Skip to main content

Oi eff off, eh trav

Just watched last nights episode "and thats why no one likes you Gemma" what an absolute immature d-bag!!!! I think the last time I heard someone use that to support their (lack of) argument was when I was in primary school!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

Just watched last nights episode "and thats why no one likes you Gemma" what an absolute immature d-bag!!!! I think the last time I heard someone use that to support their (lack of) argument was when I was in primary school!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

Yeah, make sense. He has the sense of a primary school kid. All he had to say was he didn't like her, which was fine and valid.

He really is the most obnoxious person I can remember being on this show. I have never disliked someone so much, so soon. I thought it was interesting when Tim began to ask him if he thought it was a good idea to act how he was, and it was sort of answered, but not fully. I think Tim was trying to hint to him that he's a dick and it's coming across that way loud and clear. Even if people think he's hot, what else does he have going for him? He's a self absorbed twit. Me cocky and intelligent. I mean give me something.

1) How do you know he thinks he is so fucking cool? Has he said it?
2) How was he a "cunt to a woman"?

1) Research shows that non verbal communication speaks largely , so from that the fact he is a male in his early twenties, lying in bed with two women draped all over him would arguably indicate he thinks he's pretty cool, no doubt his friends watching would be reacting that way. Further the fact he felt it necessary to retort to Gemma that "no one likes her" would signify that he thinks he is above her, that people like him but not her...further that it could be seen that he must think he's pretty cool to surmise that he is popular.

2) IMO the way he constantly touches the women in the household, with no regard for personal space or boundaries would indicate blatant disrespect for women - I wouldn't use the word c@#t however I would think that if it was David constantly feeling up the women, he would be seen as creepy and gross, but because it is Travis, its ok?​

Just popped in to say: best thread title, ever.

And, on topic: Travis appears about as emotionally mature as a pineapple. He's going to struggle with the "reveal" of the newly normalised David - his stranglehold will shift from the two fluffers, to the imaginary stave of power he carries with him in a nanosecond. The meltdown will be the most riveting three minutes of television this year.

As insufferable as I also find Gemma, I really hope Travis or Lisa are the first to go. Simply because their horrified realisations that they ain't really all that would be the most enjoyable thing to happen so far this series.

I've tried to give Travis a chance, but last night I gave up.

The way he acts as if he was born to be the cool guy that everyone should like, the way he spoke to Gemma and even his blunt 'Why did you pick David' to Tim- like he needs to know and be involved in everything in the house.

Travis is the kind of guy I'd stay far away from back in high school.

Travis is one of the most genuine people in the house. He says what everyone else is thinking.

"That's why no one likes you"
"Why did you pick David?"
"Yeah, they sag a bit"

Everyone was thinking it, he was the only one with the non filtered balls to say it.

Also laying in bed with Skye and Aisha, all the other guys were thinking it (Possibly even Sandra too), he did it.

The way he acts as if he was born to be the cool guy that everyone should like, the way he spoke to Gemma and even his blunt 'Why did you pick David' to Tim- like he needs to know and be involved in everything in the house.

He's getting worse as they settle in, he's getting comfortable and feels his place as the alpha is settled.

I want to strangle him. :rage:

Can a housemate please stand up against that inglorious prick? Anyone?

I hope Gemma will regenerate her 'powers' on the second go at him and be more savage towards him.

It is that if Travis wants it to happen, people let it happen. If Gemma does, she is ignored. This frustrates Gemma.
I'm sure Gemma is frustrated, but you've particularly pointed out that "people" let it happen.

And considering this is a thread that is potting Travis, how come, in this scenario, where it is "people" who are frustrating Gemma, that Travis is in the cross hairs?

1) Research shows that non verbal communication speaks largely , so from that the fact he is a male in his early twenties, lying in bed with two women draped all over him would arguably indicate he thinks he's pretty cool, no doubt his friends watching would be reacting that way. Further the fact he felt it necessary to retort to Gemma that "no one likes her" would signify that he thinks he is above her, that people like him but not her...further that it could be seen that he must think he's pretty cool to surmise that he is popular.​

The conversation was prompted by Gemma talking about her confrontation with Lisa beforehand, and most likely wondering why "nobody likes her".

This led to Travis using a specific example, asking why Gemma said the thing about him and Aisha being fake. Gemma says because she thinks it is. He responds with "and that's why no one likes you".

People constantly on this forum say "well, she's made her own bed", do all these people also believe they are better than Gemma?

2) IMO the way he constantly touches the women in the household, with no regard for personal space or boundaries would indicate blatant disrespect for women - I wouldn't use the word c@#t however I would think that if it was David constantly feeling up the women, he would be seen as creepy and gross, but because it is Travis, its ok?
If there was a problem, wouldn't we have heard about it?

I don't know how you can it's disrespectful to women as to how he's "touching them" when you're sitting behind a keyboard, on the couch, watching, while the ones who are getting touched haven't even said anything!

And again, to my post beforehand, you've said that it's unfair that if David were to do it, he'd be called creepy and gross. How does this particularly place Travis to blame, if, in this hypothetical, that someone else (not Travis) were to call David creepy and gross?

He asked Tim that qeustion because obviously Tim has outside scoop on who is popular!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back