Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angus O'Loughlin &#8207 [MENTION=34565]angu[/MENTION]s_OL 4m
I'm off sick tonight guys but my main man [MENTION=1]Tim[/MENTION]dormer is holding down the forte and I've text him saying "play confident" by [MENTION=29229]Justin[/MENTION]bieber

tim dormer &#8207 [MENTION=1]Tim[/MENTION]dormer 1m
I'm flying solo on [MENTION=6324]bump[/MENTION]show tonight while [MENTION=34565]angu[/MENTION]s_OL spends his night spray painting his toilet #foodpoisoning #badburito

So Timmy will be hosting The Bump Show tonight.

i thought she just said what he was doing (offering a computer or something, which he was) and that she thought it was cheating. How many people went off on eds family claiming they were cheats. I think she needs to pull her head in a bit and get over herself.
She also said Channel 7 were somehow involved (as if), as were Bottle-O, the V8 corporate body, etc. She made a lot of claims of "truths" that implicated a lot of people in some supposed mastermind scheme to have Tahan win. Sadly for her, she was wrong and now the girl who likes to think she knows everything about everything is going to get a very big lesson on what the actual laws are in this country and what happens when you not only make repeated baseless accusations on a public platform but you harass people ie Tahan, Xavier, Heidi and Jazz as well. Sucks to be her and it couldn't happen to a better person.

But Australia does have a distinction between civil and criminal law, correct? And whatever the deal is with Tahan/David and Leesa would be a civil matter regardless?
Yeah of course there's a distinction between civil and criminal law and it would be a civil matter. People are assuming Tahan/David are attempting to sue Leesa. I suspect it's more of a cease and desist letter listing the inaccuracies she's spouted as truth against not only them but several organisations. If she doesn't stfu then they have grounds for a civil suit. That's one of the things that always baffle me since moving here... so many people get on their high horse about the US and how they don't want Australia to be anything like it but then I hear this whole "free speech" thing thrown around when it quite simply doesn't exist here. Yeah the cops won't show up at your door for saying you don't like a HM or whatever but if you make accusations that could damage a brand or image - in this case David's, Tahan's, Channel 9, Channel 7, V8s, Bottle-O and whomever else she railed at - then you better have the proof to back that stuff up if asked for it. If not, you can find yourself in a hell of a lot of trouble.

Angus O'Loughlin ‏ [MENTION=34565]angu[/MENTION]s_OL 4m
I'm off sick tonight guys but my main man [MENTION=1]Tim[/MENTION]dormer is holding down the forte and I've text him saying "play confident" by [MENTION=29229]Justin[/MENTION]bieber

tim dormer ‏ [MENTION=1]Tim[/MENTION]dormer 1m
I'm flying solo on [MENTION=6324]bump[/MENTION]show tonight while [MENTION=34565]angu[/MENTION]s_OL spends his night spray painting his toilet #foodpoisoning #badburito

So Timmy will be hosting The Bump Show tonight.

Yay finally something fun tonight. I will stay up and listen. I like Angus but Tim doesn't get to say much when he is there, so this will be great.

She also said Channel 7 were somehow involved (as if), as were Bottle-O, the V8 corporate body, etc. She made a lot of claims of "truths" that implicated a lot of people in some supposed mastermind scheme to have Tahan win. Sadly for her, she was wrong and now the girl who likes to think she knows everything about everything is going to get a very big lesson on what the actual laws are in this country and what happens when you not only make repeated baseless accusations on a public platform but you harass people ie Tahan, Xavier, Heidi and Jazz as well. Sucks to be her and it couldn't happen to a better person.

seems to me that anything said was only noticed by those that frequent forums like this one and that the rest of the country would have no clue as to what has been said or implied, until now of course because this will bring it into the headlines. If bottle-o and the V8's had an issue i assume they would be suing her. Tahan signed up for big brother and she is never short of an opinion herself. She didn't have to engage in a twitter war with idiots. With all the real problems in the world it seems like an absolute waste to be so full of yourself that some fools opinion (which isn't even as offensive as some of the posts i've read here) is going to get so much attention. She needs a reality check, oddly enough. And lawyers will sue for any reason if they are being paid, look at the US, some of the most frivolous lawsuits imaginable. She wants to be in the public eye, she wont go far if she is going to sue anyone who has a bad opinion of her.

edit. just saw your other post, you are right about that, if it's just a cease and desist then i can understand her trying. But if she intends to sue then i think that's a bit rich.

