Skip to main content

Post BB Housemate Antics - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
sandyjanenixon
1 hour ago
Watching early episodes of BB. Awkwardly watching me crush on sam.... Because he's heaps attractive and shiiiiit

10809726_1504936423111728_1112663593_n.jpg
I don't get it, Sam annoys the heck out of me and I don't see the good looks?? Am I weird?

Re Ed:It's not a leg? But it does look like a hand at the end instead of a foot.

It's an ugly photo anyway

Re Tahan: love that girl. She is so beautiful.

Re: Aisha and Travis: outside the house they are gorgeous.

Re Tim and Skye: hmmm. They could be good fun together.

Re: Jason. Why is he like this? He seems so needy. Even Ben wasn't this bad last year.

Re: Gemma: looking amazing and having fun. Good for her.

'The show is going to be therapy for me': Big Brother's Ben Zabel says his new comedy program has helped him after his prescription drug overdose
By Alicia Vrajlal and Laura Evans for Daily Mail Australia

Published: 11:26 AEST, 4 December 2014 | Updated: 14:23 AEST, 4 December 2014

• Big Brother's Ben Zabel says his new comedy show A Quiet Night In will provide the therapy he needs since his prescription drug overdose in November.

The 32-year-old, who became a household name after his stint on the reality TV show in 2013, has been resting at home since the episode which saw him admitted to Brisbane hospital.

However making a gentle return to the limelight the comedian, known for his dry humour and quick wit, spoke to Daily Mail Australia on Wednesday night from an Ambi Pur hosted event held at the Big Brother house on the Gold Coast.

Scroll down for video

23B474C500000578-2859986-image-a-3_1417652451828.jpg

'The show is going to be therapy for me': Big Brother's Ben Zabel says his new comedy program has helped him cope after his prescription drug overdose

'The show is going to be therapy for me, and it's going to be like a fun lovable exposé on the reality of reality TV.

'I want to tell people why I find it really odd that people take pictures of me grocery shopping,' he said at the event.

Mingling with the stars of this year's Big Brother Aisha McKinnon, Travis Lunardi, Skye Wheatley, Priya Malik and Lawson Reeves, Ben revealed the new show will premiere in December as part of Brisbane Powerhouse's Wonderland festival.

23B4752300000578-2859986-image-a-4_1417652742862.jpg

New beginnings: The 32-year-old's new comedy show will premiere in Brisbane in December as part of the Wonderland festival

23B4750700000578-2859986-image-a-5_1417652778931.jpg

Back in the limelight: The comedian is gentling returning to the limelight after a drug overdose saw him admitted to hospital in November

23B4756200000578-2859986-image-a-6_1417652834816.jpg

Support: The quick witted man says his family, friends and sense of humour have helped him through troubled times, pictured with Big Brother's Travis Lunardi at Ambi Pur's event

The reality TV star has been open about his on-going battle with depression and said of the incident which saw him admitted to hospital, 'I'd been strong for too long, it's really hard to explain something that's so irrational and a lot of it I can't remember.'

The Brisbane local described recent events as 'tough'.

'The only saving grace is I've always been when open about depression and anxiety so that has made things easier, in so far as it wasn't shocking so far as in the events.

23B4755100000578-2859986-image-a-7_1417652897044.jpg

New friends: Ben says this year's housemates sent him text messages of support when he was hospitalised, he is pictured here with Lawson Reeves

23B4751F00000578-2859986-image-a-8_1417653140024.jpg

Reality TV stars: Ben was joined at the event by Skye and Priya who looked glam in maxis

'But, I'm very aware that when you're in the public eye, when people do follow you, it becomes a teachable moment for people who are watching you in the way you face and deal with your challenges.

'It's really tough when mental health is such a private and inner kind of thing and you're living it in such a public kind of way, yeah it was an added pressure.'

At the time of the tragic event he uploaded an image of his hospital wristband with the message: 'Thank you to all the staff at Royal Brisbane' alongside the hashtags 'depression' 'anxiety' and 'overdose'.

The TV star has been taking small steps along the road to recovery and says support from his family and friends, as well as humour has helped him move forward.

23B475C600000578-2859986-image-a-9_1417653155201.jpg

Six screen stars! New and old Big Brother stars mingled together, Ben says he's in talks with Channel Ten about starring in a new show

23A00AD100000578-2859986-Bromance_Ben_and_Tim_Dormer_became_close_during_2013_s_series_an-m-19_1417653680106.jpg

Bromance: Ben and Tim Dormer became close during 2013's series and plan to head to Graceland in the U.S in January to film together

Ben Zabel and Tim Dormer's latest adventure (related)
    video-3822605853001-206_636x358.jpg

His close friendship with Big Brother winner Tim Dormer has been a source of comfort to him, he says the men have an opposites attract kind of chemistry.

'We have a mutual respect and admiration for each other... we bring out the frustration in each other and that equals comedy.'

The pair plan to head to Graceland together in January to film a new project, Ben also revealed that he's currently in talks with Channel Ten about appearing on the Studio Ten breakfast show.

He told AAP he's had very little contact with Channel Nine the network that hosts Big Brother since starring in the show, learning second hand that his time working for the channel had been terminated.

'I was doing it (Mornings) once a week and then I read in the newspaper that I wasn't,' he said.
    For confidential help, call Lifeline at 13 11 14 or visit Lifeline Australia.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...prescription-drug-overdose.html#ixzz3KtvbPlZE
I'm sorry, I know I'll cop it BUT Ben freaks me out. I still see him as a big baby Mummy's boy.

I'm sorry, I know I'll cop it BUT Ben freaks me out. I still see him as a big baby Mummy's boy.
Possibly his mental illness and terrible childhood make him a slightly damaged person that you can't relate to?

It's how we took our group shots of all the HMs before finale .. I have one
At Thansgiving someone brought one to take photos. They are very popular with Asian tourists in eastern Europe, according to her ( she lives in Vienna) I expect everyone will have one soon if just for group shots.

Surely hes been diagnosed with asparagus syndrome?
Is that Ben or Sam? Maybe you mean Ben because he is a vegetarian so asparagus syndrome would fit. ;)

Edit: just got mixed up because you were talking about Sam before. Anyway, time for me to go. Have a great day in Australia everyone!

Is that Ben or Sam? Maybe you mean Ben because he is a vegetarian so asparagus syndrome would fit. ;)

Edit: just got mixed up because you were talking about Sam before. Anyway, time for me to go. Have a great day in Australia everyone!
lol Ben

omgpriyamalik
1 hour ago
Hey Bushy, this backyard looks too bushy! #home #SendMeAGardener

10848296_770898199644517_159949619_n.jpg

Surely a strong contender for the "Funniest Joke Of All Time" award. The votes are yet to be counted, however...

The reviews so far -

* Arthur C. Pewty - No Idea:
"Possibly the most intelligent, insightful and splendiferous joke told in the last 2000 years. A must for her next sold-out show at the Sydney Opera House."

* Phil McCracken - The Monthly Rags:
"**** Five stars. The way she purposely misspelt her husband's name so it could be used in reference to an overgrown garden was tantamount to genius!"

* Don Burke - Burke's Backyard:
"Utter crap."

* Holden McGroin - The Daily Kerplunk:
"It was so funny, I nearly laughed."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back