Skip to main content

Masterchef 2021

Yes, it was Feb...so sad but sort of uplifting in a way. Never thought of MC as so serious...just a bit of 'fluff' that I LOVE to watch. I have a new found respect for them all...contestants, judges and ancillary people. Great show tonight imo.

Enjoyed Brents time in the show, he was very brave!… however I think sone cooking choices need to be reviewed, as some people are playing it too safe with their continued style of cooking at least Pete gets out of his comfort zone!

To be honest I don't really like much of what they cook at all. It's not the kind of thing I'd ever order, but they are cooking for chefs and food critics so they have to do something a bit out there.

I knew that the orange team would be called out for only using duck legs. You can't waste 30 ducks with breasts and bits and pieces like that.

The purple team seemed to have no idea about quantities. The guys are great cooks but don't seem to be able to conceptualize adequate portions when cooking for a crowd. I find that surprising.

Beef Wellington is one of my favourite things to eat and cook...but this thing is a whole new level!

Well done all involved!

I thought the Stanley knife was a great idea! I tend to swear a LOT when trying to score pork skin...I might use that idea the next time I have to attempt it.

I thought the Stanley knife was a great idea! I tend to swear a LOT when trying to score pork skin...I might use that idea the next time I have to attempt it.
I never have that problem.
But I do have a great extra sharp knife which i was given years ago which would cut through anything. I think it's Swiss. Have to watch my fingers!

Back