Skip to main content

MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites

Thanks for that Meglos.
I haven't got around to watching last night's ep yet. will have to try and squeeze it in before BB tonight.

Well, two failures in the kitchen in just two days. I did Julie's Coq Au Vin, renaming it, Vegetarian Sausage Au Vin. I liked it, but my partner reckoned it was too similar to other recipes I've done with veggie sausages, so not so unique.
And then Billie's (I think) Spanish Shellfish Stew, which I did with prawns, tuna and Atlantic salmon instead of shellfish. Bad move. The prawns worked, but the tuna and salmon turned into chewy lumps! Anything but fish could have worked, but it was pretty bland.
Boo! I hate kitchen criticism!
I'll stick to my other recipe sites!

Last night's dish looked yummy and I'd love to try it but there's no way I'm preparing all that shell fish let alone 99 ingredients and wading through a recipe that rivals War and Peace!

Montana has left the building .
She's done well.
And Mel was wearing an outfit from her Princess Leah collection last night!

Family visits *yawn*
I don't really see what the point of having them there was and then not using them to critique or score the dishes.
And I don't believe for a second that the contestants cook fancy food like that for their families.

Family visits *yawn*
I don't really see what the point of having them there was and then not using them to critique or score the dishes.
And I don't believe for a second that the contestants cook fancy food like that for their families.
I found myself fast forwarding most of it today.
I bet they don't either.

Family visits *yawn*
I could do without family visits but I still get teary watching them. Don't know what's wrong with me tbh...because I'm not usually overly emotional.

I think some of the point is to throw them off their game...and it worked on a few...namely Aldo.

As soon as Billie said what she was going to cook I shook my head...not sure if it's because I hate coriander or if I just couldn't see it working.

Julie has said that she doesn't cook "fancy" food for her boys and I doubt the others do it on a nightly basis either...but maybe once a week. The rest it's probably cheese toasties! Haha!

I like fresh coriander in small doses in the right dishes.
Never understood the Big carrot and coriander soup fad that happened a few years back.

I regularly get a combination chicken and pork (the pork crackling is amazing, sorry vegetarians) Banh Mi.
But I always say no thanks to the chilli and coriander they offer to put on it.

And back to the stinging nettles .. how embarrassing posting that in the wrong thread!
I know you saw it Meglos!
It's a fault on my phone, it sometimes jumps back to the last thread I'd posted in rather than the one I'm looking at to post in for some reason!

Back