Skip to main content

My thoughts on Ryan winning

My thoughts on Ryan winning...
Thank god it wasn't Skye. Excuse my language but fuck her as we say in NY.
I've tried to contain my growing disdain for her but it was amplified by her walking out to her crazy realization that she was a celebrity. That is all people like her and Leo wanted. To be idolized. Ryan and Travis showed far humility in one episode than this fame whore could amass in a lifetime. It;s insulting to peoples intelligence to read how so many fell for her ACT. In real life she is not a struggle-to-form-a-sentence-bubble-head-because-I'm-like-cute-innocent-clumsy-fashionista.
I've watched and been a fan of Big Brother USA since the first season. This was the first BBAU season I caught thanks to a recommendation and I'm glad. Australia does it right. I will now go back and watch 2013 season. In USA we tend to find many annoying houseguests each year. Australia seems to have more genuine people and it lends to less contrived interactions in the house.[/QUOTE
We say 'Fuck You' in Australia too...

That raises a point which has been bothering me which may or may not be what you are referring to. How much of the eviction voting figures are correct and how much are they doctored, if at all, by the producers to evict certain people at certain times depending on being nominated. The nomination process is transparent of course as we see it happen but we really don't see the voting as such. We are just shown the numbers.

I would like to think that votes are counted by an independent source, it would be the only fair way to do it.

Having said that, do we even know if they're counted by someone not affiliated with the show? Also, whats to stop the producers saying "we'll give you $100 each week if we can tell you who we want to save/evict".

I had no problem with the votes when we saw more footage from the show, but this most recent series I refused to vote, I felt it was pointless.

Remember, more people voted for someone other than Ryan to win, than voted for him to win.

Ryan only got 37% of the votes for the final.

As a lot of people have said, 'they'd have rathered Skye or Travis. Here in lies the problem and I mentioned this in my thread. He cruised though not having to do much and the way they ran the show this year. He didn't even need to win a majority of votes to win.

He just symbolizes all that was handled badly with the season. The season with the least content from the house. Where the housemate was provided the least content of the little we saw won. Lame.

Also apparently he'd just jerk off infront of the cameras in the toilets. That's pretty fucking gross.

Also apparently he'd just jerk off infront of the cameras in the toilets. That's pretty fucking gross.
All of the guys did this (each with their own way of doing it in there). Masturbation is completely normal.
Where else do you suggest he/they could do this in the house? The toilets are easily the most appropriate place.

All of the guys did this (each with their own way of doing it in there). Masturbation is completely normal.
Where else do you suggest he/they could do this in the house? The toilets are easily the most appropriate place.

Not saying anything is wrong with masturbation, but you are in a house with cameras. Not attempting to hide it, pulling you cock out and jacking it in the open is a bit strange.

Not saying anything is wrong with masturbation, but you are in a house with cameras. Not attempting to hide it, pulling you cock out and jacking it in the open is a bit strange.
The toilet isn't exactly 'in the open'. The camera is in top corner of the cubicle, there are not glass panels all the way around.
Just like pooping, they don't film this stuff to air. The main reason to have cameras in the toilet is as a duty of care measure.

You're trying to make something out of nothing.

Why stop there, better make sure they don't have a rich boyfriend, or a childless rich Uncle or rich Grandparents. It might be a good idea to call in the actuaries too in order to calculate their earning potential if they're a student. haha :wink:
Ha! Oh, and don't forget the infallible method of determining personal wealth by sighting their underpants from afar. :thumbsup:

You all could have had a great winner this season, no on wanted Skye or Travis to win before and people were insulting them saying they wanted Ryan to win, now people are complaining. Watching Ryan's eviction package I got no excitement, it was so boring... housemates just giving him compliments, however Skye and Travis' packages were epic (mainly Skye's), you truly saw her struggles and victory. Skye played the game strategically, her mind was constantly on the game and she always voiced who she wanted out and was very calculative yet why now people are only realising this? Travis was a HM that had a heart of gold and people didn't want him to win because he was a 'bogan'? Hm... both their personalities were infectious tbh. I think if Skye didnt get so cocky she would of had it in the bag, even she said this. Yet we got Ryan as a winner (Travis and Skye were big fans of BBAU).

If this show had constant streaming and was aired a lot more Trav or Skye would of definitely won since Ryan did nothing at all the whole season, his win was due to lack of content and a snoozefest season anyway. We had great housemates

That's why 13 of the HMs he actually lived with 24/7 voted for him in their straw poll!

xo

:kiss:

Yes but in consideration he was somewhat in an alliance with most of them at one time or another.:angelic:

For me, the big issue is that while he may have been the most deserving winner the show blew it by focusing on story lines instead of what Ryan was doing which made him so popular with the housemates. Thinking back to when they showed him wearing Pennys' extensions and played on being "Mullet Man" which was pretty funny, I bet he did stuff like that all the time and BB just chose not to show it.

If this show had constant streaming and was aired a lot more Trav or Skye would of definitely won since Ryan did nothing at all the whole season, his win was due to lack of content and a snoozefest season anyway. We had great housemates

As he did so little, as he made the edit so little, there was less obvious stuff for people to dislike.

I still think it goes back to people don't pay much attention. There was plenty of discussion on here about a lot of really mean and nasty aspects of his personality. They only directly came out a handful of times in the season. Far apart. However I simply think due to how little content, people that weren't really following, simply didn't pick up on the more subtle ways he was an arrogant dick through out the season. Where as Travis and Skye who are big and loud, front and center and so it's a lot easier to dislike them, or be put off by them even if casually watching.

Compared to Travis though, Ryan was a complete arsehole, but I think people were put of Travie by aspects of his personality that weren't bad traits, but annoying traits. These were just front and center.

Maybe this is some great strategy. I just think it was purely a combination of how badly the show was run and how little content we got.

Anyway he did only need 37% of the votes to win and despite his followers suggestions. This is not a majority. I don't believe he would have won if it was him versus either just Skye or just Travis. He lucked through it.

Why stop there, better make sure they don't have a rich boyfriend, or a childless rich Uncle or rich Grandparents. It might be a good idea to call in the actuaries too in order to calculate their earning potential if they're a student. haha :wink:
Its not just about having a rich family with Ryan cause I'm sure people in past seasons were rich, I mean George didn't win his series did he? But he also has very strong connections to the industry including channel 9 and its unfair like how you enter a competition and the conditions are must not be affiliated with it in any way should apply to BB.

Its not just about having a rich family with Ryan cause I'm sure people in past seasons were rich, I mean George didn't win his series did he? But he also has very strong connections to the industry including channel 9 and its unfair like how you enter a competition and the conditions are must not be affiliated with it in any way should apply to BB.

Where did the 'rich' rumours even come from? I noticed on his father's Instagram that he's a hairstylist. Unless he's a hairstylist to the stars, I'm not sure he'd be rolling in it.

I thought his only connection to the industry was with him auditioning for The Block and his friend Nathan? I haven't paid much attention this season though so I really don't know. The problem is where do you begin and end with excluding people who have connections.

Back