Skip to main content

New Off Topic Thread ..... (Everyone: please be nice)

i borrowed a book from the library entitled "Secrets of Happy Relationships" which gives you 50 pieces of advice. I am going to post one piece of advice each day. And you can say whether you agree or disagree with it.

Ok, the first one is....

Relish the scope and diversity of love.

Agree or disagree??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Kind of vague, what does it mean to you?
Different kinds of love?
Love for a child, love for your mother, romantic love, love for humanity, love yourself, love a higher power.
How does that effect a relationship?

Kind of vague, what does it mean to you?
Different kinds of love?
Love for a child, love for your mother, romantic love, love for humanity, love yourself, love a higher power.
How does that effect a relationship?

i think it is vague so people can put their own interpretations to it.

what does it mean to love yourself? i've never understood that term.

i think it is vague so people can put their own interpretations to it.

what does it mean to love yourself? i've never understood that term.

I take it to be confidence, happy about who you are, being kind to yourself, accepting compliments instead of false modesty.
If you know you are good at something it is fine to be proud of it.

I take it to be confidence, happy about who you are, being kind to yourself, accepting compliments instead of false modesty.
If you know you are good at something it is fine to be proud of it.

that sounds like a good explanation.

though i am terrible at accepting compliments. but i don't do the false modesty thing. i just say thanks.

Reactions: kxk
i think that i might build my own cruise ship. about seventy feet high and five hundred thousand feet long.

there will be a tina room, an octopus room, a love room, a hate room, and a room for jugglers.

Reactions: kxk
all dating sites have been blocked from my computer. something to do with protecting against viruses.

there is probably a way around it. always is.

but i am taking it as a sign.

a sign that the curse still lives on

a curse ever present.

it still lives on

I'm addicted to cruising - for my holidays! I think you would definitely get sick of it if it was an all the time thing. I met an elderly couple on one cruise that had been doing it for two years with just a couple of small breaks. With the same company, on the same ship. All the staff knew them by name and they displayed a sense of ownership to other passengers. But it can't have still been fun - surely.

The longest cruise I have done is 14 days but I reckon I could handle a month, but no longer.

Back