Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tully does in fact do well out of BB the irony will be that it is her detractors she'll have to thank. Their willingness to follow her on Twitter and Instagram and their glee in being involved in slanging matches keeps Tully in view. The Team_Drully tweet from [MENTION=37440]TravelSweet[/MENTION], which is foul, is typical of both sides when they engage. Evidence at the moment is that the 'haters' make a vitriolic comment and the Tully/Drully mob respond in kind. If only fans were following Tully, it would have significantly less media appeal.

I just wish that Drew & Tully would be more "fan conscience". They barely respond to any of their fans but will respond to the haters! Doesn't make sense. I've been so nice to them on Twitter but they never even say Thanks!

Am I asking too much?

No not at all Miki, you would think they would take time to thank the actual fans, even if it was a generic all fan bulletin. The sooner they ignore the reprobates the sooner they will find someone else to harangue.

PS re your pic on the other thread why is your skin so goddamn smooth and beautiful!!?

I don't think you are being unreasonable at all miki, I think they should focus on the fans they have and thank you guys than waste energy on the haters.

If Tully does in fact do well out of BB the irony will be that it is her detractors she'll have to thank. Their willingness to follow her on Twitter and Instagram and their glee in being involved in slanging matches keeps Tully in view. The Team_Drully tweet from [MENTION=37440]TravelSweet[/MENTION], which is foul, is typical of both sides when they engage. Evidence at the moment is that the 'haters' make a vitriolic comment and the Tully/Drully mob respond in kind. If only fans were following Tully, it would have significantly less media appeal.

Personally, I've never followed a public profile that I didn't like and I've never commented on one. No one gets a follow from me unless I think they deserve to have their follower number bumped up. But, yes, it is what many love to do and there are certainly benefits for the celebs themselves, I agree.

I just wish that Drew & Tully would be more "fan conscience". They barely respond to any of their fans but will respond to the haters! Doesn't make sense. I've been so nice to them on Twitter but they never even say Thanks!

Am I asking too much?
I'd say they're probably really busy however Drew had time to interact with some of the haters....
I'm surprised at Tully considering she's social media savy etc and has come across very professional.

Pretty sure 'stalker' Jade did a shout out to her fans:D

Am I asking too much?

I don't think it's too much to ask. Jade seems to be making the day of a few fans over at instagram. I think she may recognise the importance of caring about her fans and acknowledging them. As an observer it's really refreshing to see the love go both ways, or at least, the respect.

A general shout out would be good, but I can't say I really blame Tully for not responding very often to the nice tweets. Pretty much everything she posts attracts nasty replies, so interacting with anybody would probably only inflame the nutters. She does seem to "favourite" nice ones now and then.

Am I asking too much?
Yes, you are. Tully has 70,000+ Twitter followers. How on earth is she meant to decide which ones are most appropriate? By keeping her Twitter and instagram up to date, she is sharing as much as she can or needs to. I bet even the sainted Jade hasn't replied to all of her fans ;)

No not at all Miki, you would think they would take time to thank the actual fans, even if it was a generic all fan bulletin. The sooner they ignore the reprobates the sooner they will find someone else to harangue.

PS re your pic on the other thread why is your skin so goddamn smooth and beautiful!!?

Thick makeup LOL!

Great to see Ed busting his ass for Jade. Over at Instagram and twitter we see he's been cleaning the house, washing the car and going to the airport to pick her up. Good little bit of damage control, hope that's not the only reason tho....for her sake.

I'd say they're probably really busy however Drew had time to interact with some of the haters....
I'm surprised at Tully considering she's social media savy etc and has come across very professional.

Pretty sure 'stalker' Jade did a shout out to her fans:D

Yes, you are. Tully has 70,000+ Twitter followers. How on earth is she meant to decide wich ones are most appropriate? By keeping her Twitter and instagram up to date, she is sharing as much as she can or needs to. I bet even the sainted Jade hasn't replied to all of her fans ;)

Don't mean to be rude or argumentative but why do you need to use the adjectives when talking about HMs? They use twitter and the like because they want to, they are off our screens now, they choose to give snippets of information about their lives post being in the house so why would they consider continuing let alone respond to individual tweeters when the are still be referred to nastily - for want of a better word- as "saint jade" or "stalker jade". I'm just asking a question not meaning to upset anyone, you two are just the most recent examples, please don't take offense.

O/T, I have no idea how Social Media is viewed in AU compared to the US. We, including myself, as I am an Independent in the Production field and employ when necessary, (see thread from weeks ago have you met a HM) do at a minimum, usually the past year for me, but some companies up to the last 3 years forward in background checks look at all posts of applicants on, FB, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterist, etc, on and on to check personalities and behavior before hire.

I do applaud the many who I enjoy reading your posts here that don't even have Twitter, FB, et all, but sadly the young still in High School, University and such don't realize how it can here in the US (may be the same for AU) not only take their dreams away from schools they want to attend, but jobs they have dreamed of in the workforce as they continue going forward.

Social Media has it's place. Great to keep up with Fams and Friends, Promotions, but one derogatory post, not thinking in the moment, can shatter dreams. Happens all the time here now.

