Skip to main content

New Off Topic Thread ..... (Everyone: please be nice)

What are the top 3 greatest achievements of humanity?

I say-

Inventing the printing press.

Theory of relativity.

Magna Carta.

What will our next greatest achievements be?

Language, Antibiotics, anaesthetics - I would be dead at 3 otherwise, or if I survived that accident, dead at 9.
And without language life is hardly worth living.

How some kids have to be brave just to get to school

Yes medical advancements are an awesome achievement of humanity.

Like you i would probably be dead when i was a baby if it wasn't for how we have come in that field.

More of kids making their way to school around the world - freaky scary routes

Pupils Crossing A Damaged Suspension Bridge, Lebak, Indonesia

schoolkidsenroute-wcth07-640x495.jpg

Schoolchildren Climbing On Unsecured Wooden Ladders, Zhang Jiawan Village, Southern China

schoolkidsenroute-wcth04-640x601.jpg

Kids Traveling To A Boarding School Through The Himalayas, Zanskar, Indian Himalayas

schoolkidsenroute-wcth06-640x426.jpg

Kids Flying 800m On A Steel Cable 400m Above The Rio Negro River, Colombia
schoolkidsenroute-wcth09-640x431.jpg

schoolkidsenroute-wcth10-640x431.jpg

125-Mile Journey To A Boarding School Through The Mountains, Pili, China
schoolkidsenroute-wcth21-640x429.jpg

Pupils Walking On A Tightrope 30 Feet Above A River, Padang, Sumatra, Indonesia
schoolkidsenroute-wcth22-640x400.jpg

schoolkidsenroute-wcth23-640x400.jpg

Elementary School Students Crossing A River On Inflated Tire Tubes, Rizal Province, Philippines
schoolkidsenroute-wcth25-640x477.jpg

schoolkidsenroute-wcth24-640x448.jpg

schoolkidsenroute-wcth20-640x426.jpg

schoolkidsenroute-wcth17-640x418.jpg

Holy moly, i can't imagine how scared they would have been going down those dangerous routes every day.

Freaky isn't it?
And how gorgeous and wonderful are these kids, and how much they value education.
I wonder if there are casualties? Luckily most kids this age are a bit fearless, but OMG.
Inspiring.

Freaky isn't it?
And how gorgeous and wonderful are these kids, and how much they value education.
I wonder if there are casualties? Luckily most kids this age are a bit fearless, but OMG.
Inspiring.

that picture in China with those kids on a side of the mountain was probably the most frightening one.

at least some of the others had like stuff they could hold onto.

if those kids slipped they would have nothing but rock.

i found an asperger's centre. unfortunately it is in brisbane. it seems like everything good for me is in brisbane with the asperger's centre, the cinemas, the women and the general atmosphere.

I imagine they just have those in major cities, reepbot, travel and check it out.

Ridiculous things MPs have charged us for

A TRIP to a holiday destination that facilitated the purchase of a luxury apartment, chartering private planes for trips at least six times the cost of the equivalent domestic commercial fare, and lavish parties with high-profile business identities are among the charges to the taxpayer that have landed sidelined-frontbencher Sussan Ley in hot water.

But these hardly rank among the most outrageous expense claims parliamentarians have had Australian taxpayers foot the bill for.

Taking advantage of loosely defined expense definitions and privileges rarely seen in any other line of work, our highest ranking MPs have made a habit of making claims most Aussie workers never dream of getting away with.

And it’s not just politicians who are permitted to take advantage of the loose expense guidelines, which the government is under pressure to rein in, but their families as well.

continued here http://www.news.com.au/finance/econ...r/news-story/c1caca4a5bfdb40464510aaae3a54b28

What a lot of bullshit from pollies, clearly reform could be easy as pie - they do not want to give up dodgy perks.
1. Helicopter flights - banned, none of you are that important, nothing you do is that urgent
2. charter flights - banned see above
In case of national disasters, PM, deputy PM, treasurer and minister for defence are exempt from above ban.

General, ban limos, taxis and uber will do, PM can have a driver.
Flights - all pollies should fly economy unless the flight is over 3 hours.
Done.

And Hockey - you can't claim a pension and a salary, he currently gets his retirement package, and his 300,000+ salary.

