Skip to main content

Neighbours Discussion Thread

Who was the beardy bloke who ended up at Toadies place I didn't recognise him?
Edit: I got it but have forgotten his name.

Last edited:
They need to end it with with a sequel to Bouncer's dream.
Literally have not seen the show in decades.
But from a very old school perspective, Id love to see nell mangel ritually slaughtering everyone in ramsay street. Police finally apprehend her but are a loss as to understand how she is still alive.
Until one observant erinsborough detective rips the mask off "nell mangel" to reveal none other than Craig Mclachlan.
And he is summarily sentenced to death by public stoning.

Joel, that's who it was.
Joel as played by Daniel McPherson?
I remember him, and as the host of several other shows.

I haven't watched anything but the ads, but will record the finale and ff through it to see the comebacks and what happens at the end.

So... probably a bit too late to start watching this show then huh?

(I have never watched a single episode.. ever. Same goes for Home and Away, Sons and Daughters, Cop Shop, Young Doctors, A Country Practise., you name it...)

Who was the beardy bloke who ended up at Toadies place I didn't recognise him?
Edit: I got it but have forgotten his name.

Joel as played by Daniel McPherson?
I remember him, and as the host of several other shows.

I haven't watched anything but the ads, but will record the finale and ff through it to see the comebacks and what happens at the end.
Yes, I didn't even recognise him on the show last night, but in a flash back I did, but couldn't remember his name (as in character)

Does anyone know if the latest eps are available in HD on mirc or another form to download? Would be good to have copies of the last week or two with all of the "returnees" If so please PM me!

Does anyone know if the latest eps are available in HD on mirc or another form to download? Would be good to have copies of the last week or two with all of the "returnees" If so please PM me!
No idea but they're on catch up, so you'll find them there to record.

Well that storyline with Izzy and Mal was a waste of time!
No idea who Mike was.
It's not inspiring me to miss anything. It's actually quite uneventful so far.

I thinkToadie will be the one itll be sad to say goodbye too, and i did like Kyle and Roxy.
Paul and Terese ❤

Last edited:
Very underwhelming, I hate to say.
Then I couldn't imagine it being much else having watched it to the end.

It had its day, but I do see a spin off happening!

As someone who hasn't watched in 20 years, I watched the finale mainly to see the returning actors.
I enjoyed seeing Kylie and Jason, Mike and Jane, Nats Bass and Imbruglia.
Most changed in appearance were Rebekah Elmaloglou and Jessica Muschamp.

The storyline was extremely underwhelming and undramatic, bordering on boring.

Paramount+ ;)

They have the entire year in true HD, watermark-free, and all the episodes are split individually as intended (not merged into the 40-60min long versions, as was aired on TV and currently on TenPlay).

Last edited:
Oh well another aussie icon has left our screens again. I haven't really watched Neighbours for many years but I thought they would have at least shown a bit more of the old opening and closing credits during it's last ever episode. They could have featured the full lengths of the opening themes over the various years in my opinion. I also didn't like the end credits at all where they just cut and chopped the various ending credits it just sounded dodgy and cheap and like it wasn't done well at all. I mean c'mon this was a show that was on Australian tv for 37 years and I think it could have shown a bit more of the older themes and some clips for some nostalgia. Anyway I guess channel 10 is done and dusted with it and I also think I saw more tv ads during this finale than the actual Neighbours tv show!

The one thing I would have probably done differently was to have used one of the original cars that were used for filming back in the day (of course not the exact same car from then but a nice example of one for use in the finale filming). Like for when Kylie and Jason returned back to Ramsay street after all those years it would have been so nostalgic and cool to have them turn up in their original Holden Kingswood station wagon that they drove away in when they got married all those years ago on the show. I had to look back at some old film clips on youtube and I noticed that Kylie had left the show back in the day in an old green Mini Minor. That might explain why they used a new modern green Mini in the finale? Anyway I would have gone full nostalgia and gone with a classic aussie car like the Holden Kingswood in that final scene seen as Kylie and Jason both turned up together. Anyway that's just my opinion and being a classic car enthusiast I would have loved to have seen a return of some of the classic cars that were used back in the good old days in the last episode.

The only thing I do remember from when I was younger is that where that court is located in the Neighbours set was located not far away from where the old channel 10 studio building used to be located in Nunawading, Melbourne. I remember as a kid we would sometimes drive down Springvale Rd and you could see the channel 10 building was just off the main road there. I am just thinking that may have been a reason why they chose to film at that location because it was close to the channel 10 building back when Neighbours started back in the 1980's.

From what i've been reading some of the Neighbours filming sets were still located somewhere around that old site at Nunawading? I didn't think they used any of that old place anymore for many years now? Anyway no doubt this land will all be sold now to a developer to create more high rise horrible ugly units and just bulldoze away more Australian tv history like with most things done around this place nowadays... :(

Last edited:
Back