So my dear AU friends online here whom I love your opinions and your show, please please please make sure if you are a twittering and really love your jobs, etc., (if you may have something to lose) that you make new email addys that have no correlation back to your real person. Plus Niks, just share with close friends. I certainly do as for me and especially in my field ain't gonna even risk losing a new opportunity... Example only: Xavier, have no idea what he does now, would never be acceptable based on his tweets as an employer if checked, but as the HM's just left a season many will get a short buy for a time. If they get radio gigs, Scoopla such it is easier.

All those haters we speak of here in tweets may have their day. You can relish it. Just be careful. I was here last year. Different addy, different name, but after getting crucified by my negative comments towards "Ben" some blatant, well easier to start over. I would have anyway.

Educate your kids too. It is becoming the norm.

Last comment, even in a "minor" Production role you do not usually get to know the people, stars, whatever you want to call them on any sort of personal level. It is just a job and $'s in the end. They could give two shits about me as I them.

Latest report in News here this week:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/10/business/they-loved-your-gpa-then-they-saw-your-tweets.html?_r=0

Don't mean to be rude or argumentative but why do you need to use the adjectives when talking about HMs? They use twitter and the like because they want to, they are off our screens now, they choose to give snippets of information about their lives post being in the house so why would they consider continuing let alone respond to individual tweeters when the are still be referred to nastily - for want of a better word- as "saint jade" or "stalker jade". I'm just asking a question not meaning to upset anyone, you two are just the most recent examples, please don't take offense.
I have nothing against Jade, but she's been used here as an example of someone who is much more aware of her fans' needs. Colour me cynical but I doubt that as willing as she is, that she's replied to all, hence my use of 'the sainted Jade'. Sorceress is being tongue in cheek and certainly not unkind. I think our use of adjectives is directed more at other posters than at Jade, although I may well be being presumptuous about Sorceress.

O/T, I have no idea how Social Media is viewed in AU compared to the US. We, including myself, as I am an Independent in the Production field and employ when necessary, (see thread from weeks ago have you met a HM) do at a minimum, usually the past year for me, but some companies up to the last 3 years forward in background checks look at all posts of applicants on, FB, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterist, etc, on and on to check personalities and behavior before hire.

I do applaud the many who I enjoy reading your posts here that don't even have Twitter, FB, et all, but sadly the young still in High School, University and such don't realize how it can here in the US (may be the same for AU) not only take their dreams away from schools they want to attend, but jobs they have dreamed of in the workforce as they continue going forward.

Social Media has it's place. Great to keep up with Fams and Friends, Promotions, but one derogatory post, not thinking in the moment, can shatter dreams. Happens all the time here now.

So my dear AU friends online here whom I love your opinions and your show, please please please make sure if you are a twittering and really love your jobs, etc., (if you may have something to lose) that you make new email addys that have no correlation back to your real person. Plus Niks, just share with close friends. I certainly do as for me and especially in my field ain't gonna even risk losing a new opportunity... Example only: Xavier, have no idea what he does now, would never be acceptable based on his tweets as an employer if checked, but as the HM's just left a season many will get a short buy for a time. If they get radio gigs, Scoopla such it is easier.

All those haters we speak of here in tweets may have their day. You can relish it. Just be careful. I was here last year. Different addy, different name, but after getting crucified by my negative comments towards "Ben" some blatant, well easier to start over. I would have anyway.

Educate your kids too. It is becoming the norm.

Last comment, even in a "minor" Production role you do not usually get to know the people, stars, whatever you want to call them on any sort of personal level. It is just a job and $'s in the end. They could give two shits about me as I them.

Latest report in News here this week:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/10/business/they-loved-your-gpa-then-they-saw-your-tweets.html?_r=0
Great post. When I'm employing people now I check out their social media presence.The disconnect to resumes/interviews and their views expressed on twitter for example affect the decisions I make. It's not only blatant sexism, intolerance etc. but their 'passions' at times seem inappropriate to their desired role in their working lives.

I know this is random but does anyone have a link to the interview with Tim on Heidi radio show this morning. I tried to find the podcast but I had no luck.

Ive seen the HM's replying to fans, and Drew has replied heaps to his followers this past week. I'm sure he is getting bombarded with tweets we don't even get to read. Jade would also be social media savy from Italy's Next Top Model days. ..plus she doesnt seem to be getting sent much hate.
Tully and Drew have the most instagram and twitter followers out of the HM's, so I'm sure they will try to post updates when they can. It must be overwhelming getting out of the house and finding out all the dramas/hating that had been happening over the last few weeks and figuring out how to cope with it.
A guy posted that his wife,daughter and himself met Drew and Boog at Dreamworld and said
For what it's worth, both were VERY gracious and welcoming. Drews a big dude; must be 6' 2" and better looking in real life according to my wife. Oh and TV doesn't do Boog justice. She looks 5kg lighter in real life.

We should get some photos from the Vision Australia Light a Candle Launch tonight. JadEd will be there and Drew..any other HM's? and from the Tenpin Bowling functions tomorrow night in Melbourne and Sydney.
Tim and Drully hanging out on Thursday, and the final 3 meet and greets at Dreamworld.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back