Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
....am i crazy or is there a ground swell of support for the most toxic, sad relationship i've ever witnessed on television? Tully was horrible on her own, they were both horrible together. Why would anyone worship these two as a couple? Yuck on so many levels.

Thank God! I thought I was the only one that felt this.

It's cause you get your head bitten off or attacked if you even question it.

If they're happy together and feel like the relationship is giving both of them what they want..... then really after the show it's no one else's fucking business to comment on it...I'll support whatever they decide as 2 adults....

I'm not going to pass judgement on either of them (like some sanctimonious people) based on an edited TV show in a massively stressful environment....

I'm sure they've heard plenty of criticism from family and friends who know them best (A lot of the other housemates seem pretty supportive of it, plus Drew's friends do)...and I think their opinion matters way more than any of ours...don't you??

you clearly think it is your business so i suspect it is only those that think tully is cool and drew is dreamy whose opinions count to you. Like i said, fucking disturbing that people who don't know them personally, and only know the relationship based on the very unhealthy one we saw, are peeing in their knickers in excitement. Don't pass judgement then, so big of you, but feel free to call me sanctimonious since you are clearly above being judgemental. Or don't comment at all, seeing is none of our fucking business as you so eloquently put it.

....am i crazy or is there a ground swell of support for the most toxic, sad relationship i've ever witnessed on television? Tully was horrible on her own, they were both horrible together. Why would anyone worship these two as a couple? Yuck on so many levels.

not crazy at all - it's sad to see

actually i find the focus on both 'couples' quite sad - they're really poor excuses for relationships
jade i don't think really appreciates ed for who he is - it's more what he brings to the table that matters to her
forcing a relationship on someone is not an act of love

tully and drew do not bring out the best in one another at all - they will wallow in their own misery together

maybe they can take some notes from tahan on how to be in a relationship and how to love someone

It's cause you get your head bitten off or attacked if you even question it.

haha yeah i just found that out...... still find it hard to believe anyone would find tully cool.....insecure, bratty, controlling....describes most of us at times, when we were 12.

If they're happy together and feel like the relationship is giving both of them what they want..... then really after the show it's no one else's fucking business to say whether it's good or bad..I'll support whatever they decide as 2 adults....

I'm not going to pass judgement on either of them (like some sanctimonious people) based on an edited TV show in a massively stressful environment....

I'm sure they've heard plenty of criticism from family and friends who know them best (A lot of the other housemates seem pretty supportive of it, plus Drew's friends do)...and I think their opinion matters way more than any of ours...don't you??

I bet they always had a lot of support, but the haters drowned it out. Now that they are out in the open and official, the supporters feel they can support without being beaten down.

actually i find the focus on both 'couples' quite sad - they're really poor excuses for relationships
jade i don't think really appreciates ed for who he is - it's more what he brings to the table that matters to her

tully and drew do not bring out the best in one another at all - they will wallow in their own misery together

maybe they can take some notes from tahan on how to be in a relationship and how to love someone

yes exactly, well said, not relationships to be admired at all. I'm sure they are all great people but why anyone would get excited about either of those relationships is holding the bar a bit low i think.

On twitter:

Rhiannon Bennett ‏@rhiannon_mastin 15m
Aww I asked [MENTION=27570]DREW[/MENTION]BB13 if him and [MENTION=27738]tee[/MENTION]_smyth are dating and his face lit up and he said yes

They are happy. Good on them.

you don't have to pay any attention to them, some people like seeing 2 people in love, others think watching them is like watching 2 trains about to crash into each other and some people just bitch about every step they take just to be sanctimonious

I think it's a bit excessive to say Jade forced it....Ed is a grown man and can make his own decisions.
That said she likes the idea of being with Ed and not Ed, I feel.

I bet they always had a lot of support, but the haters drowned it out. Now that they are out in the open and official, the supporters feel they can support without being beaten down.
We're still going to be beaten down, but I'm over caring about how morally outraged other people are. I do however care when words like 'slut' 'retard' etc are bandied around. So far this thread, unlike a number of others here has avoided that. The last laugh may well be Tully's I suspect...69,000+ twitter followers and 170,000+ instagram followers, both of course including lots of haters. The fact is though that she's highly visible and yes, dare I say it, influential. And who's cameoed on the front page of that rag the Sunday Telegraph? Yep, Tully and Drew... haters are going to have a field day :)

There was someone on here diagnosed with BPD and recognised Tully's behaviour in herself pre-therapy.