Yeah of course there's a distinction between civil and criminal law and it would be a civil matter. People are assuming Tahan/David are attempting to sue Leesa. I suspect it's more of a cease and desist letter listing the inaccuracies she's spouted as truth against not only them but several organisations. If she doesn't stfu then they have grounds for a civil suit. That's one of the things that always baffle me since moving here... so many people get on their high horse about the US and how they don't want Australia to be anything like it but then I hear this whole "free speech" thing thrown around when it quite simply doesn't exist here. Yeah the cops won't show up at your door for saying you don't like a HM or whatever but if you make accusations that could damage a brand or image - in this case David's, Tahan's, Channel 9, Channel 7, V8s, Bottle-O and whomever else she railed at - then you better have the proof to back that stuff up if asked for it. If not, you can find yourself in a hell of a lot of trouble.

Yes. I didn't mean to sound argumentative! I guess what I was getting at is that the same would be basically true in the US, and people everywhere confuse the idea of free speech as a state/criminal matter with the right to say whatever you damn please without risk of civil or personal repercussions. Anyway. :eek:

seems to me that anything said was only noticed by those that frequent forums like this one and that the rest of the country would have no clue as to what has been said or implied, until now of course because this will bring it into the headlines. If bottle-o and the V8's had an issue i assume they would be suing her. Tahan signed up for big brother and she is never short of an opinion herself. She didn't have to engage in a twitter war with idiots. With all the real problems in the world it seems like an absolute waste to be so full of yourself that some fools opinion (which isn't even as offensive as some of the posts i've read here) is going to get so much attention. She needs a reality check, oddly enough. And lawyers will sue for any reason if they are being paid, look at the US, some of the most frivolous lawsuits imaginable. She wants to be in the public eye, she wont go far if she is going to sue anyone who has a bad opinion of her.
Again, I highly doubt Tahan and David are suing anyone. And considering Leesa's Twitter account was protected until a couple of days ago and is now protected again, I suspect something else happened to set this off now.

tee_smyth
6 hours ago
Happy Birthday to my favourite kitten, @ lil_zilla. Love you, you grot. ❤️

ad9e3586605311e39885122d78e4e495_8.jpg

tahny89
5 hours ago
Breakfast at Bondi with my beau @ daffidreynolds eating clean at #paleocafebondijunction #eatcleanlivelea

fab18754605a11e38215122b6fa72a6e_7.jpg

As far as the blogger Leesa(?) which I will have to go back and find the link and read. I can tell you that in my main forum in the US and through some related Twitter followers/followerees that there was an email address to Paypal with the US dollar amounts for 1, 10, 50, 100, 500, and 1,000 votes for Tehan. Not many of the main posters of years took it seriously. No one is going to unless they are basically, IMO, idiots send $'s to someone without receiving back a "true" receipt. Admin did take the thread down away after awhile. Ed also had an email for Paypal. WHO WON THE DATE WITH HIM? Just wondering.

I don't know about free speech in AU, but here in the US you have the right to give your opinion and unless Tahan or David have suffered from damages to their personal being, i.e, ability to work, loss of income, integrity, etc., very hard here to prove and get restitution. Constitution protects you. I really don't see from a US perspective any damages (I admit I have not read) from what they themselves have been "tweeting". I am technically a Lawyer here as I passed the Bar exam in 1989, yes I am old, but went into film production as it was far more lucrative for me at that time rather than starting out as a Jr Gopher as I called it with my friends at that time.

I will be interested to see what may come of a "action" in AU.

