Skip to main content

New Off Topic Thread ..... (Everyone: please be nice)

Here are the buds.....can't find that article, will try to post it tomorrow.....gotta run, goodnight all

a697ef24c66f0234f872100e72d670d5.jpg

I am thinking Arabic. The language intrigues me.
that would be good for work purposes. I suck at learning languages! I studied French at school for three years I still couldn't put a sentence together to save myself! There looks like there are some apps. I wonder too if there are some things like migrant services or something where you can actually find local groups so you could converse with others in the language as a way to learn?

that would be good for work purposes. I suck at learning languages! I studied French at school for three years I still couldn't put a sentence together to save myself! There looks like there are some apps. I wonder too if there are some things like migrant services or something where you can actually find local groups so you could converse with others in the language as a way to learn?

study french? which means you would be able to understand tina arena on her french albums.

I understand. I am sort of similar, ha ha. I know a lot of Japanese. Some things in French and Portuguese as well. I find language learning enjoyable.

I know there are $300+ courses out there for 20 hours of language learning.

I understand. I am sort of similar, ha ha. I know a lot of Japanese. Some things in French and Portuguese as well. I find language learning enjoyable.

I know there are $300+ courses out there for 20 hours of language learning.

how do you remember all that? i couldn't remember it.

Nothing beats aural and verbal in learning languages.
Stuff the how to learn books and correct grammar usage.
Long time ago my late father was transferred for work from Australia to England for two years.
I joined school in England in grade 6 and french was taught with nary a book in sight. All spoken and auditory.
I came back to Australia and continued french for school and aced it fortunately because of that method of learning.
At that time it was clunky headphones and voice recordings but today so much is open for us.
Still. Like plunging first thing into a swimming pool without hesitating, you will never learn more than by going to the country of the language you want to learn cold and spend two weeks there.
Those two weeks represent about 5 years worth of "studied" language. Slight exaggeration I know.
I speak seven languages. English obviously and my parents native tongue which is northern european.
Learnt french and Indonesian at school. Took it upon myself to try and learn spanish and japanese.
And Im claiming latin as my seventh cos I loved studying it as its the prototype for nearly all modern language.
And cos I love spouting latin phrases when tipsy and making my own latin verbal slant on modern day happenings when feeling particularly free and frisky.

Oh dear. I am rambling. I just love language. The evolvement. The existence. The history of what it represents. The fact dialects tho dying still exist in theoretically a world that can easily adopt one universal speak.

Still rambling. Humbly apologise.Fuzzy Fridays.
I think I will try silent contemplation of the sheer childlike wonderment i have of language and leave you people in peace.
Sapere aude

So @kxk , how would you classify reepbots behaviour towards ykw on here? Clinger, stalker or otherwise?

It is so confusing now. :hilarious:

guilt, sorrow, the fact that she reminds me of members of my family, no closure on the question if she and i would get on in real life or if she is just really good with people, the fact that i keep on writing her in my stories whenever i write a woman character, and the fact that whenever i see her post i feel a surge in my brain.

Back