Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
you clearly think it is your business so i suspect it is only those that think tully is cool and drew is dreamy whose opinions count to you. Like i said, fucking disturbing that people who don't know them personally, and only know the relationship based on the very unhealthy one we saw, are peeing in their knickers in excitement. Don't pass judgement then, so big of you, but feel free to call me sanctimonious since you are clearly above being judgemental. Or don't comment at all, seeing is none of our fucking business as you so eloquently put it.

Have you ever been in a healthy relationship? I question your frame of reference as you have called their relationship in the house unhealthy and toxic. Even if you don't like either of them as people, those characterization are crazy.

You are crazy. There was nothing toxic about their relationship in the house. They got along famously. I am sure you are confused as to what the meaning of the word toxic.

The only negative from their relationship in the house is they isolated themselves a bit due to enjoying each other's company. Again not toxic. It seems most of the Tully haters (who are most of the Tully drew relationship haters) have very skewed ideas as to how relationships work in the real world, or any world for that matter. Perhaps too many Harlequin Romance novels is a bad thing.

Feel free, though, to explain how you felt their relationship was TOXIC in the house.
Or maybe don't? [MENTION=31931]Jo-bot[/MENTION] has outlined the toxicity in his/her opinion in other threads. And then it will be added to with the ones who think Tully also physically abused Drew as well...
Aren't we all just going over old ground? I think new perspectives are great but rehashing the same tired stuff is futile. Mind you, Jo-bot seems to be 'peeing his/her knickers' to do just that. 'Fucking disturbing' really.

This was a comment under a photo of Tully & Drew on Drew's Facebook page:

Nikki C. "Drew- you can do sooo much better!!! Please... I saw you two arguing at the Star last night and she freaken pushed you and you kept following after her, then she fully snubbed that poor bloke who wanted a photo- she just stared at him angrily and walked off!! At least you turned back to look at him apologetically but you just kept on following. You deserve better!!!"

This was a comment under a photo of Tully & Drew on Drew's Facebook page:

Nikki C. "Drew- you can do sooo much better!!! Please... I saw you two arguing at the Star last night and she freaken pushed you and you kept following after her, then she fully snubbed that poor bloke who wanted a photo- she just stared at him angrily and walked off!! At least you turned back to look at him apologetically but you just kept on following. You deserve better!!!"
This was mentioned and discussed about 10(?) pages ago.

I really have to comment on a post above. Prior to going into the BB house in ANY country one has to pass full Psychological testing. BPD or a similar disorder would have been noticed as such disorders would show in standardized MMPI or other tests they would be required to take in AU and Tully would have been eliminated if she was diagnosed as such. They take this shit seriously. This was the first year for BBUS we saw/heard of HM's taking meds for ADD or Anxiety, however those are controllable and more common. I do take offense unless one is qualified to "label" any mental health disorder on anyone. Especially, if one has never interacted with such person. I volunteer with children and young adults who have and suffer taunts from peers about their mental health disorders. I grew up with a Mother who suffered immensely with depression and passed early in my life so I do not suffer fools who are backseat Dr's.
Ok, off my soapbox.

We saw two relationships in the house for what, maybe 7 hours a week and 30 mins a day of LF videos? BB chose what to show us for each episode. Did I come away with preconceived opinions, hell yes, but I also did not live in that house and see 24/7 (as I do in the US) so I don't know what truly is real.

I think Ed and Jade was not genuine and based on what I saw I can only hope Jade, if her dreams do get shattered, that she is strong enough to just let it go and continue with her life. For Drew and Tully, time will tell. I did see a connection, but I also saw her struggling with her feelings for Tahlia and heard her prior to Drew admit vaguely to some uncertainty. So who knows?

Time will tell. BBUS had showmances from the first episode and only one out of the 4 is still going, but that could end at any moment.

i don't understand why anyone would admire or look up to tully at all. I think as a friend she would be lovely, but the way she owned drew was disturbing. Drew seems like someone everyone would like, except when he was around tully. That's not her fault, that's his, but together they were horrible. And why grown adults would worship a "maybe" couple and get all bent out of shape at the thought that some people did not find that "relationship" a healthy one pretty much answers my original question.

**edit, my first sentence is based on what we saw in the house, on tv. Outside of the house she has seemed a lot more mature and quite likeable.

i don't understand why anyone would admire or look up to tully at all. I think as a friend she would be lovely, but the way she owned drew was disturbing. Drew seems like someone everyone would like, except when he was around tully. That's not her fault, that's his, but together they were horrible. And why grown adults would worship a "maybe" couple and get all bent out of shape at the thought that some people did not find that "relationship" a healthy one pretty much answers my original question.
I obviously can't assume why other people are supportive of Tully and Drew, but it is incorrect in my case at least to even suggest 'worship'. On the basis of what I saw and interpreted as the widespread victimisation and abuse of Tully in particular, and as a protest against people who believe they have the right to spew hatred, vitriol and lies in the crudest language, I will continue to support the relationship. It is more of a protest against hate and incivility although as a couple I think they may well be fine and I hope that they are.

His reaction was really sweet!

tim dormer ‏@timdormer 2h

@BBTeamJade awww it's beautiful!! That was not even set up you know! We were just walking back to breaky the other day!

Someone should post Mr Sticky's "Tim's Whimsical Imaginations" image to Tim from the Photoshop thread! I like he'd love it!

Do you know what page or when he posted it?

Jades coming to melbourne on tues!!!!!!!!!!!! I am from melb I need to do some serious stalking so I can meet ed n jade haha

His reaction was really sweet!

tim dormer &#8207 [MENTION=1]Tim[/MENTION]dormer 2h

@BBTeamJade awww it's beautiful!! That was not even set up you know! We were just walking back to breaky the other day!

I love that he re-posted it with "LOVE!".. very cute. Convo that followed, Tim's posts are in bold:

Diva Booknerd &#8207 [MENTION=29336]diva[/MENTION]inpyjamas 4h [MENTION=1]Tim[/MENTION]dormer @BBTeamJade Or a happy couple. Much more natural than the other card carrying one.

tim dormer &#8207 [MENTION=1]Tim[/MENTION]dormer 4h [MENTION=29336]diva[/MENTION]inpyjamas @BBTeamJade hahaa yeah I love it!!

celeste angela ‏@celllyangela 3h [MENTION=1]Tim[/MENTION]dormer @BBTeamJade why didn't you two hook up!! D:

tim dormer &#8207 [MENTION=1]Tim[/MENTION]dormer 3h
@celllyangela @BBTeamJade haha believe me I tried!

Reality Gaming ‏@AFLDTupdates 3h [MENTION=1]Tim[/MENTION]dormer @BBTeamJade she gold diggin ;)

tim dormer &#8207 [MENTION=1]Tim[/MENTION]dormer 3h
@AFLDTupdates @BBTeamJade hahaha probs

Haha ahh Tim, funny guy. I wish they would get together... They bring out the best in each other :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back