Skip to main content

MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites

Tonight saw the return of 'caramelised'.

I think they let Daniel off really lightly as it wasn't an elimination so didn't matter anyway.
But there was no way that tommy rough that was sticking to the hibachi was the same one that miraculously transformed into 3 beautifully cooked portions that would have been a contender for the win if only he had included the freeka.

I've never hear of Tommy Rough before. I've heard of Orange Roughy, but never Tommy Rough.

Did anyone see the thing they've been advertising that was on at 7.29 pm, before Monday's episode???
I did and yeah the attempt by The Project to make out it was "breaking news" was lame even for Pete Helliar.
Tonight saw the return of 'caramelised'.

I think they let Daniel off really lightly as it wasn't an elimination so didn't matter anyway.
But there was no way that tommy rough that was sticking to the hibachi was the same one that miraculously transformed into 3 beautifully cooked portions that would have been a contender for the win if only he had included the freeka.
Haha yes "caramelised".

Agree about Daniel and they even told him not to do it same for Tommy but he listened.
I've never hear of Tommy Rough before. I've heard of Orange Roughy, but never Tommy Rough.
Me either. But then again I'm no fish expert. I only know the old basic kinds of fish.

I've heard of tommy rough.
I think it might be more common in SA.
It's small and boney and not really worth the effort.

I can't stand any stinky fish with bones.
I have no idea why people eat sardines, they are cat food

Same here
I don't mind sardines. But can't remember when I last had them.
Certainly not a regular thing.
I like canned sardines on toast with vinegar or lemon juice occasionally...but that might be only once a year...or two...or five. Haha!

I didn't get a chance to watch last night's episode today after work as I had the Superannuation woman around for a quick chat which turned into a marathon conversation, half of which went right over my head! So will watch tomorrow before tomorrows episode!

So keep posting away. I'm not worried about hearing what's happened before I get there.

I didn't get a chance to watch last night's episode today after work as I had the Superannuation woman around for a quick chat which turned into a marathon conversation, half of which went right over my head! So will watch tomorrow before tomorrows episode!

So keep posting away. I'm not worried about hearing what's happened before I get there.
I hope you had plenty of wine to help you understand the gobbledygook!

About last night...Julie's dish did look yum but she should have stuck to what she knows and is good at. BUT i get confused about what the judges want at times too so I pity the contestants. On one hand they bang on about "restaurant quality" and "fine dining" and on the other they bang on about "traditional home cooked fare" so what DO they want?

There was supposed to be an enforced blackout in SA at 9 but it never came.

I watched this afterwards but fell asleep before the end.

I assume Julie won with her horrible fruit salad curry?

The food this year is really strange, and the more unappealing it is, the more the judges seem to like it (see Montana using cucumbers and chilli's as fruits).

Also, all that talk of horror fruit salads "with syrup or juice at the bottom".
Err, what's wrong with that?
I don't think I've ever had a really bad fruit salad.
It's fruit and juice, and if you like, sugar.
Hardly rocket science.

There was supposed to be an enforced blackout in SA at 9 but it never came.

I watched this afterwards but fell asleep before the end.

I assume Julie won with her horrible fruit salad curry?

The food this year is really strange, and the more unappealing it is, the more the judges seem to like it (see Montana using cucumbers and chilli's as fruits).
Enforced blackout?

Yes. Julie did win and I was happy for her but I wouldn't want to eat her dish.

I wouldn't have wanted to eat any of the dishes tonight although I do like protein and fruit together.

Oh...just remembered I used to make a chicken curry with LOTS of fruit in it...pineapple, bananas, sultanas, tomatoes etc. Might have to dig that out again!

Also, all that talk of horror fruit salads "with syrup or juice at the bottom".
Err, what's wrong with that?
I don't think I've ever had a really bad fruit salad.
It's fruit and juice, and if you like, sugar.
Hardly rocket science.
The tinned crap is really bad...fresh is fine!

Back