Skip to main content

Priya beat Dave during the show in one of the closest votes ever.

it's one thing for peoples relatives voting from overseas but what he is doing is plain wrong and it's sad people try to justify cheating.

You do realise that I put in thousands of dollars of overseas votes last year - mainly for Tim but to help get others out as well? And the exact same campaigns were running for Jade and Tahan last year? And David's family was voting from the UK this year for him thanks to the details on the poster provided? And family/friends/fans of any of the other HMs are able to vote from overseas as well? LOL

If Indians were voting from India simply because Priya's an Indian without ever having watched a show, then what in the hell happened to Rohan last year when he was first evicted? International voting details were being spread from the start of last season and yet bye bye Rohan. You're wasting your breath. This has always happened - regardless of the HM - and neither Channel 9 nor Endemol care.

Oh and thanks @Rose711 for always keeping us up to date with this stuff! Can't believe how long this but at least it'll keep me company while I work. :)

And go Priya!! Remember y'all, every vote matters regardless of who your favourite is. Sonia said at the start it was only a handful of votes separating the bottom two. With approximately 2% of Aussies watching this show and we know from even the diehards on here that not everyone votes, for all we know it was $50 or even $5 that saw one HM beat another. If you want someone to win - and NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE - you need to vote!

You do realise that I put in thousands of dollars of overseas votes last year - mainly for Tim but to help get others out as well?
Oh so you're to blame for Tim winning? Did you also put in thousands of votes for Priya 20 mins into the show airing?

It's funny how quickly David's odds changed too by that screencap, almost like people put huge bets on him to be evicted because they knew that's what they were paid to do to recoup their losses.

You do realise that I put in thousands of dollars of overseas votes last year - mainly for Tim but to help get others out as well?

Not to be rude but I find it pretty sad to spend 'thousands' on this show, especially when the result wouldn't effect me personally :p

Oh so you're to blame for Tim winning? Did you also put in thousands of votes for Priya 20 mins into the show airing?

It's funny how quickly David's odds changed too by that screencap, almost like people put huge bets on him to be evicted because they knew that's what they were paid to do to recoup their losses.
Thousands of votes 20 mins in? No. I think I spent $30. That's around the same as I usually do after the show starts and I go in panic mode if my favourite is up or I'm frantically trying to get someone out. That seems to be the max I can ever manage to type on my phone in between watching and posting on the forum and I didn't want to go back on Facebook.

I think you're WAY overestimating the number of votes they're actually receiving this year for any HM.

Not to be rude but I find it pretty sad to spend 'thousands' on this show, especially when the result wouldn't effect me personally :p
They love BBAU or they did up until this year and have plenty of money. They got entertainment from the show and especially the live feed threads last year so they got involved. I'm sure they'd see people spending hundreds in a club each weekend just to waste themselves pretty sad if they were the judgmental types but hey, live and let live.

Does anything else think that Priya is getting an unfair advantage because the entire Indian community in Australia and perhaps outside Australia is voting for her?
That might have done Dave in ultimately.

Oh gawd that old chestnut. Like when they claim the entire gay community is behind a gay contestant. That is ridiculous and a massive assumption which is actually quite offensive.

Does anything else think that Priya is getting an unfair advantage because the entire Indian community in Australia and perhaps outside Australia is voting for her?
Let me rework that concept for you:

Does anything else think that Ben 2012 got an unfair advantage because the entire Gay community in Australia and perhaps outside Australia voted for him?

Would that upset you so much?

I am gay and I certainly never voted for him, because I thought he was a nasty prick.

Oh wait, he is.

Let me rework that concept for you:

Does anything else think that Ben 2012 got an unfair advantage because the entire Gay community in Australia and perhaps outside Australia voted for him?

Would that upset you so much?

I am gay and I certainly never voted for him, because I thought he was a nasty prick.

Oh wait, he is.

There were a lot of people saying that at the time. Equally stupid.

Doesn't surprise me at all that David and Priya would be that close. They seem to have a similar sized fanbase if this forum is anything to go by and wasn't it like 1% difference between them the week Jason left?

You'd think it would be a flip of coin, which it was.

I think in some specific cases 'block community voting' does happen. I remember when Casey Donovan won Australian Idol, one of my family members had been working in a high ranking section of government in Aboriginal Affairs, and most of the Indigenous community and non-Indigenous staff members were voting furiously.

Why aren't they showing how close the votes are then before the lines close?

I figure the decision can't be changed during the show and the percentages are massively apart so there wouldn't be any last minute changing, so they don't bother to show percentages.

Doesn't Sonia announce that it's close at the beginning of the show? I'm sure that the result can be changed during the show when it's close. Why wouldn't it be?

I'm just going by what Mike Goldman and Ben 2012 have said. They have no reason to lie about it.

Doesn't Sonia announce that it's close at the beginning of the show? I'm sure that the result can be changed during the show when it's close. Why wouldn't it be?

I'm just going by what Mike Goldman and Ben 2012 have said. They have no reason to lie about it.

In previous openings of the show, they have shown the percentages and she's said things like 'Now someone is way high up the top, but the bottom two there are very close, and things could change so get your votes in now while you still have time.'

If they don't do that and she just rambles on about something without showing us a graph I figure the decision is already clearly decided and no voting during the show is going to change anything.

Well I have voted from the States for two years, Tim and David; but most of the US BBAU fans are Priya fans this year near as I can tell. Probably, because we are fans for openly strategic players due to how our bb miss.

It is your money, nobody can tell you how to spend it.

It is a game and fans will do whatever it takes to have the person they want, win. It is all fair

In previous openings of the show, they have shown the percentages and she's said things like 'Now someone is way high up the top, but the bottom two there are very close, and things could change so get your votes in now while you still have time.'

If they don't do that and she just rambles on about something without showing us a graph I figure the decision is already clearly decided and no voting during the show is going to change anything.
I think they aren't showing the percentages the last few shows? When was the last time we saw them? Can't remember. I was thinking they didn't want to show how far in front someone was, not how close it was at the bottom.

How is that an unfair advantage?
And why are you singling the Indian community over say, David's support base in the UK? or the Bondi surf crew who, would according to this logic, back Ryan?

Perhaps. I felt with X factor like it was somehow people in the Philippines that allowed Marlisa to win. Just trying to get her to win as she's from there. Look over majority of comments of people loving her and they were Asian.

While I do agree that the Asian fanbase helped Marlisa win, she also has a lot of non-Asian fans judging by the top comments on The X Factor Australia's Facebook page.

On the topic of people voting for their own ethnic group, sometimes this is the case and sometimes it isn't. I'm sure not everyone votes for their own ethnicity.

Back