Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tahan as a youngster is adorable!

I'm so glad that she is doing something about leesa. I suspect it has something to do with David as well. And yes, leesa is entitled to free speech, but like some of you stated, defamation is a serious matter. So good for her!

Yeah, I think they'd have a hard time making a case that she crossed any boundaries re: Tahan, but given what David does for a living, baseless accusations (if they are baseless) of a propensity for cheating to win arguably could be potentially damaging. It should at least be enough to embarrass her into blogging more responsibly. Or not blogging at all would be fine with me too.

This dingo show showed how good David is as a presenter, I would love to see more of him on TV.

For sure. Farmer Dave was great in this and I really enjoyed the show and spectacular landscape footage.
Still looking damn good as well - he was always one of my BB faves. Such a lovely, unassuming guy.

Did a doubletake when I started watching though as I didn't realise who it was at first. Was a pleasant surprise when I finally twigged who it was .

Yeah, I think they'd have a hard time making a case that she crossed any boundaries re: Tahan, but given what David does for a living, baseless accusations (if they are baseless) of a propensity for cheating to win arguably could be potentially damaging. It should at least be enough to embarrass her into blogging more responsibly. Or not blogging at all would be fine with me too.

Absolutely. Leesa is taken seriously by many, and her accusations of David can have consequences on his profession in terms of future deals and endorsements. Leesa can be seen to be using her position to have her followers believe her nonsense. Like you said, even if it doesn't amount to much, hopefully it will stop her from blogging irresponsibly.

Btw, if anyone follows leesa or sees her twitter, can someone please post if she responds in anyway? Thanks :)

Ok, I don't care if some were actors, I don't care what he did to produce that show, that was the most entertaining, the best cast of housemates, the best Big Brother season EVER. I wouldn't change it for anything. And if he can come even close next year to the quality production of this one, well he deserves awards. Great job Alex Mavroidakis.

There is something to be said for finding beautiful talented people who can charm the butt off a monkey.
Great post and agree.

This years bb has been fantastic to watch and I like all the hm's in their own way, even the ones I may complain about.

Exactly. I find it to be such a ridiculous argument. Aside from the fact that this year's cast was pretty great as a whole, where exactly do they think they're going to find a houseful of people who 1) are appealing and engaging enough to make the show work; 2) want to be on television; but 3) have absolutely no media/entertainment aspirations beyond Big Brother? Dumb dumb dumb.

Absolutely. Leesa is taken seriously by many, and her accusations of David can have consequences on his profession in terms of future deals and endorsements. Leesa can be seen to be using her position to have her followers believe her nonsense. Like you said, even if it doesn't amount to much, hopefully it will stop her from blogging irresponsibly.

Btw, if anyone follows leesa or sees her twitter, can someone please post if she responds in anyway? Thanks :)

So after the fight the other week with Tahan, her twitter went private and a few days ago some people that I follow who sadly also follow the blogger we replying to her, so I had a look and her twitter was back to being public. Now after reading Tahans tweet today I checked the bloggers twitter again and it is back to private.

Sadly people in general are very stupid and will believe most things they read without using critical thinking and making up there own minds.

Last edited:
And so, what do you think it means?

It means that the state can't punish you for things you say or publish (with a few key exceptions, of course), not that you can say or publish whatever you want without any risk of civil or private consequences.

Ok, I don't care if some were actors, I don't care what he did to produce that show, that was the most entertaining, the best cast of housemates, the best Big Brother season EVER. I wouldn't change it for anything. And if he can come even close next year to the quality production of this one, well he deserves awards. Great job Alex Mavroidakis.

There is something to be said for finding beautiful talented people who can charm the butt off a monkey.

I think that the key innovation this year was to cast contestants who are intelligent and perceptive.

Actually I reckon that Leesa Little could be in a bit of strife if they want to pursue her. She not only accuses the Boyfriend of cheating but from memory she has a go at his sponsors and the V8 Supercars organisation themselves.

