Skip to main content

MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites

How boring fruit salad!
I'm not a massive fruit eater, and I would have no inspiration, or desire, to make anything with fruit.
I don't even like Middle Eastern recipes with fruit in them, soo Julie's fruit salad curry would be a definite , no thank you!

Nothing to chat about right now ... I never quite get this bidding war 🤔

Edit: okay, I sort of get it now.
I know I've seen it before, but had forgotten how it works

Last edited:
Yum bugs, yuck tripe.

It really is the Julie Goodwin show.
I think she was great, but this whole season is an exercise in building up her confidence.
After emphasising she had never won a pin, there was no way she wasn't winning it tonight.
Personally the meat was far too pink for me, but these days everyone prefers it that way.

It really is the Julie Goodwin show.
I think she was great, but this whole season is an exercise in building up her confidence.
After emphasising she had never won a pin, there was no way she wasn't winning it tonight.
Personally the meat was far too pink for me, but these days everyone prefers it that way.
Totally agree on all points. I like pink lamb but not rare lamb...not pleasant in the mouth...and it did look rare to me.

AND they also refer to her as "Julie Goodwin" all the time when the rest of the contestants are mainly referred to by their first names with the occasional exception...like tonight "Mindy Woods".

Last edited:
Totally agree on all points. I like pink lamb but not rare lamb...not pleasant in the mouth...and it did look rare to me.

AND they also refer to her as "Julie Goodwin" all the time when the rest of the contestants are mainly referred to by their first names with the occasional exception...like tonight "Mindy Woods".
Yes,I think that's why I subconsciously referred to her by her full name too, because that's what they are doing on the show.

Haha! I was cooking Thai chicken cakes for dinner tonight...and I got distracted and forgot I'd put them on! Result...burnt Thai chicken cakes! Melissa, Andy & Jock would love them! Me...I think I might drag some chilli con carne out of the freezer!

I think I'd have gone with chicken...I can cook it in heaps of different ways. Not confident enough with fish and I only know to roast pumpkin or make soup with it.

I'd have to have used the pumpkin, as I'd not be able to fillet the snapper, and I wouldn't use the chicken.

I'd have to have used the pumpkin, as I'd not be able to fillet the snapper, and I wouldn't use the chicken.

What would you have done with the pumpkin Feb? I'm always interested in using veggies different ways because I often get tired of eating meat...I probably only eat it twice a week.

Back