Skip to main content

New arena being built

Amazing what can be achieved with sea freight containers :wideyed:
It truly is! I worked on a pop-up show a few years ago that was housed inside what appeared to be a beautiful cabaret-style theatre, but was actually built entirely out of almost a hundred shipping containers!

Who'd have thought they'd be so versatile?!

Seems very interesting. Is this being built up where they had that big white marquee last season?

On the topic of the containers I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they cut out camera runs into them. They are perfect structures for that!

Last edited:
Just kidding the photo is actually a COVID fort I'm building for when civilisation collapses.

The fort does include an arena.

It truly is! I worked on a pop-up show a few years ago that was housed inside what appeared to be a beautiful cabaret-style theatre, but was actually built entirely out of almost a hundred shipping containers!

Who'd have thought they'd be so versatile?!
Was that on the Mornington Peninsula? If it was, it was truly spectacular.

On Big Brother 2021 i honestly cant wait to hear: This is Big Brother, all housemates to the arena please!

Some shots of the new arena have surfaced (thanks to @marquisite). You can see a graffiti-style mural on the walls with a huge eyeball and some words - I can make out a “let’s play”.

I’m very intrigued by the visual aesthetic. It doesn’t really match anything else we’ve seen from the series so far.

The shipping container arena: (looks to be the same site where a pop-up marquee was last time?)
View attachment 56151
View attachment 56152

So if this is replacing 'The Basement', I wonder what they'll be using that space for?
Unless a new tenant has moved into that section?

So if this is replacing 'The Basement', I wonder what they'll be using that space for?
Unless a new tenant has moved into that section?
It's actually not that close to the main house, I think it's safe to say it won't be used.

Back