Skip to main content

Nominating the dog...wtf!?

I'm not sure where all this hate is coming from.

I thought it was hilarious. I cracked up laughing big time. I remember saying out loud, "what a legend".

Maybe it's a nerd thing. I guess that's why all my friends are fellow nerds.

I think he tries too hard to be funny which definitely makes it unfunny. You can tell he put a lot of thought into his spiel and it fell flat.

He takes me as the kind of person like Jake, probably a nice guy but he's trying SO hard to be cool.... And it's painful to watch.

Richard was trying to be funny by nominating dog, hoping that viewers would think he's funny and vote to save him but he just came of as a wanker. The funniest part though was when BB didn't even comment on the nomination, he just let it pass.

Would have been nice for you to watch the rest of the show before making a stupid thread and spreading your hate agenda on something that didn't even eventuate and was clearly a joke.

I didn't find it especially funny, but .... take things way too serious much?

Fair enough. Yeah I should have paid attention to the whole show. Doesn't change the gist of what I said though ie a)Richard is a douche b)the producers have bastardised this season and treat us like imbeciles

Since when was listening in on another HMs diary-room entry deemed acceptable behaviour? BB this year has been farcical. I'm actually starting to not enjoy BB anymore which is a massive shame & let down.

I don't like Lina's humour either. She strikes me as someone who would make weird, obscure "jokes" about things (like spongebob) that no-one else would 'get'...then look down on said people for not being sophisticated or obscure or intelligent enough to 'get' the joke. Several housemates have already commented on her strange sense of humour.
her sense of humor may be lacking but her rack is #BANGIN!

I think Richard's joke was the type of joke you make when you know you are probably going to be one of the next housemates evicted.

His idea (nominating a dog) was funny. Thought his delivery was tasteless and pathetic.

Ryan would've been a good one to make that nomination, or at least someone who's naturally funny. Jason would've been good (if he were in the house).

Richard is wooden. I cringe when he talks. Yet you'd expect me to see him making a joke? :yuck:

Agreed. The boys' club yet again. It makes my skin crawl. And Lina has mentioned it, the blokeish mentality. She said they talk about women in a derogatory way. It's quite scary how much sexism is still alive & well in our culture. Imagine what they don't show.

I think the kind of humour Lina is upset about would probably be the misogynist things that don't get shown. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Especially how they will 100% be able to get away with it this year due to lack of footage. The hms are probably aware that if something is of an R rated content... it won't be seen by the public.

her sense of humor may be lacking but her rack is #BANGIN!
...funny how you say that.

I think he's a bit out of his comfort zone, he's probably used to how his real life friends would react to his jokes. I missed it though, I thought he said Penny and that Wikipedia had his nominations wrong, and then I was confused when he gave a third nomination.

I think the kind of humour Lina is upset about would probably be the misogynist things that don't get shown. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Especially how they will 100% be able to get away with it this year due to lack of footage. The hms are probably aware that if something is of an R rated content... it won't be seen by the public.

Yes, I got the impression the clip they chose as an example for Lina's nomination wasn't really representative of what she was talking about. She obviously meant something more than the tame example they used.

I think he's a bit out of his comfort zone, he's probably used to how his real life friends would react to his jokes. I missed it though, I thought he said Penny and that Wikipedia had his nominations wrong, and then I was confused when he gave a third nomination.

Yes, I got the impression the clip they chose as an example for Lina's nomination wasn't really representative of what she was talking about. She obviously meant something more than the tame example they used.
Exactly. I think you may be spot on... Which unfortunately paints her as a bit of a prude to most viewers judging by the weak example they used during the episode.

What Richard did tonight was fucking stupid, childish, totally un-funny and try-hard in the extreme. Feelings on Richard aside though...what I couldn't get over was the fact that BB let him do it. Once upon a time, housemates would be punished relatively harshly for not taking nominations seriously. The production team have bastardised the show almost beyond recognition...but bastardising the game is a different scenario entirely. They take us for fucking idiots, really they do. What would happen if, had Dickhead nominated properly, his 1 point may have changed the outcome? How would you feel being the evicted housemate and knowing that improper nominations were allowed? SMH...
YEAH I GUESS HE THOUGH THAT WAS FUNNY????

Fair enough. Yeah I should have paid attention to the whole show. Doesn't change the gist of what I said though ie a)Richard is a douche b)the producers have bastardised this season and treat us like imbeciles

Agree with you on point a, agree with you on point b.

I considered it well thought out and enjoyed it, however his delivery was less enjoyable. It went through my mind that perhaps it was an in joke made with his mates before entering the BB house.

Back