Skip to main content

Post BB Housemate Antics - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not even know about this ex gf let alone the thread. I'm seriously confused as to why this argument is happening in this thread... I'm blaming you, Reaper :p
I only knew about the thread because Michael bumped it earlier this year. And really I think any of us who know each other in here could make a fairly good guess at what our replies would've been had we been in there at the time. Like come on now. If anything - and I AM going to speak broadly about this forum now - BBB is probably more feminist and accepting than the majority of forums. I'm not even familiar with half the people posting in there but the ones trashing Michael's ex seemed to have either one foot in the grave or be off their meds to be honest.

Michael here's the thing that made me question what you posted earlier. You said as strangers they couldn't have apologised anyway but yet turn it around and the question becomes did your ex take comfort that there WERE people sticking up for her? In the very same shit thread, on the very same shit forum?

She may not have chosen to enter the public eye, but you did. And with that - especially in the days of social media - YOU opened her up to that scrutiny from the minute you chose to enter the house. You're obviously a media savvy guy so this isn't a surprise to you. Some of that may be positive feedback, some negative... but it's one of many reasons that many other people wouldn't even consider going on a show like that regardless of the reward. This happens when a footy player steps out with a new gf, an actor lands their big break, etc. BB HMs aren't an exception. It's not always pretty but there isn't a special bubble for reality tv contestants.

I only knew about the thread because Michael bumped it earlier this year. And really I think any of us who know each other in here could make a fairly good guess at what our replies would've been had we been in there at the time. Like come on now. If anything - and I AM going to speak broadly about this forum now - BBB is probably more feminist and accepting than the majority of forums.

Michael here's the thing that made me question what you posted earlier. You said as strangers they couldn't have apologised anyway but yet turn it around and the question becomes did your ex take comfort that there WERE people sticking up for her? In the very same shit thread, on the very same shit forum?

She may not have chosen to enter the public eye, but you did. And with that - especially in the days of social media - YOU opened her up to that scrutiny from the minute you chose to enter the house. You're obviously a media savvy guy so this isn't a surprise to you. Some of that may be positive feedback, some negative... but it's one of many reasons that many other people wouldn't even consider going on a show like that regardless of the reward. This happens when a footy player steps out with a new gf, an actor lands their big break, etc. BB HMs aren't an exception. It's not always pretty but there isn't a special bubble for reality tv contestants.
I was just going to post that there were people sticking up for her too. And I was totally siding with shell from that thread.

100% agree with your post, especially the last paragraph

@embee I feel we may be having a miscommunication and I don't think my point is getting across.

I don't have anything against you, or the fact you're upset or that you want to vent about it (even in this thread) - all I'm saying is a person reading the way it was written on twitter will think you meant that a majority of us are horrible people and that it is a horrible place even if that isn't what you meant - it could perhaps have been phrased better is all.

Anyway, good luck with your interstate project.

I only knew about the thread because Michael bumped it earlier this year. And really I think any of us who know each other in here could make a fairly good guess at what our replies would've been had we been in there at the time. Like come on now. If anything - and I AM going to speak broadly about this forum now - BBB is probably more feminist and accepting than the majority of forums. I'm not even familiar with half the people posting in there but the ones trashing Michael's ex seemed to have either one foot in the grave or be off their meds to be honest.

These are fair points, and by going in I do open up my friends and family to some unwanted attention. But it still doesn't make it ok, you know? If someone shat on my mums car, I'm aware that I probably opened the door - but I can still be pissed at someone for shitting on the Triton, ya feel me? And the sticking up for her bit.. well most of you seem well versed in mental illness. Some people can't see the sunshine because there's a speck of dust on their glasses.

@embee I feel we may be having a miscommunication and I don't think my point is getting across.

I don't have anything against you, or the fact you're upset or that you want to vent about it (even in this thread) - all I'm saying is a person reading the way it was written on twitter will think you meant that a majority of us are horrible people and that it is a horrible place even if that isn't what you meant - it could perhaps have been phrased better is all.

Yeah this was kind of my point too. But 'tis cool.

I got rid of the @BehindBB handle to try and make sure that didn't happen. But sure, I get what you;re saying and if you'd like, I'll remove it. Thanks for the well wishings. All the best in your reaper related duties - I hear in this day and age it's a good market to be in.

Look I have nothing to do with the Tully thing, I just replied, saw that some members were telling me to fuck off and that I had no idea about the internet (lulz) and I just came in to let you know why I thought those things.

Well if nothing else thanks for having the guts to come in and discuss it rather than just continuing to take shots on Twitter...especially when it seems your hatred of this forum stems from a few posters who started and participated in that thread rather than all of us (hence why none of us liked your broad comments on Twitter about the BBB posters).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back