Skip to main content

Nine's next big stunt: Surprise Eviction (Mon, Sept 29) & Intruder Special (Wed, Oct 1)

I think that 1 housmate is evicted and 1 housemate is saved on Monday. On Tuesday 1 housmate is saved again and the last two housmates who have the lowest votes will have their fates decided again by the other housmates, same as Gemma and Jake last time.

Something to take note of is the lack an s in "Intruder" - maybe they're just knocking off an extra original housemate on the surprise eviction, then replacing them with a single intruder during the intruder special?
Yeah they might send one in next week and then send another one in the following week like they did in 2012.

So it's just gone back to singles - how about them (and us!!!) settle into that for a while and let us get to know them as individuals. The environment of the BB house is a pressure cooker enough to draw out personalities (or highlight those lacking) without these external prods and pushes. Give us a break for a while and just let us see genuine interaction before shoving more people in and making it about them.. :bang::bang:

Imagine if they just stopped broadcasting BB and those inside had no idea. Come eviction time, a taxi rocks up -no fanfare or anything.

BETTER yet what if they were just left there and forgotten???O_O then after two months of nothing we watch them revolt, turn on each other and start going all 'lord of the flies' up in that bitch ... now that's a show!

In the meantime BB is now about events rather than the characters, for some reason 9 think we don't want to see real interactions, just lame games, scripted dinners and "shock" twists.

BACK ON TOPIC -
When does the viewer have control???!!!!!

We should be given a list of three intruders and the public votes for who they want to see in there

Why are intruders a stunt when they been a part of big brother since the very first season?

So soon in a series and clearly a last minute response to poor ratings makes it a stunt in my view. :)

Imagine if they just stopped broadcasting BB and those inside had no idea. Come eviction time, a taxi rocks up -no fanfare or anything.

Funny you say that. Wasn't that how Channel TEN/Southern Star looked at the very first series? I'm sure someone on the crew said words to the effect of "we all thought in a few weeks we be telling the housemates to pack up and go home, nobody's watching" ?

I actually find it interesting to read this article before the 2012 started and how it's come full circle:

http://neoskosmos.com/news/en/alex-mavroidakis-australias-big-brother

Particularly:

"Towards the end of its past life - as it was on for eight years - you really have to try and keep people interested and we were guilty of throwing too many twists and tricks," he says adding that the previous housemates had become complacent and sat back waiting for the next task thrown at them from Big Brother. This season he says the housemates themselves will be the ones to create the show. It's watching what they do next without any prompts from the show that can be so fascinating."

Back