep a bit. A registrar, a resident and a med student witness my meltdown when I want Mum but I tell them that she's 82 and I'm not going to bother her. Then I laugh. Go figure.

How terrifying! Do you know what the cause was? I've never had a nose bleed before but yours sounds particularly bad!

How terrifying! Do you know what the cause was? I've never had a nose bleed before but yours sounds particularly bad!
I have a cluster of blood vessels very close to the surface and just blowing my nose can trigger it. Never had two in a row like that and it was a bit scary. Gave the day shift girls a fright with the second one. I'm ok now. Just very tired. Was awake from 6pm last night until about 130pm today. I looked like death in ED.

I have a cluster of blood vessels very close to the surface and just blowing my nose can trigger it. Never had two in a row like that and it was a bit scary. Gave the day shift girls a fright with the second one. I'm ok now. Just very tired. Was awake from 6pm last night until about 130pm today. I looked like death in ED.

How scary, but good that it wasn't something more sinister and also good that you happen to work in a hospital! Rest up!!

How scary, but good that it wasn't something more sinister and also good that you happen to work in a hospital! Rest up!!
I know my blood is ok as I am a regular plasma donor and donated yesterday. Resting is on the cards, after I get off the wine tonight, lol. I'll be ok.

Geez just reading that give me the heebie jeebies. Can't stand blood. Legit feeling faint now. I'd be a blubbering mess too!

Rest and recuperate for the next couple of days. :kiss:

Wow @Khun Khun. Hope you're taking it easy for a while
I'm not going back to work until Sunday afternoon. Tonight was going to be a write off but was ok for tomorrow night. However with over 107 weeks sick leave, I can afford the days off. Thankyou for your concern my friends, I'll be ok. Doesn't hurt though to let people know that sometimes illness takes over and you're not as chipper as usual. xx

I'm not going back to work until Sunday afternoon. Tonight was going to be a write off but was ok for tomorrow night. However with over 107 weeks sick leave, I can afford the days off. Thankyou for your concern my friends, I'll be ok. Doesn't hurt though to let people know that sometimes illness takes over and you're not as chipper as usual. xx
Goodness me KK. Gute Besserung!!

Bit Pissed off with myself, that I missed RUOK Day for this Thread, on Thursday last week.

Hope You Are All OK

xxxxxx

Back