At the time she posted those I though she was treading a thin line.

so what does that mean for peoples opinions that have been posted here? Does that mean we could all be sued for our giant bitch fests about all the housemates? I think it's silly. So what someone who no one is interested in has a negative opinion of tahan. She really needs to rise above it all. Worse has been said about every famous person in the world on the internet and on blogs that are actually read by more than 10 people.

so what does that mean for peoples opinions that have been posted here? Does that mean we could all be sued for our giant bitch fests about all the housemates? I think it's silly. So what someone who no one is interested in has a negative opinion of tahan. She really needs to rise above it all. Worse has been said about every famous person in the world on the internet and on blogs that are actually read by more than 10 people.

What you say is true, but many Celebs have sued bloggers and gossip sites. Damages are not always financial, often an apology and a retraction of the offending material is enough.

She did go over the top with her cheating claims against Tahan and her boyfriend. To me it seems Leesa is just a silly girl trying to play blogger, but words published can have consequences.

Tahan as a youngster is adorable!

I'm so glad that she is doing something about leesa. I suspect it has something to do with David as well. And yes, leesa is entitled to free speech, but like some of you stated, defamation is a serious matter. So good for her!

No she's not, actually. It surprises me how many don't know that Australia does not have freedom of speech!

http://www.findlaw.com.au/articles/4529/do-we-have-the-right-to-freedom-of-speech-in-austr.aspx

From Wikipedia: Australia does not have explicit freedom of speech in any constitutional or statutory declaration of rights, with the exception of political speech which is protected from criminal prosecution at common law per Australian Capital Television Pty Ltd v Commonwealth.

What you say is true, but many Celebs have sued bloggers and gossip sites. Damages are not always financial, often an apology and a retraction of the offending material is enough.

She did go over the top with her cheating claims against Tahan and her boyfriend. To me it seems Leesa is just a silly girl trying to play blogger, but words published can have consequences.

i thought she just said what he was doing (offering a computer or something, which he was) and that she thought it was cheating. How many people went off on eds family claiming they were cheats. I think she needs to pull her head in a bit and get over herself.

No she's not, actually. It surprises me how many don't know that Australia does not have freedom of speech!

Care to elobrate? Well if we don't have freedom of speech it seems like the law is in Tahan and Davids favour :)

EDIT: looks like you already did :eek:

Actually I reckon that Leesa Little could be in a bit of strife if they want to pursue her. She not only accuses the Boyfriend of cheating but from memory she has a go at his sponsors and the V8 Supercars organisation themselves.

At the time she posted those I though she was treading a thin line.
I think some people forget at times that this is Australia and not the US. The concept of freedom of speech is an American one and is in fact explicitly stated in the US Constitution. Not so in Australia. I'm not sure why some people keep getting confused by which hemisphere they live in but you'd think the fact an Aussie was jailed for telling people to flub their voting ballots and Tony Abbott is currently wanting to repeal Section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act so people can legally say whatever racist shit they want without repercussion would be some sort of a clue.

i thought she just said what he was doing (offering a computer or something, which he was) and that she thought it was cheating. How many people went off on eds family claiming they were cheats. I think she needs to pull her head in a bit and get over herself.

If a lawyer has sent a letter to the blogger, Tahan and David must have some sort of legal ground to stand on.

I think some people forget at times that this is Australia and not the US. The concept of freedom of speech is an American one and is in fact explicitly stated in the US Constitution. Not so in Australia. I'm not sure why some people keep getting confused by which hemisphere they live in but you'd think the fact an Aussie was jailed for telling people to flub their voting ballots and Tony Abbott is currently wanting to repeal Section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act so people can legally say whatever racist shit they want without repercussion would be some sort of a clue.

But Australia does have a distinction between civil and criminal law, correct? And whatever the deal is with Tahan/David and Leesa would be a civil matter regardless?

if she can successfully sue someone for their opinion, no matter how ridiculous it is, then goodbye next years forums. No one would be stupid enough to post their thoughts on the housemates because it will be open season. For someone as opinionated as tahan is you would think she would know how to take it. Isn't that what she signed up for, what did she think BB was anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back