• Welcome to the discussion forums. To get posting, register an account. You can also register with your Facebook or Twitter login.

New arena being built

the Theorist

Over-thinker. Over-analyser. Over-complainer.
Awesome site donor
Amazing what can be achieved with sea freight containers :wideyed:
It truly is! I worked on a pop-up show a few years ago that was housed inside what appeared to be a beautiful cabaret-style theatre, but was actually built entirely out of almost a hundred shipping containers!

Who'd have thought they'd be so versatile?!

matts bb

Always Watching 👀
Seems very interesting. Is this being built up where they had that big white marquee last season?

On the topic of the containers I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they cut out camera runs into them. They are perfect structures for that!

Last edited:

Tim

All seeing pink butthole floating in space.
Staff member
Administrator
Just kidding the photo is actually a COVID fort I'm building for when civilisation collapses.

The fort does include an arena.

Sephrenia

Priestess of the Goddess
Awesome site donor
It truly is! I worked on a pop-up show a few years ago that was housed inside what appeared to be a beautiful cabaret-style theatre, but was actually built entirely out of almost a hundred shipping containers!

Who'd have thought they'd be so versatile?!
Was that on the Mornington Peninsula? If it was, it was truly spectacular.

Gayspie

On Big Brother 2021 i honestly cant wait to hear: This is Big Brother, all housemates to the arena please!

the Theorist

Over-thinker. Over-analyser. Over-complainer.
Awesome site donor
Some shots of the new arena have surfaced (thanks to @marquisite). You can see a graffiti-style mural on the walls with a huge eyeball and some words - I can make out a “let’s play”.

I’m very intrigued by the visual aesthetic. It doesn’t really match anything else we’ve seen from the series so far.

The shipping container arena: (looks to be the same site where a pop-up marquee was last time?)
View attachment 56151
View attachment 56152

rj90

Yeah, Nah.
So if this is replacing 'The Basement', I wonder what they'll be using that space for?
Unless a new tenant has moved into that section?

Kingston

Canadian Royality
So if this is replacing 'The Basement', I wonder what they'll be using that space for?
Unless a new tenant has moved into that section?
It's actually not that close to the main house, I think it's safe to say it won't be used.