Skip to main content

Post BB Housemate Antics - Part 5

Are the housemates back home or still in Sydney based on social? I only follow a few on IG (couldn’t stand some of them in my feed) so not keeping up.

I know that Angela, Marissa and Alan are still in Sydney as Angela posted a pic of them having lunch together today.

I know that Angela, Marissa and Alan are still in Sydney as Angela posted a pic of them having lunch together today.
Isn’t Alan from Sydney? He totally strikes me as a Sydney guy in sales / marketing, I thought he was, at least.

Angela is from Melbs and I assume Marissa as well.

Isn’t Alan from Sydney? He totally strikes me as a Sydney guy in sales / marketing, I thought he was, at least.

Angela is from Melbs and I assume Marissa as well.

Angela is from Perth and yeah you are right Alan is from Sydney. Marissa is also Sydney based.

Kieran posted a YouTube video basically summing up audition advice and answering people's questions about the show. A summary for those who can't be bothered watching.

- Kieran made his video in one hit, very hungover too
- Never post your audition on YouTube, you'll be cast aside immediately
- Make an impression in the first 15 seconds otherwise you'll be tossed to the side
- He got a call back 3 hours after his small group interview to come in for a one on one interview
- You have to be willing to play the game, he told producers he would do anything they told him to do
- Audition process takes a couple of months
- Don't be over-enthusiastic, they'll think you're trying too hard
- Don't be dull or monotone either
- He doesn't feel Dan and Mat bullied him, He got along with them great and he 100% feels the show gave them a really bad edit.
- He said he'd give more insight on him and Hannah in the future
Not bad advice, tho I don’t agree with the youtube advice, platform should not matter if you are good about what you do.

Just keeping it unlisted.

Not bad advice, tho I don’t agree with the youtube advice, platform should not matter if you are good about what you do.

Just keeping it unlisted.
Yeah he said unlisted is ok, but posting it publicly for everyone to see just says to the producer "Look at me, I'm gonna be on Big Brother, pretty pretty please pick me" and they hate that

See that was never ever a thing on the show at all - makes no sense to us as viewers at all. However it makes you wonder whether inside the house it actually was a thing and we just never got to see it. Even in a regular live series quite often they'd be things the housemates thought would be front and centre and everyone would be talking about - but outside of the house it meant nothing.

So... was she recruited into the show? Flown in just to take part? Hmm...
I believe she applied from the Netherlands, but did not have to go in for actual interviews. The production trusted they had the right person in Sophie, and she did not disappoint. This is according to something dhe said somewhere, “thank you for trusting/ believing in me” in reference to BB crew (paraphrased).

I assume she bought her own tickets.

Victorians like myself are already hatching ingenious ways to incorporate face masks into auditions.
Im just spinning ideas in my head but it may incorporate a bane mask from The dark Knight rises, scuba gear, a ukelele and some free form absinthe poetry.
Nothing concrete at this stage.Just musing and amusing myself.

Back