Tully exhibited classic BPD... Even out of the house whenever she's been alone she's tweeted about it. First night alone since I've been out- not good. Have to fly alone to GC. etc Hence why she was leaving the house, she dropped Drew and wanted to be back with Tahlia. Tahlia drops Tully. She needs to be back with Drew. If Drew goes away for an extended period, she would need someone else... unless someone can stay with her.

I also know or rather knew with someone with it. Actually a couple of people. One was a bf of a close friend. He would call from work every hour or so for reassurance from her. They have black/white thinking and have difficulty with constancy. My friend was incredibly patient and loyal.

Drew is extremely supportive and calm and I reckon he may have the skills to manage the mood swings. He just has to stop intellectualising her behaviour - there's no logic to it - and ride each situation.

She should never have gone into such a stressful situation as BB and somehow she slipped by the psych testing. What did they say on the finale? She was crying within 3hrs...

Last edited by a moderator:
This video explains a bit about how emotions can shift within seconds. This guy has BPD and makes interesting vids about it.

[video=youtube_share;Do6owMR1hSY]http://youtu.be/Do6owMR1hSY"]http://youtu.be/Do6owMR1hSY[/video]

I think it's a bit excessive to say Jade forced it....Ed is a grown man and can make his own decisions.
That said she likes the idea of being with Ed and not Ed, I feel.

Agree. Both of them bring a lot to the table. Jade owns property in Italy and a car. She told Ed that when her relationship broke up, that she paid off the house, then came to Australia.

I've loved reading people's point of view on these relationships. It's Fascinating and quite revealing. I'm shocked with myself really, that I went from being so disgusted by drew and tully and disturbed by the behaviour that I witnessed in the house, to (not supportive) acknowledging that there was a deep connection made between the two. I won't defend Tullys reactions to drew, not even a little bit. That was nuts! But I will say that she had a battle going on within herself, including knowing she was in a relationship, not handling the bb experience, feeling torn by feelings etc. so I guess I'm hoping she has seen herself and recognised she needs a attitude readjustment. She has since then been good on the outside and her and drew still hooked up even though they know the public perception and drews family are fully aware of it all. So yes I acknowledge there is something there between them and I am hoping that it won't be as toxic as it was in the house. I'm really hoping that it was heightened feelings being in a cooped up environment. I guess I'm trying to look for the best in tully like I do in people in general. Call me naive or stupid, it's fine, but at the end of the day you do need to wonder why family members seem ok with this relationship.

On twitter:

Rhiannon Bennett ‏@rhiannon_mastin 15m
Aww I asked [MENTION=27570]DREW[/MENTION]BB13 if him and [MENTION=27738]tee[/MENTION]_smyth are dating and his face lit up and he said yes

They are happy. Good on them.

They are just both so amazing, who cares about what happened. That's in the past - Drully are looking to the future! Love to them both, can't wait to meet them someday xxxx

Just to let you all know - Tully has left the GC now heading back home. No doubt Drew will follow once his commitments are finished.

Personally I think that the reason Tim and Drew can't stand Ed has nothing to do with Jade. If she wasn't in the house they still wouldn't get along with him. They are just opposite ends of the spectrum as far as personality goes.

Agree and disagree. They likely would never have been besties. However Drew and Tim were both close to Jade before the Ed thing started and they both believe Ed poisoned their relationships with her , which he did. On top of that they likely did not appreciate the way Ed strung Jade on in the house. So I think Jade's situation in the middle made Drew and Tim dislike Ed even more than they otherwise would. I suspect Tim and Drew will both be long time friends of Jade, long after Ed is gone.

You are crazy. There was nothing toxic about their relationship in the house. They got along famously. I am sure you are confused as to what the meaning of the word toxic.

The only negative from their relationship in the house is they isolated themselves a bit due to enjoying each other's company. Again not toxic. It seems most of the Tully haters (who are most of the Tully drew relationship haters) have very skewed ideas as to how relationships work in the real world, or any world for that matter. Perhaps too many Harlequin Romance novels is a bad thing.

Feel free, though, to explain how you felt their relationship was TOXIC in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back