PS anyone else sick of running around looking for the right thread? Posting general stuff, and topics to discuss here instead.
Fair enough some stuff like music etc have threads, but we have branched out way to specifically, and I am too lazy to flip around,

I imagine they just have those in major cities, reepbot, travel and check it out.

A TRIP to a holiday destination that facilitated the purchase of a luxury apartment, chartering private planes for trips at least six times the cost of the equivalent domestic commercial fare, and lavish parties with high-profile business identities are among the charges to the taxpayer that have landed sidelined-frontbencher Sussan Ley in hot water.

But these hardly rank among the most outrageous expense claims parliamentarians have had Australian taxpayers foot the bill for.

Taking advantage of loosely defined expense definitions and privileges rarely seen in any other line of work, our highest ranking MPs have made a habit of making claims most Aussie workers never dream of getting away with.

And it’s not just politicians who are permitted to take advantage of the loose expense guidelines, which the government is under pressure to rein in, but their families as well.

continued here http://www.news.com.au/finance/econ...r/news-story/c1caca4a5bfdb40464510aaae3a54b28

What a lot of bullshit from pollies, clearly reform could be easy as pie - they do not want to give up dodgy perks.
1. Helicopter flights - banned, none of you are that important, nothing you do is that urgent
In case of national disasters, PM, deputy PM, treasurer and minister for defence are exempt from above ban.

Done.

And Hockey - you can't claim a pension and a salary, he currently gets his retirement package, and his 300,000+ salary.

PS anyone else sick of running around looking for the right thread? Posting general stuff, and topics to discuss here instead.
Fair enough some stuff like music etc have threads, but we have branched out way to specifically, and I am too lazy to flip around,

i will check it out.

problem is that it is a bit too far away to make it a regular trip.

though there is like an autism centre on the gold coast. but i think that deals with younger kids.

i saw a couple of interesting pieces about autism in adults from some videos. these videos were from like four or five years ago but are still relevant today. it talked about how once they turn 21 they are on their own. and some of them have issues that their parents can not handle.

for example some of them can't be left unsupervised because they have no sense of danger or direction.

Maybe if you check it out, they could have contacts for useful stuff closer to you???
Or at least you could attend meetings or whatever via skype/phone in???

Men Discuss Things Considered 'Feminine' They Wish They Could Do

An hilarious Reddit feed asking men what they would do if it wasn't considered so 'feminine' or socially 'unacceptable' has delivered some both heartwarming and hilarious answers.

The responses range from quilting to wearing yoga pants, leaving us scratching our heads to why they don't just do it anyways. Life's to short to miss out on those piña coladas.
The answers on the feed are surprisingly heartfelt, it appears some men just want the chance to experience some of the more sensitive pleasures of life and why shouldn't they?
"I bought some fleece long underwear that are more or less a male equivalent to fleece-lined leggings. I told my wife I now 100 percent understand why she wears yoga pants and leggings at every available opportunity," one Reddit user honestly explained.

Jokesonyounow
964 points3 days ago

Compliment a girls sense of clothing And or wear it myself. They have so many choices. It's not fair.

woodwalker700
729 points3 days ago

Sundresses, man. When it's hot as shit outside those things look like heaven.

I'm not really worried about proving my manliness or whatever, I'm secure in myself, but I think wearing dresses is a bridge too far.

One user had some sound advice for men that are worried about doing things because they are deemed 'traditionally feminine'.

"I recently took up sewing. People are surprised sometimes, but no one actually cares... I say go for it, man. It's just building shit in a different medium," the user wrote triumphantly.

>....................................................................................................................................................................................

Interesting discussion, I wonder why men don't fight to wear what they want? Cross dressers should just step out.

As women have had to fight to wear trousers, fight to wear practical stuff, fight to throw away all that restrictive crap from past centuries.

And men in lots of cultures actually wear dresses, more robes but still - better for big bellies too.

But don't you think males are long overdue expanding and liberating their wardrobe choices???

Done.

Bloody politicians. Always interested in number one and not the people who elected them to this position.

Have you heard about the centrelink fiasco? another nail in the coffin of this incompetent government.

But don't you think males are long overdue expanding and liberating their wardrobe choices???

I am also not that interested in fashion. i am more interested comfort. but i do so agree that men can and should be able to choose what ever clothes they may desire.

The inequality of wealth in this world will surely doom us all. We must all stand up against this horrible injustice. I put my faith, however misguided, in giving Trump a chance to prove himself.

Reactions: kxk
Back