Last edited:
Yes. I didn't mean to sound argumentative! I guess what I was getting at is that the same would be basically true in the US, and people everywhere confuse the idea of free speech as a state/criminal matter with the right to say whatever you damn please without risk of civil or personal repercussions. Anyway. :eek:
You didn't sound argumentative at all! I got what you were coming from 100%. This is just one of those things that really picks my ass because I hear so much US and American bashing in this country and yet people want to quote a US law for things when it's convenient when in actuality it simply doesn't exist here. You'd have to do something pretty vile in either country to go to jail for it - although that guy going to jail over the voting thing in Australia is quite scary - but there is definitely not a freedom of speech protection in Australia that the US has.

I thought I would say something nice about each hm and show that I enjoyed all of them in different ways, so here it goes:

Ben- I liked his charisma and thought he was quite funny. He made me laugh the most when he was in his element, especially when he was around drew and Tim. He was the hm I wanted to achieve the most and gain the most. For me it was humbling to watch his caring nature and his sensitivity.

Boog- she is all about the fun and I like that she doesn't take things so seriously. Out of all the hm's, I would enjoy a night out with her more than anyone else. She was one of the most lively hm's of this year.

Caleb- he is a good guy. He wants companionship in his life and I hope he finds it. I like how he comforted those around him and seemed pretty easy going. He is a true hero too. He has one of the most rewarding and toughest jobs and for me that is enough to sum up his character.

Drew- he was the wittiest hm this year and his one liners were clever and interesting. I enjoyed his brilliant mind and the way he could bring out the easy going nature of those around him. He is also nice to look at :p His moments with Tim and Ben were some of the highlights for me.

Ed- I think ed really did try and do what was best in the house and I think he was careful to not upset anyone. Regardless of all the complaining I have done of ed, I do think he will be the best husband and father when it comes down to it. He has determination and that is a great quality to have.

Heidi- she was loud and brash and crazy all at once. I can see why she would make a great radio host and I can see why she was adored by other hm's. At times she did offer some great words of wisdom and it was at those times I really enjoyed her the most.

Jade- She has a gentle soul and one that keeps the hope of finding true love alive in her heart. I truly hope she finds this and that he does adore her the way she deserves to be. One of my fave scenes from bb was the snake scene and when she spoke Italian to bb. I enjoyed her with Tim the most. He kept her fun side alive and she kept his caring side alive.

Jasmine- she is a strong woman. She was outspoken and wasn't afraid to have an argument, which wasn't always a bad thing because it meant that she wasn't afraid to stand up in what she believed in- I think it's a good quality. She can rock a red shade of lipstick

Justynn- he came in with a bang and made himself stand out. He challenged and he wasn't afraid to rock the boat. I liked his gutsy performance even if I couldn't appreciate it at the time, but I definitely think there was more to him.

Katie and Lucy- they were good spirited girls that added a positive energy to the house. They always tried to keep the mood up and for that, I think, they added a dimension in the house that was very much needed. I liked that they smiled through it all.

Madaline- she is a very smart, determined and focused woman. It's good to see women like this exist. But it was her softer side I enjoyed most.

Matt- loyal and strong, but also very caring. Like caleb, his life in the army says more to me about his character. He displayed the man of integrity in the house. I really enjoyed watching him and will miss his tone of authority. He will make a great dad one day.

Mikkayla- strong, feisty, opinionated and loud. She really was the pocket rocket of this years bb. I appreciated her direct tone in taking control. She is a born leader so I'm thrilled for her new career in radio, because she does represent the everyday girl who has everyday issues and think many can relate to her. It's brave to follow your dreams and she did that. Good on her!

Nathan- one of the nicest gestures was to give up his spot for another. He was brave enough to leave and for that I congratulate him.

Rohan- there was so much more to this guy, he is quite witty and comes across as a fascinating man. I enjoyed watching his self realisation in the house and I'm happy that he gained something from this experience.

Sharon- she is a fascinating woman I think. Her life as a cop and now a family woman is something I wish we could have heard of more. I appreciated her out of the house the most because despite her early exit, from what I've seen, she has been nothing but a devoted mother and acted with class.

Tahan- she has a fighting spirit that was wonderful to watch and inspiring too. She has the never give up attitude and is passionate about standing up for herself. I appreciated her honesty in not sugar coating her feelings and that she persevered despite being nominated time and time again. I enjoyed watching her the most and one of my fave scenes is the cold bath scene. Beautiful and bold, but entertains too. For me, I see her as the wild flower that can't be tamed.

