Skip to main content

Masterchef 2021

A Great Fruit Cake Recipie

You'll need the following: a cup of water, a cup of sugar, four large eggs, two cups of dried fruit, a teaspoon of baking soda, a teaspoon of salt, a cup of brown sugar, lemon juice, nuts, and a bottle of whisky.

Sample the whisky to check for quality.

Take a large bowl. Check the whisky again. To be sure it is the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer, beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar and beat again.

Make sure the whisky is still okay. Cry another tup. Turn off the mixer. Break two leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers pry it loose with a drewscriver.

Sample the whisky to check for tonsisticity. Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who cares? Check the whisky. Now sift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Spoon. Of sugar or something. Whatever you can find.

Grease the oven. Turn the cake tin to 350 degrees. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Throw the bowl out of the window, check the whisky again and go to bed.

I sometimes think these guest chefs have a perverted pleasure in getting the vontestants to make the impossible for their level of cooking skills.
I'm not keen on this woman, and I've never heard of her before.

I just fast forwarded to the last ten minutes.
Probably the most boring episode this year so far.

So sad to see Therese go - pin and all. She's lovely and a great little cook, and i loved how bashful she was when she met Reynold .

I sometimes think these guest chefs have a perverted pleasure in getting the vontestants to make the impossible for their level of cooking skills.
I'm not keen on this woman, and I've never heard of her before.
I guess they sort of have to do it because it's a pressure challenge? Set ridiculous challenges I mean. Kirsten Tibballs seems fairly nice to me (from what I've seen of her...she's a semi-regular on MC).

Kirsten Tibballs
So sad to see Therese go - pin and all. She's lovely and a great little cook, and i loved how bashful she was when she met Reynold .
I was sad to see her go too...I really liked her and she was one of my favourites but I don't understand why she didn't use the pin? She knew what she was doing was sub-par and the contestants in the gantry kept yelling at her to use it but she didn't. :bang:

I guess they sort of have to do it because it's a pressure challenge? Set ridiculous challenges I mean. Kirsten Tibballs seems fairly nice to me (from what I've seen of her...she's a semi-regular on MC).

Kirsten Tibballs

I was sad to see her go too...I really liked her and she was one of my favourites but I don't understand why she didn't use the pin? She knew what she was doing was sub-par and the contestants in the gantry kept yelling at her to use it but she didn't. :bang:
Totally agree with all you said 😊

I'm enjoying this. New favourites are emerging all the time.
Depindas box looked and sounded amazing.
At least all the contestants are highly likeable.
I wonder what George, Matt and Gary think about having been replaced so easily and well!

Tonight will be a bit boring too, being non elimination.
I have to say I found all the bento box food obscure and unappealing.
Just give me simple tempura prawns and spring rolls in mine.

I wasn't expecting to see Conner go this soon.
Since I don't eat meat, there wasn't much appeal for me last night, but it did inspire me to make some anchovy butter and do something with fish in the next few days.

I wasn't expecting to see Conner go this soon.
Since I don't eat meat, there wasn't much appeal for me last night, but it did inspire me to make some anchovy butter and do something with fish in the next few days.
You reminded me of one of my favourite movie quotes...

I wasn't expecting Connor to go this early either. It shows how easy it is if you get the smallest thing wrong at any time.

I'm a meat eater but none of the dishes inspired me either they were either things that I cook often or things that I would never cook eg oyster blade...I've never had a piece of that particular cut that wasn't like boot leather.

Really? How could four cooks beat FOUR chefs? But good on the cooks! The chefs were good sports but what about their rep?

Depinder seems to be the one to beat.

Just watching the start now. I saw the end on ten this afternoon so I know who wins.
It looks a bit of fun. They are all good sports.

I'm struggling.
The dishes and ingredients are nothing normal people can aspire to.
Who wants smears and granitas and raw meat and ingredients you certainly won't find in Coles like Jerusalem artichokes and cumquats?

The green team didn't look like coming close to Movida.
I know the name Movida, but don't know where from 🤔

It's a restaurant at Sydney Airport haha
Yes I googled it and saw that, but that's not where it's coming from.
It'll come to me. I know I've never been to any of the restaurants. And the Surry Hills one has closed down.
Maybe someone told me about it. I don't know.

Back