Tim- a brilliant mind! Entertaining isn't the word I choose to describe Tim. He is that, but so much more too. It was his beautiful soul that reached out to me. His love of all things in nature and his appreciation for the environment in today's fast growing technology world is so refreshing and inspires for a better place to live in. I'm thrilled that he has kept his wacky side intact after winning and that he uses his win to raise money for out homeland. Good on you Tim. Eccentric is the word I choose for Tim. But gentle is the other side of Tim that I loved.

Tully- she was this years misunderstood hm. I appreciated her outside the house most. I saw the beauty in her that other hm's like Tim saw a little too late, but I'm glad that I was able to reach that realisation. She is incredibly smart and I'm completely captivated by her now. You just have to read her blogs to know that there was more to this fiery and somewhat damaged personality.

Xavier- witty and clever, I enjoyed his dry sense of humour. He is also not afraid to speak the truth and doesn't hide behind confrontation but will get in there. He is the one hm I wished stayed longer in the house. I'll always enjoy his added humour relief in the house.

I read some of the first bit of that blog, and never went back - she is nuts.

And of course you can stop crazy people writing crazy shit about you - quickest and easiest would be to go her for stalking.
Get intervention orders etc.
Yeah you can do that for online stalking and shit.
Great big defamation/slander case would not be the first move. Intervention orders can have the power to stop you publishing anything online or paper based

She is damaging - half the dickheads on 9s site were quoting her after updates on Tahan.
And what a moron taking on a racing team and 2 television stations.

tahny89
5 hours ago
Breakfast at Bondi with my beau @ daffidreynolds eating clean at #paleocafebondijunction #eatcleanlivelea

fab18754605a11e38215122b6fa72a6e_7.jpg

OK I like to eat fairly healthy, but that juice looks like it would taste horrible. I thought that it is better for you to actually eat your fruit and veggies whole instead of in liquid form, something about chewing releases more of the good stuff. Oh IDK LOL.

No she's not, actually. It surprises me how many don't know that Australia does not have freedom of speech!

http://www.findlaw.com.au/articles/4529/do-we-have-the-right-to-freedom-of-speech-in-austr.aspx

From Wikipedia: Australia does not have explicit freedom of speech in any constitutional or statutory declaration of rights, with the exception of political speech which is protected from criminal prosecution at common law per Australian Capital Television Pty Ltd v Commonwealth.
Thanks for this and you are right, I didn't know this about Australia. But hey, I learnt something new today, so feel free to take pleasure in enriching my mind :)

[MENTION=34449]Inigo Montoya[/MENTION], thanks for the update on leesas account. Well the fact that she had to privatise her account days a lot ;)

Exactly. And unfortunately for Leesa she blew it all and now those "laws to protect a person's good name..." are coming back to bite her in the ass.

"Free speech comes from facts, not rumours, and the intention must be constructive, not to do harm. There are laws to protect a person's good name and integrity against false information. There are laws against saying or writing things to incite hatred against others because of their culture, ethnicity or background. Freedom of speech is not an excuse to harm others."

As Mrs Butterface has said it will likely be cease and desist letter.

Trouble is if they have engaged lawyers then they will have to make contact with the Host Site of her blog requesting her details to track her down. My guess is IF Tahan and David are going to go to that trouble and expense it is more likely being driven by David Sponsors or V8 Supercars who most likely have in house Counsel to handle this type of thing.

i don't think anyone of importance will be bothered with her little site so i don't think channel 9 or v8 racing will give a toss.

Imagine if Ben started hunting down all the people who claimed he was being favoured and that channel 9 was setting it up for him to win, or that he was a fake and liar etc. Or Tully going after people who claimed her relationship was fake etc. There are a lot of opinionated people here and i wouldn't be laughing if it were any of us in the firing line.

Wow this blogger/Tahan lawyer thing has really brought out a lot of information on here that I never have thought about before. Thanks everyone who has posted information here today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back